Chapter Six

Waiting

(( A/N: Hello hello~ I hope you all are as excited for the update as I am, I've been flailing since Monday owo And despite Bae trying to tell me that I don't need to have a schedule, I argue that I do because other wise you all would probably get a chapter, then a week later another, then three days later get two chapters and then not hear from me for at least a month. So as odd as the schedule thing may seem, it is to make sure that I stay consistant and don't just stop updating for long periods of time ^^

I have something to talk about for once~ Since lots of people have asked about the whole ChanTao vs ChenYeol stuff, I figured I should explain it. This fic was originally supposed to only be five chapters, the first setting up with Chanyeol in the hospital, then chapter two an overview of Chanyeol getting back into school and meeting Jongdae, chapter three Chanyeol meeting Tao and then I figured the next two chapters would be Chanyeol trying to remember what was lost with his amnesia

Obviously a lot has changed, and most of it happened after I made this and advertised it as a ChanTao story so I didn't like my Bae's suggestion of splitting the story into two parts, and I just decided to have it be one long continous story, that got a lot longer as I developed the relationship between Chanyeol and Jongdae. Minor hint(since spoiler doesn't seem like the right word) you will eventually have the chance to get a peak into Jongdae's past, I'm not sure yet where it fits in, but it will be in the latter chapters.

When I said there was minor ChenYeol it really was just supposed to cover Jongdae trying to get into Chanyeol's pants, and looking back I probably could have phrased it a lot better. They don't actually date, they were supposed to in one of my original plot sketches, but things changed. I'm actually planning on having a bonus chapter at the end of the fic full of little trivia like the way this story evloved, and all the things that were supposed to be things that didn't end up being things, hopefully I stop filling my twitter feed with them. Like I said, this story was supposed to only be five chapters, and now the aproximated chapter number is closer to 25-30, depending on if I can learn to slow things down for things that happen later. But there will be at least 25 chapters, and I hope to finish writing this story by the end of the year, but we shall see what life decides.

There's my ramblings~ I hope that cleared things up ^^ Feel free to send me questions in the comments or pm me ^^ I'm more than happy to talk to anyone about this fic~ Bae gave me her first predictions for things when she was reading the latest chapters I've written and it made me so excited, it's so much fun learning what people predict to happen or how they react to the things that are going on x3 ))

 


 

Chapter Six:
My Skin is Choking Me, My Feeble Walls Are Closing In
 


Chanyeol wasn’t sure if he was grateful to learn that the brunet’s name was Jongdae and that they had English together, or felt cursed by having to spend the rest of the school year with him. Either way when class was dismissed he made his way to the other’s desk, hand curling into fists as Jongdae pretended not to notice while packing his things into his bag.

“Give it back.”

“Hm?”

“I said, give it back.”

“Give what back?”

“Don’t play dumb, you know exactly what I’m talking about.”

“How could I?” Jongdae asked, looking up at Chanyeol as he slid his backpack over one shoulder. “I’m just some complete stranger who knows nothing about you.” Chanyeol slammed his fist on the desk, trying to ignore his irritation at how Jongdae didn’t even blink, or the way his eyes trailed down to Chanyeol’s trembling fist and back to meet his gaze.

“This isn’t funny.”

“Which is why I’m not laughing.”

“Those don’t belong to you, and I need them,” Chanyeol hissed though a clenched jaw and Jongdae offered shrug before he stood, walking away from the other.

“We’ll see if that’s true. Have fun detoxing,” he called with a small wave over his shoulder as he met a rad haired male in the door way who had been watching them with wide doe like eyes that reminded him of Kyungsoo. The pair stood there for a moment and the red head looked to him before they left and he looked down at his hand as he unclenched his fist. If he didn’t know better he would have chalked it up to low blood sugar.
 

 

Thursday Jongdae noticed that Chanyeol wasn’t in class and it wasn’t a worried feeling in the pit of his stomach that had him walking his way to the other side of the campus after he finished his classes for the day – at least that’s what he repeated to himself, especially when he saw someone outside Chanyeol’s door, knocking and trying to call through it.

“Mr. Park, please. Answer me!”

“What’s going on?” Jongdae asked and the blonde turned to look at him.

“Someone reposted hearing scream coming from this room. I’m the residential assistant for tis floor and it’s my job to check on him, but other than the supposed screaming there’s no sign he’s inside. Are you a friend of his?” She asked and he would have rolled his eyes if it wasn’t for the concern in hers.

“Y-yeah. He wasn’t in class and my phone’s dead so I couldn’t call him to see if he was alright.”

“I have a copy of his door key,” she said, pulling a small ring of keys out and flipping through them. “He’d probably be more okay with you going in than me,” she said, unlocking the door once she found the right key.

“I doubt that,” Jongdae muttered.

“What was that?”

“Nothing. Thank you for helping. I’ll take it from here,” he said, stepping to open the door.

“Should I wait here in case you need to call an ambulance or something?”

“I don’t think that’ll be necessary. I can use his phone in the off chance I need to,” Jongdae told her, opening the door. “Thank you again,” he added, slipping in and closing the door behind himself.

The first thing he noticed was the room was almost pitch black, even at two in the afternoon and he moved his hand along the wall trying to find the light switch – tripping over something in the process and slamming his head into something wooden when he fell. He collected himself into a sitting position trying to remember the lay out of the room without much luck other than that the bathroom was directly across from the bed.

He reached out, his hand coming in to contact with some kind of fabric where he had pushed and he pushed it out of the way and slowly made his way to the other side of the room on his hands and knees, jumping a little when his hand came into contact with the wall. He stood, sliding his hands up the wall as he went, moving his right hand over until he found the open doorway, and he moved over enough for his hand to slip inside to find the light.

He cringed at the sudden light, but as his eyes adjusted he looked back around the room. He had tripped over Chanyeol’s bag from where it was now by the door and he would have thought the room was empty if the pile of blankets on the bed didn’t curl as the light touched it. He stepped over to the bed, ripping the comforter off the male who had a pillow wrapped around his head, holding it over his ears.

“What kind of a game is made up of skipping classes and scaring your neighbors by screaming?” Jongdae asked, his voice raising as Chanyeol tried to press the pillow harder against his ears. “Hey! I’m talking to you!” he snapped and Chanyeol mumbled something. “Come again?” Jongdae asked, dropping the comforter onto the floor.

“H… Hurts…” Chanyeol repeated, his voice rough.

“No , your throat is supposed to hurt when you pretend to be a banshee,” Jongdae snapped and Chanyeol flinched, trying to curl his lanky limbs into himself the best he could. Jongdae reached out, yanking the pillow from the black haired male and was met with wide, bloodshot eyes, and a frown crossed his lips. “The happened to you?”

“E-everything’s too l-loud… too bright… c-can’t sleep, because wh-when I do… that’s when I scream.” Chanyeol said and Jongdae was pretty sure the other was about to start crying.

“Is that what your pills are for?” Jongdae asked and Chanyeol nodded, closing his eyes, trying to block out the light, but it didn't help much. “,” Jongdae muttered, turning to sit on the bed. “What ed you up so badly that you scream in your sleep?” He wondered as Chanyeol stiffly turned so he was on his stomach, pressing his face into the bed to once again block out the light from the bathroom. He relaxed when his eyes finally caught some rest.

“No one knows,” He choked out, his shoulders quivering before his breathing became choppy and he pressed his face harder into the bed. Jongdae looked around the room before sighing, standing from the bed and walking to the door.

“I’ll be back.” He grumbled, having to focus hard not to slam the door as he left. Twenty minutes later he returned with one of Chanyeol’s pills and set it on the night stand with a glass of water. The black haired male looked at it, then to Jongdae and back, remaining still.

“I’m not going to trick you, just take it before I change my mind,” Jongdae spat and Chanyeol flinched, watching the brunet as he reached out, taking the pill and slipping it onto his mouth. He swallowed it, chasing it down with the class of water and Jongdae crossed his arms over his chest.

“You gonna start screaming again?” He asked and Chanyeol shook his head once.

“Why… did you believe me?” He asked and Jongdae leaned against the door.

“Would you rather I didn’t?” He asked, receiving a shake of the other’s head. “I’ve seen what withdrawals from this are like and screaming in your sleep isn’t one of those symptoms, so I’m going to guess that’s something it fixes,” Jongdae replied and Chanyeol pulled his arms tight to his body as he sat up, looking down at the floor. “What did you mean by ‘no one knows’ when I asked what caused this. You got some childhood abuse you never spoke of or something?” He asked and Chanyeol shook his head again, leaning forward as he hung his head. “Then what?”

“No one knows, that’s all there is. I woke up in the hospital, and didn’t remember how I got there… or the months before waking up there. They let me leave and my first night home my sister woke me up because I had been screaming in my sleep. The pills made that go away… but when you take something for a year…”

“You build up a tolerance.” Jongdae finished and Chanyeol nodded. The brunet took a deep breath letting it out as a sigh that turned into a frustrated groan. “I just wanted to get laid, not adopt a drug addict.” He huffed and Chanyeol gave him a confused look as he grabbed Chanyeol’s phone from the night stand.

“What are you…”

“You should really put a lock on your phone.” Jongdae said, messing with the device in his hand, his own pocket vibrating a few moments later as he put the other’s cell back on the night stand. “I’m in your contacts as Kim Jongdae. You gonna remember my name this time?” he asked.

“Y-yeah.” Chanyeol replied, his tone cautious.

“Good. Because I’m going to start monitoring your habit and we’re going to get you back down to how much you’re supposed to be taking,” Jongdae stated and the black haired male frowned.

“So you’re not going to give me back my pills?”

“Sure I will. One at a time.” He replied, and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“That’s not for you to decide when I need to take them! I was specifically told to take it twice a day as I need it.”

“That’s not what the bottle says.”

“Oh, now you’re going to think I’m lying.”

 


(( A/N x3 My favorite thing in this chapter is Jongdae asking 'what ed you up so badly you scream in your sleep?'  No Jongdae, that's not something that you ask a stranger, you have really poor social ettiquette, and this is one very apparent example.

So yeah, yay, Jongdae's gonna monitor his pills, and everything is gonna be fine owo because that's realiztic, right? ))