Chapter 2

Hands and Leaves.

“WAAAAAH!!” exclaimed Raina surprised by what she found. The girl was indeed there, but behind her, were these vines and leaves around the body, are those… coming out of her? inquired Raina trying to find an explanation to what she was looking at.

 

“How can the human body..?” but before finishing her sentence, the other girl spoke up “Are you out of your mind? I’m not human.” Raina tried to process what she just said, but an unusual fear was taking control of her body, the more she replayed the words on her head. She laughed nervously, “It’s a joke, right?” this made the taller girl to frown in disgust "Do I look like some clown to you?"

 

Raina quickly regretted that observation. "No, of course, not! I didn't mean that!" her mind was still processing whether she was witnessing reality or was some good acting. But the other girl seemed to read her mind as she pointed out to some boys down.

 

"Silly creatures, they think they can just do whatever they want without getting some payback"

 

Raina got close and looked down, the boys were destroying flowers and hitting the trees with a bat as their laughter filled their surroundings.

 

"Let's give them a bit of a lesson"

 

The tall 'girl' held some seeds on her hand and threw them down. When they touched the earth, they instantly grew up into beautiful sunflowers. The boys aware of the new plants ran towards it, which made her smile. With a move of her hand they suddenly were stunned, they couldn't move, but a few seconds later, some extended their arms and moved slowly to their sides, one of them just stood there with his arms high.

 

Raina looked at the whole scene, then at the girl, then down "What is happening to them?"

 

"I just made them think they were plants, and that other guy thinks he's a tree"

 

The short girl felt frightened and then fascinated "Are they gonna stay like that forever?"

 

"I was planning to kill them, but they look more entertaining in this way, the effect will pass by the afternoon" a thing that made Raina feel relieved.

 

The bell rang and both went inside the classroom, the short biology fangirl couldn't stop staring at this other girl, which the latter noticed and lifted a finger placing it slowly on her forehead, making her fall asleep.

 

The familiar sound was there again, announcing that class was over, a classmate woke her up, giggling. "You slept all class"

 

"I can't believe this, ugh"

 

"It's okay, it happens. I'm Yoojin, by the way, but most people call me Uee."

 

Raina smiled at her "I'm Raina"

 

Once she got out of class, she went for a can of orange soda and a bottle of water, then went back to the terrace hoping to find this strange girl-plant.

 

When she made it to the terrace, she saw her pouring water on her head, with a very calm expression on her face.

 

"Stop staring at me"

 

"I'm sorry, I just... I was curious. Uh.. I'm Raina."

 

"Nana"

 

"Nice to meet you, Nana" she smiled at her.

 

Nana looked up to her and took interest on what she was holding "What you got there?"

 

"Uh, a bottle of water and orange-- hey! Don't-" But before she could even finish her warning, Nana was already drinking the orange soda, shaking after every sip.

 

"You humans eat so much garbage"

 

"Then give me back my soda, that's not good for plants."

 

"I like the sensation."