Chapter 4

Hands and Leaves.

 

A few days passed, things evolved a bit better between them, and orange soda was a common drink to get for Nana.

 

"I still think that thing is gonna be bad for you. Doesn't it make you wither?"

 

"If I drink it in large quantities, it is. Gotta say, it's the only human-made garbage I enjoy."

 

"There's a botany lecture today and I wanna go, you don't mind to come with me, right?"

 

"Well, I could always find something fun to do, and enjoy all the erratic theories and hypothesis your species have about mine."

 

**

 

"Over here!" called Eunji to Raina, which made Nana to startle a bit, as they got close to take their seats. Both Eunji and Nana were unfamiliar with each other, after giving out their names, they just limited to look at the other in awe as they got into their own mental surprises.

 

Who's this human? She smells nice. Lavender? Could she be..?

 

This girl is quite pretty and she's hanging out with Raina, must be a nice girl, who knows if she's into Botany like us?

 

"Who do you think is invited?" said Raina cutting the long staring moment between the two girls.

 

"I have no idea" said Eunji shaking her head slowly.

 

Suddenly, one of the teacher announced the arrival of their guest for the lecture. After a few seconds of silence, a short feminine figure with short black hair walked on the stage, receiving the cheers and claps of many, including the amazement of Eunji and Raina.

 

"No way! Is Dr. Park!" Eunji clapped in surprise

 

"This is gonna be a wonderful lecture" added Raina smiling as much as she could.

 

"And who's that?"

 

"What do you mean with who's that? That's Dr. Park Sooyoung! She's like the current authority on Botany. She has discovered, classified and wrote several essays about a lot of plants, I heard she used to study here and got graduated at early age, didn't think it was true, but now I can believe it."

 

"Thank you for your attendance. It's good to have these many fans." said Dr. Park with a grin on her face.

 

The lecture proceeded, getting Eunji and Raina quite excited. Nana, on the other hand, was getting quite bored. She stared at both of the girls to her side with a serious expression, then stood up and walked out of the auditorium.

 

**

 

Nana stood in front of the plants she tried to merge with, when she wanted to go back to her world, thinking there was no purpose on staying in a human form.

 

"Beautiful specimen, right?" a voice said.

 

Nana frowned and turned to Dr. Park, who got closer by every step, once in front of her, she lifted her hand holding her face, examining her.

 

"So, you are"

 

"Don't touch me"

 

"Here I thought our second meeting would go better, especially after you didn’t go back with your kind. I wonder for how long will you keep this whole form?" she thought for a bit before smiling "How about I help you? Let me examinate you properly"

 

"What do you want?"

 

"Isn't it obvious? Study you, you said it yourself the other time. I mean, you don't get to see a super plant every day." Dr. Park tried to get close, but this time Nana made grow spikes from her arm, pinching the other's hand.

 

"A bit rude, aren't we?" added after the failed attempt to “befriend” Nana.

 

"Nana! Where are you?" Raina called out, finally finding both her and Dr. Park, who she greeted respectfully. "Oh! so you know each other? I really enjoyed your lecture, Dr. Park"   

 

"Oh, please. Call me Lizzy"

 

"Do you work here, Dr. P- Lizzy?

 

"Yes, I just came back for a new research and I found another. Sadly, your super plant friend doesn't want me to study her. But I won't give up." Lizzy turned into her steps, muttering a final...

 

 

"See you soon".