Chapter 12

Hands and Leaves.

Nana stays confused about Raina's attitude, she sits down "Humans are idiots. Why else would you hold someone that close?"

A couple of weeds started to grow from her head and sighed, Raina was the one who cut them down, but she was angry so it was her turn to take care of them. She looked for scissors and scanned them confused and wondering how Raina do it, by testing to cut a magazine page she got the idea, and so, she proceeded to trim herself.

A couple of hours passed after she made it, she then went back to lay on bed, noticing that Raina wasn't still back. "She can't be angry at me for that?"

The question was eating her insides and the chemicals she was producing didn't allow her to sleep, she noticed Raina's phone was next to her, she turned it up and down, wondering how it worked "How do I speak with someone?" for the sake of finding out she started to yell at it "Raina! It's Nana! Come back!"

Suddenly, she pressed a button that showed Eunji's picture at the school lab. "Violet" her eyes then went wide with realization "I bet she knows" she stood up and went out to look for her.

**

Once inside, she reached the place easily. But at someone's sight she stopped. The person, who was wearing a cloak, approached to her, the more this one did, the less she could move, until she finally stopped in front of her.

Why I can't move?

Nana tried anything she could think of, without success, then she saw a butterfly flying around and her eyes went wide in alarm. The unknown subject started to walk away from the super plant until disappearing from her sight, and so did the butterfly, after that, she could move again. With a heavy breathing she examined herself to see if something was altered, but to her content, she was okay.

A click was heard from the door nearby and Eunji appeared "Oh! Nana, what are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you"  

"For me?"

"Yeah, Raina got angry at me and I don't know why." Nana frowned in almost an adorable way looking down the floor, Eunji did find it adorable despite of whatever she heard on how risky could be the super plant. She got close to her and held her shoulder.

"Well, let's sit here and you could explain it to me better" 

Nana told her everything that happened, Eunji's eyes widened, she occasionally nodded, then shook her head and looked at Nana with kindness when this one finished telling her the story.

"Nana, hugs are a way to show affection to human beings, that's no signal for... mating. Unless you've let known your lover previously, I guess."

"I understand humans most of the time, but Raina... I don't know, she's different, she's... complicated."

Eunji giggled "Humans, all of us, are complicated one way or another, Nana"

"You think Raina won't go back to the dorm? I mean, she should go back, she left her phone and I thought that maybe bringing it with me would lead her back"

"To the dorms or to you?" asked Eunji with a raised eyebrow.

Nana's breathing hitched, she didn't know what she was feeling, but it was an uncomfortable thing, yet she was honest with her on-going confusion "To the dorms?"

"Why?" asked Eunji trying to dig in Nana's mind.

"Isn't it obvious? She'll be safer there and that's her place of return, she lives there!" replied Nana almost exasperated at such question being thrown at her.

"Nana, Raina doesn't live there. She's there as long as she studies here. She has a family, parents. A home."

"You mean, she'll leave one day anyway?" she asked with the uncomfortable feeling being clearly evident on her face. Her breathing was out of control and Eunji got instantly worried "Are you okay?"

"I am. I'm just... I don't know, my chest feels heavy."

"Sit and breath, slowly" advised Eunji and Nana followed her words. Her breath went deep and slowly, she took several breaths until she was back to normal, or almost there. "Are you feeling better?"

"A bit." she muttered then added "Do you know how to use this? I want her to appear right now." she said with her usual serious tone yet with a lower volume, her eyes displayed a different feeling from her voice.

"I do" Eunji said patting her shoulder "How about I take you back to the dorms, I bet Raina will be in her room by the time we get at there?" she suggested.

"Sure"