Chapter 7.1: Raina's Journal

Hands and Leaves.

"The humidity did its work with Nana. Her shoots are growing of a light green.

I'm thinking on what Dr. Park said. What if she goes berserk?

Naeun's wounds looked severe and Nana was like in a deep trance I didn't know how to handle. I would like to study her... I've always wanted since I met her, but considering that she was walking among us as a human being, I just couldn't bring myself to do such thing. So, I rather let it pass and appeal to her human form and possible behaviour than treat her just as a discovery that should be studied and tested.

I have to say that I'm impressed that Dr. Park hasn't tried to study Nana against her will. Nana seems to not like her at all, but I don't think she's that bad, if she were... Nana would be going through terrible tests right now. Such possibility scares me, so I'm glad Dr. Park understands. I guess that notebook of all the articles and pics I've collected about her is still gonna exist.

No, I don't like Dr. Park! She's pretty though, but I don't feel the same with her as with... I think it's better to ommit this part.

Anyway, to be honest, I don't want Nana to feel like a freak. I know what it feels like. I also know that she can make friends if she wanted to, she can live among us.

It totally took me as a surprise that she actually has feelings, which is why I refuse even more to study her. At least not without her permission.

I know that as a future botanist, this is probably a big mistake, but as a human... it just feels like it's the right thing to do.

I've taken good care of plants, I've considered that they also could feel pain, even if it's not visible to us. I'm not gonna change with Nana.

I'll take care of her."