Chapter 13

Hands and Leaves.

Nana and Eunji walked together through the desolated aisles of the school, towards the dorm talking about any other thing, focusing also on the use of the phone, and a bit on reading. A few steps further, the super plant got suddenly interested on a certain thought, she turned to her right where the mysterious figure disappeared and stopped for a moment. Eunji noticed and stopped along. 

"What is it, Nana?"

"Some being appeared in front of me" she replied almost in a whisper.

"It was probably the janitor"

"No, this one was wearing a cloak covering the face, it had human form, apparently."

"Maybe... it was another one like you?" Eunji wondered.

"No, I don't paralyze in front of my own species"

"Any other thing you noticed?" asked the human companion clearly interested.

"Yeah, a butterfly was flying around"

Eunji's eyes widened "A... butterfly?"

"Yes"

"Do you know the species?"

"No, I don't keep up with insects, especially when half of them hurt my species badly, they either bring some substances with them or eat our leaves"

"I see..." Eunji nodded drowned in her own thoughts until Nana spoke up again.

"Let's keep going, Violet"

Eunji nodded and they kept walking until crossing the entrance of the school, when the human companion made a question to Nana "I'm still a little surprised you looked for me. Why was that?"

"Besides Raina, you're a human I trust, and you always smell like violets, that tranquilizes me somehow" Nana titled her head and stopped again "You're not of my kind, right?"

Eunji giggled "No, Nana. I'm not. I'm human, one you trust and hopes you keep trusting in her" Nana joined her and both kept walking until finally reaching the dorms.

When entering, both found Raina in there.

Nana's eyes widened and part of her felt an urge to do something to express how glad she was to find Raina in there, but if hugs made her mad, then anything else would just make her equally angry and she'll leave again, something the super plant wanted to avoid.

"What are you two doing together?" asked Raina

"Relax, she went to look for me because she was worried about you"

"Really?"

Nana resorted to her usual self and replied "Yes, I don't want to keep t myself", but somehow the answer didn't satisfy the super plant. Eunji shook her head slowly at such dry words that probably reflected all the contrary, she dissipated that scene by stating in her mind that Nana didn't know what she was feeling, or maybe she imagined the wrong thing from the tall specimen towards Raina.

"Well, I'll leave you two. Oh, Raina, let her use your phone once in while if she wants to look for me"

"Okay?" replied Raina a bit confused.

Eunji left and both species stood in front of the other in silence.

"Violet taught me how to use the phone. It's really useful"

"What else did you two do?" Raina asked in a casual tone as she turned to put some books on her desk.

"Well, she sat with me to talk, occassionally held my shoulder, smiled to me, and on our way here she taught me how to use the phone. She felt also happy when I said I trusted her." explained Nana as honest as ever.

"You trust her? Good, that's just great. I guess she's also in good conditions to mate?" she said sarcastically as one of the books fell, at the same time a 'pop' joined the sound of the objects against the floor.

Raina went down to pick them up, but when she looked up, a flower bouquet was in front of her face. "What is this?"

"I'm... not sure. Eunji said it would be a good idea" Raina was silent and Nana added "I'm sorry" she took a breath and kept going in her monotonous and uninterested tone "I have no idea what's a hug for a human, I know too little about humans, but I found out that... I don't like to be away from you." Raina's eyes started to show a certain amount of affection towards Nana, even if the rest of her body was in a struggle to resist the entire show to be played. Nana continued "And if hugs makes you uncomfortable, then... I won't do it again"

Raina was not ready for another awkward situation with Nana, but she took a breath and thought that it was useless to fight the feelings which the super plant was well aware of. "Well, it's not like we're gonna be hugging 24hrs of each day" she gave a small smile to Nana and extended her arm "Come" she said to then look at a confused Nana 

"Where?"

"What do you mean by 'where'? Close, here" she said before pulling Nana close to her, the super plant got barely time to realize what was going on when she fell on the human girl's warm arms.

Hugs for affection..., she thought

I like it