Chapter 13.1: Eunji's Journal

Hands and Leaves.

Nana told me she found some strange specimen and it wasn't exactly a super plant. I thought that maybe she was seeing things, so I went back to satisfy the curiosity I had about something.

I entered the lab, went straight to where I had this plant Raina gave me years ago, only to find it on the floor among the earth. The pot was broken to pieces, but also, the butterfly that used to be there was gone.

Not only that, the 5 coccoons who were still caterpillars yesterday, were also gone. I wouldn't go so far as to think that someone would come by just to steal butterflies, but I also think that it's impossible that these coccoons turned into butterflies from one day to another and went out flying. As for the flower pot, not even all of them together would throw a mid-size one to the floor.

I guess all I can do now is to see if the butterfly comes back, I also should keep an eye on the aisle where Nana saw this figure. If this specimen made a super plant paralyze, I don't think I wanna find out what could be capable to do to humans.

I'll give it a rest for tonight, maybe I'll see things in another perspective in the morning.

By the way, there was a strange smell in the air.