Chapter 10

Hands and Leaves.

Next day all the students at school were happily walking, running, and gathering on every other place. The preparations for the festival were starting to take place.

Raina was assigned by some group to take care of the floral decoration, for they have been asked to take care of the auditorium for the Rose Princess election. She brought Nana with her, to help her with the tasks but more than that, for her to get along with others and make friends.

She can be with us, she can. Why should I bother studying her? That would be like a mother trying to figure out why a child is gay and not straight instead of letting him or her be...

She suddenly stopped after that thought finished, at first she thought that it wasn't a good example, but then... it seemed to be the best one to portrait what she was doing. She gave a look at Nana who was somehow surrounded by girls and guys, some showing their support on the elections and some trying to get her number, the whole vision of the people going excited arround her while she was just with that usual expresionless face made her laugh.

Nana suddenly looked at her directly, Raina didn't need words to know that she was asking to be 'saved' from them. She went over and took her to the table where she was making paper flowers, Nana frowned at the sight of such things, she took one and said in a mocking tone "Do you call these flowers?"

"Well, it's not like we have a lot of money to hire a florist for that big auditorium, and I can't grow so many roses on any place."

A 'pop' was heard and Nana was holding a beautiful white rose in her hand, Raina smiled at the suprising act. "So beautiful" then she smirked "so... shall I take that as a 'yes' for help?" the super plant only made more flowers to appear without saying a word.

"Such beautiful flowers!", "They even have perfume.", "Almost like the real thing", such statements were heard by the girls who came to check how the decoration flowers were going for them to start working.

 

**

 

"Nana, you can have my lunch!", "Here's a delicious cake a baked this morning", "Here's some soda". A group of guys and girls were offering foods of all sorts in a nonstop motion. Nana gave them a couple of colorful flowers she made appear away from their sight.

She can make friends. Raina smiled at that thought.

When the afternoon was over, she picked up her things and started to walk back to the dorms, she didn't want to bother Nana, after all, she seemed to be loved and was demonstrating it in her own way, by giving out beautiful flowers.

Once she was like half way close to the dorm entrance, someone caught up her steps. "Leaving without me?"

Raina turned and looked to the sides in surprise before setting her eyes back to Nana "I thought you were going to eat with them".

"I was going to, but these specimens of your kind are too loud."

Raina laughed "I'm pretty sure they can lower their voices if you ask them"

"I don't feel as safe as when I'm with you. You're not loud and I can trust you." It was definitely a day of surprises for Raina.

Slightly blushing she could barely look at Nana's face —expresionless as usual—, somehow she felt disappointed at the usual sight.

Why I'm even expecting another face? she thought as if thinking she would encounter a shy or smiley Nana was the most idiotic thing in the world.

She shook her head "Let's go inside then, we need to rest for tomorrow"

Nana nooded and both continued their walk towards the dorms.

 

**

 

Raina bathed Nana with special care that night and proceeded to sit on her desk to write something on her journal, just to see that it wasn't there.

She looked everywhere and suddenly she saw Nana standing in front of her with a familiar notebook. Raina rushed towards her "That's mine! Give it back!"

"What does it say?"

Raina sighed, "So you didn't read it?"

"No, I can't."

"So, plants have morals."

"I didn't say I lack of.. whatever that word means." She frowned and looked away before making a confession...

"I can't read."