Chapter 1

Hands and Leaves.

"Such a beautiful flower!" Raina kept staring at every detail of the specimen in front of her, she loved every plant that got in her way, but more than that, she had respect for them, that’s why she hoped to do well on this school, so her grades would take her directly to a career in Botany, despite of her father hesitating about it at first. "I made a good choice with this school", she looked up smiling, then turned her head towards her surroundings and finally, directing her eyes back to the flower, "You think so too, right?" whispered while gently touching it.

Suddenly, the bell rang, she got up in surprise and ran to her classroom “I better not be late”, when she got to the door and opened it, “Good—… What?” she barely got to mutter at the scenario that was in front of her. Everyone, every student along the teacher in charge of the class, were with their heads against their desks in a deep sleep. Raina kept looking trying to make an explanation for herself without success, about to give up she spotted a single person who wasn’t sleeping.

Dark hair, white skin, a girl with beautiful features, but something really curious, sunlight seemed to make her hair glow in an unusual green light, shades to be precisely. Must be some dye, Raina thought, the non-sleeping girl turned to her, causing a sudden sensation on her body while trying to find an answer “Hi! Do you kn- wh- what? I’m suddenly… so… sleepy.” And those were the last words Raina could say before slowly falling on the floor.

"Unnie! Wake up!" Raina felt her shoulder being tapped, groaning in annoyance, she woke up. When she could gather all her memories, she opened her eyes wide and looked around, the classroom was almost empty, Raina shook her head "Was it a dream? So weird.", the other girl looked at her confused "Are you okay, unnie?", the questioned turned to her, "Yes! yes, I’m alright…", when she finally gave a look at the other girl, she couldn’t help to smile, "Eunji?! I thought you were going to another school", Eunji smiled back "It’s so nice to see you, unnie, I can’t believe you’re here. My mom thought I could do well here, you know, this school has its reputation and everything, so she thought that it would be good for me."

Eunji was Raina’s childhood friend, they were in each other’s levels of understanding, and among that, they had something in common: Biology, but with marked differences, while Raina’s interests were directed towards the plantae kingdom, Eunji’s ones were towards the animalae one.

After a short talk, Raina got out of the classroom and went to the garden, wanting to see the plants in there, while Eunji went to her last class. The more she walked around the garden, the wider her smile went, until she suddenly stopped after recognizing a familiar figure who was observing another plant closely.

The figure turned out to be a girl, so Raina thought it was a good moment to make some friends, she couldn’t help to dive in her thoughts when she saw her face, Isn’t this…? No, it can’t be, but she’s surely gorgeous, after shaking her head, she smiled kindly “So, you like plants too? That’s a gusang namu, by the way, it only grows in Jeju island, I can’t believe they got one in he—” Raina interrupted her speech, when the girl walked away “Hey! wait!”, the friendship objective ran to the terrace, Raina went after her until reaching the place where she stopped, only to be surprised.

"WAAAAAH!!"

She found the girl, indeed, but there was a slight difference…