Chapter 2

Is That All You Got?

It was 3am before Jihyun finally made it back to her room. She had been training and practicing all day long and then went out to grab a bite to eat and karaoke with a few of her fellow trainees as a celebration for her and two other people joining them in their training. Lucky for Jihyun, everyone was kind and didn't stir up too much trouble. She had yet to really hit it off with some though, which was normal for her so it didn't bother her too much. 

Jihyun flopped down on her mat with a sigh. She rubbed her eyes and sat for a few minutes before pushing herself back up to get ready for bed. She showered, changed, brushed her teeth and did her nightly face was routine before laying back down and immediately falling into a deep sleep.

 

Jihyun was woken up early the next morning to banging on her door. She groggily opened her eyes and checked the time on her phone. 6:30am. Only three and a half hours of sleep. Jihyun was startled when she heard more banging on the door, remembering why she had woken up. She stood up and smoothed out her pajamas before answering the door. She sighed exasperatedly and pouted. "Why'd you have to wake me up so early?" 

Youngsuk chuckled at her and held up a bag. "I brought pastries?" Jihyun's pout lifted but only by a bit. "And coffee?" He said holding up his other hand which was holding a drink carrier with two steaming cups of coffee. 

Jihyun's eyes widened and she immediately let him in. Youngsuk grinned and walked in. "So, today you have more training but it should end a little earlier since you aren't getting started as late as yesterday." He told her as they sat on her floor and he handed her a pastry and coffee.

Jihyun nodded as she bit into the pastry. 'I guess I'll just have to get used to running on little-to-no sleep.' She thought to herself with a sigh. 

Youngsuk checked his watch. "We should leave here in about thirty minutes. Is that enough time for you to get ready?" 

Jihyun sat straight up in shock before stuffing the rest of the pastry in , taking a sip of coffee, and sprinting into the bathroom. Youngsuk laughed at her sudden reaction. He waited for her to get ready as he ate his pastry.

Jihyun was the first idol/trainee that he was officially put to manage so he wanted to take good care of her, that's why he brought the coffee and pastries. Sure, he had helped take care of a few trainees before but this time it was real. It was just him managing Jihyun. He wanted to do a good job. 

In about 20 minutes, Jihyun ran out of the bathroom and quickly opened her suitcase sitting right next to Youngsuk. He watched her in amusement as she grabbed her clothes and ran back into the bathroom.

Soon, she was completely done and ready and she came out of the bathroom with a sigh. Youngsuk stood up with a smile and handed her her coffee. She thanked him with a tired smile before grabbing her bag and following him out the door.

 

Soon, they made it to the company and headed to training. It was exactly like it was yesterday. Everyone was there and no one new. We started with vocal and, for those of us who would become rappers, rap practice. We spent hours on that because some people just weren't getting it but when we were done we got to have lunch. The mangers went out and got food for whoever they were managing while we all took a break.

Jihyun sat against a wall in the dance studio, drinking water to sooth her dry throat. After a few minutes, a girl came over and sat down next to her. Jihyun turned and looked at her, wondering why she had come over here. The girl turned to her and flashed a toothy smile. "Hello! I'm Mary." 

Jihyun nodded with a half smile. "Hi, my name's Jihyun." She could tell Mary was from the states by her slight accent but other than that she spoke rather good Korean.

"You're very talented. I saw you during practice yesterday and today and you're probably improving faster than anyone else here." Jihyun was surprised by the sudden compliment.

"O-oh, I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I just got here. I'm not that good." Jihyun rubbed the back of her neck, a bit embarrassed.

Mary shook her head. "No, you're awesome. Really. I wouldn't say so if I didn't mean it." 

Jihyun offered her a sincere smile. "Well, thank you. I may not think I'm as good as you say but still, thank you." 

Just then, the managers returned from getting food. Mary grinned at Jihyun. "Come on, let's go get our food." She said, standing up and offering Jihyun a hand.

Jihyun looked at the girls hand before nodded in agreement with a smile. She grabbed Mary's hand and pulled herself up before heading over. Mary went over to her manager while Jihyun skipped over to Youngsuk. He smiled at her and offered her the bag of food. "I see you've made a friend!" He said as he glanced over to Mary. Jihyun pulled her food out of her bag and began eating, also glancing over at Mary before nodding with a smile. "Yeah, I guess I did." Youngsuk smiled at Jihyun and ruffled her short hair. "Aww, our little Jihyun is playing well with the other kids." He teased.

Jihyun laughed and batted his hand away. "Whatever." She muttered. Jihyun was happy by how close she and Youngsuk had become already. It was nice to have an older brother figure around even when she didn't really know anyone else. Jihyun heard the trainer call for just five more minutes so Jihyun quickly finished her food before thanking Youngsuk and heading over to get ready. She drank some more water and stretched herself out a bit before the trainer called for everybody to come back for some dance training. 

 

A/N: This chapter is a bit shorter than I would have liked but I wanted to go ahead get it out there. I'm also a bit sick so I haven't really felt very motivated so I apologize for that. Hopefully I'll get to feeling better soon so I can put more chapters out quick!