Chapter 3

Is That All You Got?

I'm finally back after being sick for what felt like forever! Sorry for taking so long with this chapter but I should be able to get a few out this week before school starts. After school starts I may go to updating maybe once or twice a week unless I have less homework than usual or something. Anyway! Here's chapter 3!

 

Jihyun sat on the floor of the practice room, panting for breath. "Alright, Jihyun. I'll give you a short break. I have to make a phone call so I'll be back." Her trainer said and left the room.

Jihyun had started practicing by herself as she was moving ahead of the group she was in and was planning to debut solo anyway. She grabbed her already half empty water bottle and took a swig of it before standing back up. She walked forward and started the music. She didn't want to miss any moment she could be practicing. She worked on the moves, repeating every time she wasn't happy with a move which was pretty often. She didn't even notice the door open and close again. After a minute of the person standing there, Jihyun could feel their eyes on her. Expecting it to be here teacher, she paused and turned to explain that she had just wanted to keep practicing. She was surprised when she saw Jungkook standing there.

"Oh! Uh, hey. Haven't seen you in awhile." She said with a tired smile as Jungkook stood against the wall by the door.

He returned the smile and nodded. "Yeah, I've been practicing hard. I see you have too." He mentioned as he tilted his head, gesturing to the place she had just been dancing.

Jihyun shrugged. "I'm just really wanting to finally debut." She told him, wiping the sweat from her forehead. "Speaking of debuting, I here your debut music video is coming out in a couple weeks." She said with a grin. She didn't know him well but she knew he really wanted this and was happy for him.

Jungkook smiled shyly and nodded. "Yeah, it's exciting. We finished filming yesterday and now the team just has to put the video together and do all the editing." He explained, his smile growing slightly wider just thinking about the upcoming debut. He'd been training for long enough, he was ready. 

Just then, Jihyun's trainer came back and shooed Jungkook out. "See you later!" He called as he left. Jihyun smiled as she watched him leave. He and Mary were two of the only people who'd been so nice to her, other than her manager of course. Jihyun's trainer got her back to work, practicing and practicing, trying to improve.

Three weeks passed and Jungkook's group, BTS, debuted. Their music took Korea and the world by storm. They were bringing in more money to the company than any other band in the company had for their debut. They were easily the rookies of the year. Jihyun hadn't seen much of Jungkook since his debut and still had yet to meet his fellow members but she knew that they had to be unbelieveably busy with their performances and practice and such.

One day, Jihyun was walking down the hall after practice when she heard BTS No More Dream playing in one of the practice rooms. She smiled and walked over, peeking through the small window in the door. There were seven guys dancing to the beat with amazing precision. Jihyun soon spotted Jungkook in the group and smiled as she watched. It's no wonder they were so popular, they were fantastic. Jihyun quietly slipped in, not wanting to disturb their work. Luckily, no one noticed her enter so she sat down and watched with pure admiration. She hoped to dance like them one day. She wasn't that good yet but she was working hard on it.

The song ended and they stood for a moment, breathing heavily before dispersing to rest for a moment. One of the members turned in her direction and literally screamed when he saw her. Jihyun herself was surprised by his reaction but s looked bored as they turned to look at what he was screaming at. Jungkook saw her and a smile grew on his face. "Jihyun! You're here!" He grinned and came over to greet her. They shared a brief hug before he turned back to the other members. They looked slightly surprised by the exchange but were quick to give her smiles when she looked at them. 

"Guys, this is Jihyun. I met her the day she joined the company as a trainee." He explained to them. "Jihyun, let me introduce you to the guys." He smiled and first pointed to the guy who had screamed. "That's Taehyung. His stage name is V but you can call him either one." He then pointed to a guy who looked like he could probably kill Jihyun. "That's our lead, Namjoon, also known as Rap Monster." Namjoon's face broke into a large grin and Jihyun felt far less intimidated then. She returned the smile as Jungkook pointed to a very pretty guy. "This is Jin, our oldest member." Jin smiled and politely waved. Jihyun returned it and looked to the next two people. "This is Yoongi, or Suga, and Hoseok, or J-Hope. They're our rap line along with Namjoon hyung." Jihyun gave them a smile and a slight bow which they returned. Then the last one. "This is Jiminnie, our shorty vocal." Jungkook said with a laugh. Jimin made a face at him before greeting her with a smile and bow which Jihyun returned. 

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet you all. I'm Jihyun, born '97" She bowed once more. They smiled and returned the greeting. 

"'97? Then you're the same age as our Jungkookie! That means were your oppas! You can call me oppa." Jimin winked at her, earning a shove from Yoongi which caused him to nearly fall over as the other boys ignored him.

"Sorry about Taehyung and the whole screaming thing." The one Jihyun remembered as Jin said. He then leaned in and jokingly whispered, "he's kinda crazy." Jihyun giggled and Taehyung over-dramatically fake gasped with a hand over his heart, as if he was hurt by the statement. He looked at Jihyun giggling and his shocked face turned into an adorable rectangle smile.

Jihyun smiled back before turning to Jungkook. "Thanks for introducing me." She smiled and turned to the other boys. "Sorry for interrupting your practice. I can leave now so you can continue." She said and began turning around. 

"Actually," Namjoon began, causing Jihyun to turn back and look at him in surprise. "We're pretty much done for the day and were thinking of going out to eat in celebration of our goodbye stage that's happening tomorrow. Would you like to join us?" He smiled at her, showing off his dimples. 

Jihyun looked around at the other guys who were smiling, some even looking hopeful. She looked back at Namjoon and nodded with a smile. "I would love to join you guys." A few of the boys cheered, including Jungkook who was still standing next to her.

They finished doing a few things before heading out. Taehyung and Hoseok were marching in front chanting, "beef, beef, beef, beef!" while the rest of the group followed, exchanging in conversations. Jihyun was happy to have been accepted by the boys, being able to fit in. She smiled and laughed along with them as they headed out, happy to have earned new friends.

 

A/N: so another kinda short one but I wanted to get it to you guys so you aren't waiting for such a long time. Thanks for reading! Please show love by commenting, subscribing and maybe even upvoting? Thank you! <3