Chapter 8

Is That All You Got?

Jihyun sat on the couch in the BTS dorms with her legs crossed at the ankles resting on the armrest as she flipped through a fashion magezine. 

"JIHYUN, SAVE ME! YOONGI IS TRYING TO KILL ME!" Taehyung yelled as he sprinted into the living room, attempting to jump on the couch to hide behind Jihyun. Jihyun let out a yelp as Taehyung's actions caused her to fall on the floor. She groaned and rubbed her side she fell on. 

"Now I'm going to kill you too!" She yelled playfully as she jumped up from the ground, causing Taehyung to let out a girly scream as he stood on the couch.

Yoongi walked up beside Jihyun and gave her a highfive before they worked to corner their alien friend. After running around for a few minutes, Yoongi ended up holding V down as Jihyun tickled him as he cried for help from s. By this time, the others had already entered the room to see what the comotion was about but none of them made any move to help the poor boy being tortured, instead they laughed at his situation knowing he probably deserved it.

Eventually, Jihyun gave him mercy and backed off. Yoongi released him and Taehyung sprinted out of the room, yelling something about nearly peeing his pants. The two sat on the floor laughing as they watched him leave. 

"What did he do to you, anyway?" Jihyun asked Yoongi once they had calmed down.

"He woke me up." Yoongi simply shrugged, causing Jihyun to laugh more.

Jin walked over and sat on the couch with a sigh. "I don't feel like cooking today, do you kids want to order something for dinner?" He asked them. Everyone let out a chorus of yeses (A/N: evidentally that's the plural for yes, huh, who knew), even Taehyung who was still in the bathroom.

They ordered their food and sat around as they waited for it. Jihyun plopped down next to Jungkook and sighed, closing her eyes as she rested her legs across his lap and rested her back on the arm rest. Jungkook chuckled and glanced at her as he scrolled through his phone. "Something wrong?"

Jihyun opened her eyes and pouted slightly at him. "I've been worried about what the company's decision will be for me... it's been nearly two weeks now with no news." She sighed again and looked at her feet as she bit her lip with worry, a bad habit of hers.

Jungkook gave her a sympathetic smile. "Hey, don't get yourself too worked up about it. They won't leave you hanging, and whatever happens, we'll keep moving from there. No matter what happens, I know that you'll debut one day, whether it's this company or not. You have serious talent. And that's a huge compliment coming from the Golden Maknae himself." Jungkook smirked with his last sentence. Jihyun rolled her eyes and flicked the boy's arm.

There was a knock at the door and Jungkook and Jihyun immediantly stood up. They ran for the door, trying to trip each other up along the way. Jungkook ended up at the door first and opened it for the delivery boy. Jin came to the door and payed as Jihyun and Jungkook brought the food to the table. The members all crowded around before taking their seats.

As they began to dig in Jihyun's phone began to ring. Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion before answering. "Hello?" pause, "yes." pause "Of course, that's no problem." pause "Okay, thank you very much." She hung up and took a deep breath. The boys leaned slightly towards her in anticipation to see what she was going to say.

"The company wants to meet with me tomorrow to discuss what they've decided on me." Jihyun felt a mix of relief that they finally contacted her and terror as she would finally have to face what could be the end of her career at BigHit.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The rest of their dinner went by nearly silent. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts after the phone call Jihyun had recieved. Everyone thought close to the same thing even if no one voiced it. If they had already used the money and the resources to make her MV, why would they would suddenly decide to not debut her? And would they really go so far as to kick her out of the company completely? They were sure that something more was going on behind the whole situation, the only question was what?

The boys invited her to stay the night so that they could all hang out and watch movies together and she happily agreed, anything to keep her mind off of the upcoming meeting. 

They all gathered together on and in front of the couch to watch their movies which mostly consisted of Disney. Jihyun sat on the couch between Jin and Namjoon with Hoseok squeezed in at Jin's other side. The other four sat on the floor in front of them as Yoongi grumbled something about making their elders sit on the ground.

"Get over it, grandpa, we got here first." Jihyun teased as she stuck her tongue out at him. At this, Yoongi reach over and pinch her leg causing her to let out a yelp. "Mom, Yoongi pinched me!" She fake cried as she clinged onto Jin's arm.

Jin snorted at her calling him mom. "Um, excuse you, do these look like the hips of a mother?" 

"Would you guys be quiet?" Namjoon said loudly but was obviously hiding a smile.

"Sorry, dad." Jihyun whispered.

"DAD!?" Namjoon yelled, causing the room to fall into fits of laughter, no one really paying attention to the movie playing on the screen.

Eventually, the chaos died down and everyone sat and enjoyed the movies together. About halfway through the fourth movie, Jihyun fell fast asleep with her head on Namjoon's shoulder as the rest watched on. Namjoon noticed Jihyun sleeping and chuckled a bit. "I'm gonna bring her to a bed so that she can sleep comfortably." He whispered to the rest.

"She can use my bed, hyung." Jimin whispered to Namjoon as he carried Jihyun out of the room. Namjoon layed her on the bottom bunk of the maknae line room where Jimin slept. Tae used the bed above him and Jungkook slept on the bed against the opposite wall.

Eventually all the other boys were ushered off to bed by Jin. Jungkook layed down on his bed and looked over to Jihyun on the bed across from him. He studied her face for a few minutes and eventually fell asleep with a small smile on his face.

 

And there we have it! Thank you all for the comments and welcome new subscribers! Pardon me if there are any typos in this one, I didn't edit at all but I'll try to from now on but it's late and I wanted to get this out as soon as possible. Let me know what you guys think, it will only encourage me to improve and write more! <3