Chapter 12

Is That All You Got?

Jihyun smiled as she watched the boys practicing for their next comeback. While they were dancing, she quietly grabbed their water bottles and went to refill them for the boys before they took another break. She walked down the hallway with her arms full of water bottles until she found a water fountain. As she got to filling, Jihyun noticed music playing somewhere nearby and saw that she was near the recording studios. She brushed it off and continued to refill the bottles until she realized she recognized the song. Freezing, she listened to make sure she was hearing right. She quickly finished filling the last two water bottles before leaving them on the fountain and wandering down the hall, following the music. She found herself in front of a recording room and pressed her ear to the door.

She had been right. The song playing. That was her song.

Jihyun backed away from the door, wishing that there was a window to look through to see who was singing her song. She took a shaky breath and sprinted back down the hall. She scooped up the water bottles as she passed the water fountain and sprinted back to where the boys were practicing their dancing. She bursted through the door just as their song finished.

"Jihyun! You're right on ti-" Jungkook froze mid sentence when he saw the broken look on her face. All the boys turned to look at her as she gently set their water bottles down on the ground. 

"Jihyun... what happened? Are you okay?" Yoongi asked carefully, taking slow steps forward.

Jihyun looked up at him, causing him to inhale a sharp breath as he saw her eyes begin to mist over.

"Wh... why would they.... why would someone be in the recording room.... singing my song..." Jihyun slowly stammered out.

"What do you mean?" Hoseok asked, looking extremely concerned.

"I..." as Jihyun was about to tell them what happened, tears began streaming out of her eyes and she quickly covered her face. Yoongi had been standing in front of her so she blindly walked forward, right into his arms. He hugged her into his chest as he looked back at the other boys with an alarmed look on his face.

Jihyun knew exactly what she had just heard meant. She didn't want to believe it because that truth would hurt too much. As she calmed down she took a step back from Yoongi who let her go, unsure of what else he was supposed to do. Jihyun wiped the tears off of her face and looked at the boys.

"I... I think someone is stealing my song." In the industry, this event wasn't really that serious. Sure, there would be a fight over who it belonged to and who copied who but, most of the time, the artist and company only cared about what they were losing financially when someone stole their song. This, on the other hand, was a very different situation. This was Jihyun's first song. The song she'd spent weeks trying to form. When on a roll, Jihyun would skip entire nights of sleep to work on her music. That song was her creation, the thing she'd put her blood, sweat, and tears (heh) into.

She quickly told the boys the story of how she discovered this and they all were unsure of how to react. They all looked angry, sad, or a mix of the two.

"Well, we... we have to do something! There's gotta be some way to set things right." Hoseok spoke up, breaking the silence. 

"Like what? This is a big, professional company, remember? We're all under a contract with them and there's no way Jihyun would be able to fight them all on her own." Jimin sighed scratching the back of his neck. "I mean, if we did something, BigHit could sue us right back."

"Jimin's right, guys. There's really nothing we can do about it at that level. Maybe... maybe I could talk to whoever was working in that room. They probably all know that it was originally my song, except maybe the singer. Maybe I can convince to not use my song." Jihyun suggested, though she sounded like she didn't even think her idea would work.

Namjoon sighed. "Well. There's not much we can do right now when we're all worked up about it. Let's end practice here and go get ice cream." He suggested, smiling a bit.

Jihyun smiled back at his effort. "That sounds good to me!"

The rest of the boys smiled too and they all began to collect their stuff.

They all headed out and walked a few blocks to a small ice cream shop. After getting their ice creams, they sat down around a table outside under a striped umbrella. Everyone was quiet as they enjoyed their ice cream and thought about what had just happened earlier. All of the boys understood how Jihyun must have felt losing something so important but one person understood it even more than the rest.

Yoongi had seen how hard she worked on writing her music. She had often joined him in his songwriting room and they would both sit in silence working on music unless Jihyun needed help on a part she was working on. Since Yoongi was usually the only one who stayed up as late as she did to work on music, he often had to carry her to a room or to the couch when she fell asleep while working. Yoongi had gotten to see and experience firsthand all that Jihyun went through to write her music, he had seen her improve the more she wrote and he got to see a different side of her through her music. Because of that, Yoongi was almost as heartbroken over her songs being stolen because he knew and could imagine how painful that would be for her.

Yoongi glanced at Jihyun across the table and sighed quietly. Jihyun looked up and caught his gaze, offering him a weak smile.

Yoongi returned the weak smile and they held gazes until Taehyung yelled and pushed Hoseok for stealing a of his ice cream. He quickly moved to protect his ice cream from the other boy and everyone laughed at the scene. Yoongi casted a quick glance back over to Jihyun who was laughing as Taehyung and Hoseok continued to bickering back and forth. Yoongi swiftly shook his head and joined with the rest looking and laughing at the two bickering children.

Why the heck was his heart beating so weird?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, another short chapter but this time it actually has important stuff in it! Yes, I'm starting to steer the path towards a romance between Jihyun and Yoongi but keep still vote because things can change quickly! But really, how cute would Yoongi and Jihyun be together? Also, what are your thoughts on Jihyun's song being stolen? Did you see it coming? Was her reaction what you would have expected? How do you think it will get resolved? Hopefully I'll be updating again soon but I do go back to school tomorrow so we'll have to see how often I can. Anyways, thanks for the support and I'll see you guys in the next chapter!