Chapter 11

Is That All You Got?

I'm back! Sorry about the little break, things were crazy at my house for Christmas and New Years. Hope you all had a great holiday and I hope you all have strength as school starts back up. Anyway, on with the chapter!

Jihyun let out a slow sigh as she began to wake up. She peaked her eyes open and was completely unsure of where she was for a moment as she lifted her head and looked around a bit. Suddenly, memories of the day before flooded back to her and she sighed, dropping her head back onto the pillow and re-closing her eyes. She figured she must've fallen asleep before the boys had arrived at the restaurant the night before. Finally, after remembering and processing everything that had happened, Jihyun reopened her eyes and looked around again. This time she noticed Taehyung asleep on the top bunk and Jimin on the bottom bunk of the bed on the other side of the room from her. She realized that Jungkook had given up his bed for her and immediately felt bad.

Jihyun slowly sat up and snuck out of the room as to not wake the boys. When she got to the living room, she saw Jungkook sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone but it didn't seem like anyone else was awake yet. He glanced up and smiled at Jihyun as she walked in. "Morning. Are you feeling any better?" He asked, moving his legs so that she had room to sit.

She smiled a bit and sat down facing him. "Yeah, I guess... just disappointed, you know? I really thought I was going to debut..." She sighed and looked at her lap. "Oh, and thank you for giving up your bed to let me sleep in, sorry I'm so high-maintenance."

Jungkook snorted. "Why would that be a problem? You're one of my best friends ever and you just got some pretty terrible news, letting you have my bed for a night was the least I could do." He shrugged.

"Aww look at our little chivalrous Kookie." Jihyun a bit, earning a playful glare from the boy as he tried to hide a smile.

Jihyun sighed and leaned her head on the back of the couch as she thought about what she was supposed to do next. Becoming an idol was all she'd ever wanted to do but, right when the opportunity was just in her grasps, it was ripped away before she could do anything about it.

Jungkook looked at her with a conflicted expression on his face. ''Gosh, I wish we could all hang out together today. You shouldn't have to be alone but we have practice." He thought for a minute. "Maybe I should skip just this once? I'll probably get into a little bit of trouble but it'd be totally worth it." 

"No, no, you don't have to do that. You need to prepare for your comeback, you shouldn't be worrying about me. I'll find something to do. I don't think Mary has practice today and I've probably worried her half to death at this point so I'll just hang out with her." Jihyun smiled at Jungkook reassuringly. 

Jungkook sighed. "Fine. But if I find out from Mary that you guys didn't hang out and that you just stayed here sulking, I'm going to have to have a word with you." He warned, half joking, half serious.

Jihyun smiled at him and nodded. "Fair enough. Here, I'll text her right now." Jihyun pulled out her phone and sent Mary a quick text, seeing if she wanted to hang out. Jungkook gave a content smile as the rest of the boys began to wake up and come out of their rooms, sitting in the floor in front of the TV or at the table to talk and wait for breakfast. Namjoon yawned, dragging his feet across the floor as he dropped onto the couch on Jihyun's other side. Jihyun took advantage of this and rested her head on his lap with her feet in Jungkook's lap.

"Why do I always get the feet?" He whined. 

Jihyun stuck her tongue out at him but spun around anyway so that her head was now on his lap and her feet on Namjoon's. "There, is that better, you big baby?"

Jungkook smiled triumphantly. "Much." He said before returning to scrolling through his phone. He began to subconsciously play with Jihyun's hair as he did so which made Jihyun smile and close her eyes.

"Ew, you guys are gross." Namjoon crinkled his nose, lifting her legs, getting up, and putting them down on the couch. He then followed Jin, who had just gotten up, into the kitchen.

Both Jihyun and Jungkook snickered at him. "There's no way Jin is going to let him stay in there for long while he's cooking." Jihyun laughed a bit, imagining the destruction that would ensue if he did. Sure enough, Jin kicked Namjoon out of the kitchen soon after a loud clank could be heard throughout the dorm.

Jihyun checked her phone as it buzzed with a text from Mary. 

Mary: I'd love to hang out! Maybe you can meet my members too since we're all off today!

Jihyun: Sounds great! Let's all meet at our usual cafe around 9?

Mary: Sounds good! See you then.

Jihyun looked at the clock. At that time, it was 7:45 so Jihyun decided to go ahead and head to her dorm to get ready. She sat up and Jungkook looked at her questioningly. "I'm heading to my dorm to get ready to hang out with Mary and the rest of her group. Let mom know that I'm having breakfast with them at a cafe so you guys don't have to wait for me."

Jungkook snorted at Jihyun calling Jin mom again. "Okay, have fun!" He smiled. Jihyun returned the smile and waved as she left. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jihyun sat at a table in the cafe, playing on her phone as she waited for Mary and her other group members to come. She heard the jingle of bells at the door and looked up as a group of five girls entered. She recognized Mary and waved with a smile as they spotted each other. Mary waved back and led her friends over to the table. Jihyun stood up and gave Mary a hug. "It's been too long since we've hung out!" She complained, letting go of her friend.

"I know! Schedules are so crazy right now, we're lucky we have time to breathe every once in awhile." Mary sighed as they all sat down. "Jihyun, this is Minhee, Soyoon, Nari, and Aejeong." She gestured to the different girls as she named them. They all smiled at her.

"It's nice to finally meet you guys!" Jihyun grinned at them. She had been a little nervous to meet them, afraid of whether or not they would like her. It turned out that she was ridiculous for worrying as chatting and joking around came easy between the six girls. They talked about trainee life, what they were like before entering BigHit, what their dreams were, and more.

"I'm so excited to debut, it's going to be amazing!" Nari grinned but the grin quickly fell when she realized what she said. "I-I-I mean, it's- well.." She stammered, hoping she hadn't stuck a nerve with Jihyun but Jihyun smiled at her.

"Don't worry, I'm not upset. You have every right to be excited about debuting soon. I'm really happy for you guys, actually!" They all grinned at each other. Sure, Jihyun was disappointed and upset but she had already gotten most of her emotions out when she realized she wasn't debuting and then again when she broke down while talking to Namjoon on the phone. Either way, she didn't want the other girls to tiptoe around her, afraid of setting her off. That would have just made Jihyun feel worse about the situation. So the girls talked, drank coffee, and laughed for a couple hours. Finally, Jihyun looked at her phone and saw that it was already noon. "I should probably head out. I texted the boys and told them I would have lunch with them at 12:30." She said as she began to stand up.

"Okay, we'll have to hang out again soon because this was a lot of fun!" Soyoon grinned.

"Definitely! I'll talk to you guys later!" Jihyun called as she left. Luckily, she had thought of exchanging numbers with them earlier so she didn't have to worry about it as she was leaving.

Jihyun stopped by a convenience store, bought some food to eat with the boys, and then headed to the company building. She texted Jungkook to let him know she was almost there so that he could meet her and let her in. She didn't want to have to worry about getting stopped by security since she was no longer a trainee.

She made it to the building, meeting up with Jungkook and heading to their dance practice room. She was met with cheers of greeting as she walked in (probably because she had food) and they sat on the floor and ate together.

 

So that's all for now! This was mainly a filler chapter but I also really wanted Jihyun to meet the other members of Mary's group because I felt like she needed some more female friends. Anyway, I'll work on writing some more soon! I'll also probably make a poll soon so you guys can vote for who you want her to end up with. If you want me to write in any ships as well, let me know and I'll see what I can do! <3