Chapter 13

Is That All You Got?

Jihyun sat stretched across the couch in the boys dorm, eating popcorn and watching a drama on the TV. Only two days before, the company kicked her out of her dorm and she had yet to tell her mom about not debuting so staying with the boys seemed like the obvious answer, especially since that's what had usually happened anyway. 

"Of course he likes you! How could you possibly be so dense!?" Jihyun yelled at the TV, throwing a piece of popcorn at the screen.

The boys were practicing at the company so Jihyun didn't really care if she was being loud. Suddenly her phone rang so she quickly paused her show and checked to see who it was. When she saw the name, she took a deep breath before answering.

"Hi mom!" Jihyun said, sounding cheerful.

"Jihyun! It's been awhile since we talk! I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Jihyun's mom asked.

"No, no, it's fine, I'm at home right now." Jihyun assured her, readjusting herself on the couch so that she was sitting upright.

"Oh, that's a relief. Anyway, how's everything going? Is training going well? How are your friends doing?" Jihyun's mom new about her being friends with the BTS boys and, after she watched some of their videos, she even became a bit of a fangirl.

"It's going great! Everyone here is so nice. And the boys are doing fine. They're all at practice right now so I haven't seen them much today."

"Oh, that's a shame, I was hoping to say high." Jihyun's mom actually sounded pretty disappointed, making Jihyun laugh a bit.

"I'll be sure to tell them you called. We really have to all get together some time so that you can finally meet them. Their schedules are just so busy all the time, it's hard to find enough free time to hang out."

"I'm sure that's hard. How about Mary and her groupmates? Are you all still getting along well?" 

"Yeah! We've all hung out together a few times now. They're all a lot of fun." Jihyun and her mom continued to chat for quite a while before her mom had to go and get back to work. After they said their goodbyes, Jihyun sighed and layed back down on the couch. She felt bad lying to her mom about training. She just knew that she didn't want her mom to worry because she was going to figure out a way to fix things and everything would be back to normal.

"We're home!!" Taehyung yelled, skipping into the room.

"Hey, Jihyun!" A couple of them chorused out.

"Hey guys, how did practice go?" Jihyun smiled at them as they came in, moving to make room for them on the couch.

"It was pretty good but really tiring." Jungkook said, plopping down next to Jihyun and leaning his head on her shoulder.

"Ew, you're really sweaty, go take a shower." Jihyun said, scrunching up her face and pushing his head off of her. 

Jungkook laughed and stood up, sticking his tongue out at Jihyun before heading to the bathroom.

Jin shook his head at the younger. "I tried to tell him to shower off at the company before coming home but he just wouldn't listen."

"But I did shower." Hoseok said, wiggling his eyebrows at Jihyun as he sat down next to her and rested his head on her shoulder. Jihyun laughed at him. She had found out a long time ago that he and Jimin were the flirtiest of the boys, especially after practice when they were still high on the adrenaline from dancing.

Yoongi silently rolled his eyes at the scene and stalked into the kitchen to get a snack. He didn't exactly know what annoyed him so much about Jungkook and Hoseok being so close and flirty with Jihyun but it just bothered him for some reason. He realized that he was probably being ridiculous and shook his head, attempting to rid himself of those thoughts. He sighed, grabbing a small bag of chips and heading back into the living room. All the guys had gone off to get changed or do their own thing, leaving only Jihyun in the living room watching her drama. Yoongi took a deep breath before fully entering the room and sitting down next to Jihyun. "What are you watching?" He asked her.

"Weight Lifting Princess Kim Bok Joo. It's super funny." Jihyun grinned as she glanced over at Yoongi. "Ooo, can I have one?" She asked, eyeing his chips.

"But you already have popcorn." He frowned, shielding his chips from her gaze.

"But now I want a chip." She smiled innocently, doing her best to do subtle aegyo so that he would give her a chip.

Yoongi sighed in defeat. "Fine. But only one." He said offering her a chip.

Jihyun cheered and took the chip before tossing it into . "Mmmm, that was good." She sighed with a content smile.

Yoongi chuckled, his cheeks feeling a bit warm so he immediately turned his attention to the screen.

"I have decided!" Namjoon announced as he walked out of his room and into the living room. The others heard and joined them in the living room. "Since we recently finished with promotions, I suggest that we request a break for a week or two so that we can all go to a resort! I know a guy who knows a guy who can get us into a pretty nice one for a good price. It's also pretty out of the way so there shouldn't be many fans or press to bother us. What do you guys say?" Everyone cheered at his idea, excited to have some time to just relax and hang out together.

"Can I invite Mary? Her entire group is on break for a little while but everyone has gone back to see their families except for her since her family is in America." Jihyun asked, knowing her friend was probably having a hard time away from her family.

"Of course! We'd love to have her join us!" Namjoon smiled. "So, I'll call our manager and see if he can make some arrangements. We'll see if we can get two weeks but we may have to settle with just one." Everyone cheered again in response. It didn't really matter how long they got, a break was a break and the boys were happy to finally be getting one.

Namjoon headed out of the room to make the phone call and the rest of them began to chatter with excitement at the possibility of a break.

Namjoon soon returned. "And now we wait. He's going to talk to Bang PD and see what he can do." 

"Well, I vote we order something to eat while we wait." Jimin piped up. A few voiced their agreement and the rest nodded.

"I'll order!" Jin said, grabbing his phone and stepping out of the room where it was less loud.

Jihyun decided to turn off her show for now since everyone was in the living room then and she couldn't really hear it anyway. She sighed and rested her head on Yoongi's shoulder. "I'm sleepy.." She mumbled.

Yoongi's heart began to beat a little quicker and his cheeks began to feel warm again. After a minute, Hoseok walked up to them. "Jihyun, dear, I'm sorry to steal your pillow but I have to borrow Yoongi for a moment." He said with a smile. Jihyun obliged and freed Yoongi, laying down on the couch after he stood up. Hoseok led him into the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet and got himself some water, still not saying a word about why he needed Yoongi. When he was done, he turned and leaned against the counter, fixing a teasing gaze on Yoongi.

"What..?" Yoongi asked apprehensively, suddenly a bit weirded out by the younger's actions.

"Oh.. I couldn't help but notice.." Hoseok began feigning innocence as he ran his fingers around the rim of his glass. "That somebody seemed a bit flustered when Jihyun leaned her head on his shoulder. Now, I know that this isn't an unusual thing for her to do so one can only wonder why said guy would get so flustered over something so minor." Hoseok shrugged.

Yoongi looked at him confused. "What are you even talking about right now?"

Hoseok laughed a bit, stepping forward and resting a hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "Well, if you don't realize now, you should probably figure it out soon. Jihyun's a very pretty girl and could be swept up by someone at any moment." His words didn't sound threatening as if he were referring to himself but it definitely sounded like he knew something. Hoseok gave Yoongi's shoulder one final pat before walking past him, back out to the living room.

"That was weird..." Yoongi mumbled to himself, trying to decipher the younger boy's words. He didn't have much time to think about it, though, as he heard Jin yell, "Dinner's here!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry about the wait, I've had a crazy first week back to school and didn't have much time or motivation to write. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it was a lot of fun to write! Let me know what you think in the comments! Please subscribe and comment because it does a lot to boost my motivation! Anyway, thank you guys again for all the support and I'll hopefully write some more soon!