Chapter 1

Is That All You Got?

A/N: Okay so, when I started this I didn't realize that Jihyun is a member of 4Minute so I apologize for any confusion. This Jihyun is 100% my own OC.

 

Jihyun sighed in frustration as she stared at her stuffed-full suitcase. She'd tried everything but couldn't get the stupid thing to close. She was about to try one last time when she heard a knock at her door. Jihyun turned around and saw her mom peeking through the door at her. She smiled and waved her mom in. 

"How's the packing going?" Her mom asked as she strolled into the room. Jihyun simply pouted at her and then looked back at the overflowing case. "Not well, I guess." Her mom giggled. Jihyun cracked a smile.

"I can't get the thing to close." She sighed again as she motioned towards it as it sat on her bed, taunting her.

"You sit on it and I'll zip it closed." Her mom ordered and Jihyun smiled, giving a quick nod before jumping on top of the suit case, pushing it down with as much weight as she could manage. Her mom grabbed the zipper and fought the case to close it. Finally, the zipper gave up and it slid around the suitcase, closing it. Jihyun and her mom highfived as she hopped off the bed. Jihyun sighed and looked at her suitcase before looking back up at her mom. She pulled her mom into a tight embrace which her mom returned.

Neither of them could believe that Jihyun was actually moving out of her house and into the BigHit dorms today and it was a bit scary for both of them. Jihyun was 16 but knew that it would probably be a few years before she was able to debut so she had to spend most of her time training and wouldn't be able to see her mom very often. It would be hard but they both knew that it would be worth it. Jihyun was following her dreams.

About an hour after finishing packing, Jihyun and her mom got in the car and made their way to the BigHit building, talking and singing at the tops of their lungs along the way. Making the most of this time they had together. 

"Don't forget to brush your teeth. And try to shower every night. If you don't have time to shower at night, do it in the morning. Oh, and make sure you're ice to everyone. You want to make a good impression, especially on your seniors. And have fun! Don't get too caught up in the celebrity life. An-"

Jihyun cut her mom off with a smile, "I know, mom. I'll be sure to take good care of myself, but you have to promise me that you will too."

Jihyun's mom smiled at her daughter with tears in her eyes before pulling her into a hug and nodded. "I promise I will, honey. Don't wear yourself out and don't waste your time worrying about me. Okay?" Jihyun nodded, she also had tears in her eyes.

Finally, they released each other and Jihyun grabbed her bags with the help of another trainee who lived in the building. Jihyun waved to her mom as she left and sighed. She then turned to the trainee helping her. "Hey, thanks for the help." She then stuck out her hand, "Kim Jihyun." She introduced her self.

"Jeon Jungkook." The boy replied with a smile as he shook her hand. 

Jihyun then grabbed her suitcase and began to pull in towards the dorms. "It's nice to meet you. How long have you been a trainee?" She asked him as they walked.

"Since I was in 8th grade, so almost a year now. I should be debuting soon though." He replied with a smile.

Jihyun gave him a surprised look. "Already? You must be super talented!" She said, slightly amazed.

Jungkook blushed and smiled shyly. "I'm not that good." He shrugged.

Jihyun shook her head. "I doubt that." She commented as she pressed the elevator button. The doors opened and they got on, Jihyun pressed the third floor and they waited. 

"So, are you gonna be solo or in a band?" Jungkook asked her as they went up.

"Not sure, I would be okay with either though. Just as long as I get to debut." Jihyun smiled. "What about you, are you in a group?"

Jungkook nodded, "yeah, I'm the maknae. All of the older members are very kind though."

Jihyun smiled at the last part. "That's good."

Finally, they made it to the third floor and headed down the hall. "Wait, you know my age, how old are you?" Jungkook asked as they walked.

"I'm 16." She told him. "That makes me your noona, right?" She asked with a laugh.

Jungkook sighed. "Yeah, you are. But only by a little bit!" He cracked a small smile as well. "I guess I'm forever the maknae."

They made it to Jihyun's room and bowed to each other. "Thanks again, it was nice meeting you." Jihyun smiled.

"It was nice meeting you too. I hope you get to debut soon!" Jungkook smiled and waved to her as he jogged back down the hall.

Jihyun pulled all her bags into the room and sighed as she saw how small it was. She then noticed that there was no bed, only a mat on the floor. She sighed with an exhausted smile on her face. "Home sweet home." She muttered to herself before pushing her bags into the corner of the room and laying down on her mat on the floor. "Stay strong, Kim Jihyun. Soon you'll debut, become the hottest idol in all of Korea, and have enough money to buy a mansion for both you and your mom." She encouraged herself even though it was a slim chance that that would ever happen, no matter how long she's in the buisness. But no matter, she was still going to try her hardest to debut. "You got this, Kim Jihyun."

 

Today Jihyun would finally visit the company building for the first time. She got ready and dressed in shorts, a simple black and white t-shirt, and a black snapback before heading out the door, grabbing her small backpack on the way. The BigHit building was only two blocks away so Jihyun headed there on foot. Soon, she made it to the building and headed inside. She looked around the large room with a smile on her face. She finally made it. 

"Miss Kim!" She heard someone call to her. She turned her head and spotted Park Youngsuk, one of the judges from her audition. She turned all the way around and bowed in greeting as he approached her. "Hello, Mr.Park." Youngsuk smiled when he reached her. He was rather young, Jihyun guessed around 22, and quite attractive. He could have easily passed as an idol himself. He laughed when he heard her call him Mr. Park. "Please, just call me Youngsuk. Being called Mr.Park makes me feel old."

Jihyun chuckled and nodded. "Okay, Youngsuk-shi. But only if you call me Jihyun instead of Miss Kim."

Youngsuk smiled at her request and nodded. "Of course." He then remembered why he had come over to her. "Oh, right! I'm here to bring you to your meeting with the CEO. And I would also like to inform you that I am to be your manager from now until you request to get rid of me." He bowed to Jihyun and she smiled. It was nice that her manager was someone she had already met. "Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to your meeting." Jihyun nodded and followed him through the building. He lead her up to the fourth floor and down a hallway to the CEO's office.

Youngsuk knocked on the door which was replied to by a muffled "come in". Youngsuk opened the door for Jihyun before walking in after her. The CEO, Bang Sihyuk sat at his desk and greeted the two as they entered. Youngsuk and Jihyun bowed respectfully when they entered. "Hello," they greeted him. He smiled at the two, "It's good to finally get to meet you, Miss Kim." 

Jihyun smiled bowed again. "And you, Mr. Bang." 

"Please, take a seat." Sihyuk motioned to the seats in front of his desk. Jihyun and Youngsuk obeyed and sat. "So, today we're here to plan your future with the company." Jihyun nodded, getting more and more nervous by the second. "How old are you now, 16?"

Jihyun nodded. "Yes,"

"Good, good. You're still young. Now, based on what I've heard, if you train hard enough we could have you debuted in about a year and a half. How does that sound?" Sihyuk smiled at her, knowing that this was good news.

Jihyun's eyes widened in shock and all she could do for a moment is nod her head. "Th-that sounds amazing. I never imagined that it would be that soon." She told him as she tried to make sense of the whole thing in her head. Did they really think that she was that good? How is that even possible? Will she really be ready?

"Good. We're hoping to debut you as a solo artist. If you're matched with a group, they could just drag you down so we decided that solo would probably be the best route. Is that okay with you?" Sihyuk asked her as he straightened some paper on his desk.

Jihyun could only nod. Sihyuk smiled. "Then you're ready to start training! Youngsuk will take you down to the practice rooms and you can begin. We have teachers and trainers there already waiting for you."

Jihyun stood up and bowed deeply. "Ne, thank you so much, sir." Youngsuk joined her in bowing before leading her out of the room.

Once they were out of the room and the door closed, Jihyun couldn't help but jump and quietly cheer because of the news she had just heard. She may be able to debut way sooner than she had ever expected! Youngsuk chuckled at her actions.

"Come on, let's head over to start your training." He said with a smile. Jihyun stopped and looked at him before nodding in agreement with a huge smile.

She was going to work as hard as it takes. Nothing was going to stop her.

 

A/N: So here's the first chapter! Now, I know nothing about the BigHit building or some of the details of being a trainee but I did my best so please exuse any mistakes! If you would be kind enough, you can correct any mistakes I make and I'll be sure to take them into consideration and hopefulling it will help my writing improve! Thanks for all the views already and my first subscriber ever!! Please show love by subscribing, commenting, and upvoting! <3