18.

High School Dinner and Dance

 

Soon, Sunny reached home with her whole body soaked wet from the rain.

“Umma! I’m home!” Sunny called as she entered her house.

“Soonkyu ah~ Why are you so wet?” her mum asked, “Didn’t you bring an umbrella?”

“No, I didn’t, mum. Sorry.” Sunny said.

“Hurry off and dry yourself.” Her mum ushered her to the bathroom.

“Ok!” Sunny hurried into the bathroom and got changed.

 

“Sungmin, I still can’t believe you agreed to take her to the prom!” Eunhyuk said while they were at his dance studio.

“Are you even your right mind?” Kyuhyun asked, “Hello? It’s Hara. Go. Ha. Ra.” He reminded.

“I know whatam doing.” Sungmin told them.

“We are sorry…” the girls said to Sungmin.

Curious, the guys turned around and look at them.

“For?” Sungmin asked puzzled.

“If Sunny didn’t left… you wouldn’t be like this…” Taeyeon said sadly and the rest of the girls started to tear up.

“I’m really fine…” Sungmin told the girls. “You are the ones who are hurt the most.” He continued.

“but…” Tiffany said, sobbing.

“Fany…” Siwon went over and hugged her.

“Siwon… I’m really sorry.” Tiffany whispered in his arms.

“It’s not your fault, baby.” Siwon said and patted Tiffany’s head.

“But, Sungmin is really hurt isn’t he?” Tiffany cried even harder.

Siwon’s shirt started to become wet.

“Hush, hush, Tiffany.” Siwon reassured her, “It’s not your fault, ok? Look up at me…”

Tiffany looked up and her eyes were red and swollen. Siwon wiped away the tears on Tiffany’s eyes.

“Don’t cry anymore, you don’t look beautiful when you cry” Siwon teased.

“Haha.” Tiffany laughed. “I won’t.” and she dried her tears.

 

“Here, taengoo.” Leetuek passed Taeyeon a piece of tissue.

“I’m really sorry, Leetuek.” Taeyeon cried and said.

Leetuek felt hurt. He didn’t want Taeyeon to feel sad but didn’t know how to cheer her up.

“Taengoo… It’s nobody’s fault. You should take the blame. You and the girls are hurt too…” Leetuek told her. “You all aren’t the ones who should be apologising…”

“But… Sungmin was hurt by Sunny, our… best friend…” Taeyeon told him.

“Kim Taeyeon, it is not your fault that Sungmin was hurt. It was Sunny. She left him without a reason. I’m not blaming her but you all should take the blame for this mess. If you really want to fell better, we should find out why Sunny left us in the first place.” Leetuek said in one breathe.

Taeyeon stop sobbing and tried to digest Leetuek’s words. “Find out why…” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Yes! THAT’S IT! WE SHOULD FIND OUT WHY!” Taeyeon shouted.

The rest of the group looked at her, puzzled.

“Taeyeon unnie, are you ok?” Yoona asked worriedly.

“I’m fine!” Taeyeon said. “Opps, was I too loud?” Taeyeon asked.

“YES!” the group laughed.

“Sorry!” Taeyeon blushed.

“Thanks tuekie.” Taeyeon whispered.

“You’re welcome.” Leetuek told her. “I want you to be happy. When you’re happy, I’ll be happy. If you’re sad, I’ll be sad.”

“Aish, too mushy!” Taeyeon said and hit Leetuek’s arm.

 

Donghae and Jessica walked to a corner together.

“That dorky girl.” Jessica said.

“What’s with her?” Donghae asked.

“Being a dork.” Jessica answered and laughed.

Donghae laughed along and said, “So… are you planning to forgive Sunny?”

“Hae, I thought we promised not to talk about that girl anymore?” Jessica asked in an angry tone.

“I know… But I know you still see her as your best friend and sister. And you see, Sungmin still isn’t really getting over Sunny, he’s just pretending.” Donghae explained.

“She shouldn’t be forgiven…” Jessica said coldy.

“My ice princess, stop being so cold… Remember what she did this afternoon?” Donghae questioned.

“Yes, those 3 girls seemed afraid of her…” Jessica answered.

“I guessing there’s something fishy about them.” Donghae told her.

“Fishy? What about you?” Jessica teased even though she understood him.

“Me? Nothing.” Donghae shook his head.

“HAHA! You can’t catch the joke, my fish prince!” Jessica laughed.

“But I can catch you, Jessica!” Donghae caught her and kiss her on the forehead.

“I should discuss with the girls later on…” Jessica thought.

 

“I hope my unnies are alright… especially Sunny unnie… She ran in the rain…” Seohyun thought.

“What are you thinking?” Kyuhyun walked over and asked.

“Hmm… nothing…” Seohyun shook her head and answered.

“You seemed troubled.” Kyuhyun said.

“Well, I’m worried for my unnies…” Soehyun told him.

“I know… I’m worried for hyungs too. Especially Sungmin hyung. I don’t know what he is thinking about at all.” Kyuhyun said.

“Oppa, let’s do something about it, shall we?” Seohyun asked.

“Ok. What do you want to do?” Kyuhyun nodded.

“Hmm… let’s see…” Seohyun said.

 

“Ahh choo!” Sunny sneezed.

“Ahhhhh chooo!” Sunny sneezed for the second time.

“Soonkyu ah~” her mother called.

“Umma?” Sunny asked.

“Here, have some hot tea, my dear.” Her mother told her.

“Thanks umma.” Sunny smiled.

“Look at you, you having a flu already.” Her mother said.

“I’m fine, umma. I’ll be fine after taking some rest.” Sunny reassured.

“Ok… you looked really tired. Anything you want to tell Umma?” her mother asked.

“Umma…” Sunny began to tear up…

“Silly girl, what happen? Just tell umma everything ok?” her mother said and patted her on the back.

“Ummaaa…” Sunny cried and slowly told her the whole story.

After Sunny telling the whole story to her mother, she was still crying.

“My dear girl, you should tell you friends the truth.” Her mother said.

“But, I can’t tell them. I need to protect them.” Sunny said.

“You protect them by letting them hate you?” her mother asked.

“Umma, but…” Sunny said and was cut off by her mother.

“Soonkyu ah, your friends need to know the truth and make decisions themselves. You should make decisions for them. You are a team, a group. You need to face this together.” Her mother explained.

“Umma…” Sunny said.

“I’ll leave you alone. Go and think about it. And if you aren’t well, don’t go to school tomorrow. Have a good rest, my girl.” Her mother said while leaving her room.

“Thanks umma, I love you and good night. Have a good rest too.” Sunny said.

“Should I tell them?” Sunny thought and fell asleep.

 

“It’s late; let’s head home since we are not really practicing anyway.” Sooyoung said.

“I agree. I feel like sleeping already. But it’s only 8pm!” Hyoyeon said.

“We’ll drive you home then, since it’s late and dangerous for you girls.” Yesung said.

“Before we go, I want to tell you something…” Taeyeon said.

“What is it?” they asked.

“Let’s talk to Sunny tomorrow. About everything that had happen this few days. We need an explanation.” Taeyeon stated.

“I agree!” Leetuek stood up and said.

“Me too.” Tiffany said and the rest of the girls nodded.

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked.

“Sica…” Donghae tried to convince her.

“Ok. Set then. We’ll just look for her tomorrow.” Sungmin, who have been quiet, suddenly spoke up.

“It’s settled then?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Decision made. No one’s backing out tomorrow.” Seohyun added.

“Let’s head home now!” Yuri said tiredly.

They cleared the dance studio and the guys drove the girls back to the apartment and then headed back to theirs. 

 


A/N: Sorry for not updating for the past few days. I'm back. with another chapter. :) Will update Be My Baby tmr since it's already quite late and im feeling tired. Thanks for all your comments and subscriptions. i'm really thankful. kamsahamida! Do the usual drills again; comment and subscribe!