Chapter 2: Baekhyun

The Second Time Around

 

 

 

    The audience and the stars gave the kpop group, Red Velvet, a round of applause. They were really great at performing at the Baeksang awards. As the applause stopped, Manager Kim noticed that Chanyeol was only staring from a afar and he didn't move for several minutes. It seemed that his mind was travelling in other dimensions so his manager snapped him out of his thoughts. Chanyeol seemed to be startled but he didn't show it. He acted coolly like nothing happened to him. "You're still thinking about what happened?"

 

 

 


Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he looked at the stage. The actor looked serious once again and he never smiled for the rest of awards night. "No."

 

 

 


Joonmyeon seemed to be fine when he heard that Chanyeol answered him politely. Chanyeol saw the boy he met earlier as he was speaking again on the podium beside a senior variety host. He doesn't seem to be nervous as he spoke clearly and confidently. He thought that this kid would destroy the whole awards night since just an hour ago, he was nervous. But, still, he was trying to remember this small boy on the stage. He seemed to know him but he didn't know where they met.

 

 

 


"The winner of the Most Popular Actor for television is..." The little boy removed the paper inside the envelope that contained the name of the winner. He put the empty envelope aside and shouted out the winner for this category. He smiled as he blurted out the name.

 

 

 


"Kai!" The fans from the upper box cheered for their man as he stood up and got his award. Banners and lightsticks were the highlight from the audience's place. Jongin felt grateful for his fans who supported him as an actor. He waved at them and gave them an energetic dance with an aegyo at the end. 

 

 

 


"Thank you my darlings and all of you supporting me in my acting career. I'll promise to put more effort in my next projects and make it much better so I will never fail you. Never stop believing. Aim high! And for the one who really loves me and supported for 3 years, you know who you are, I love you. Let's have dinner this weekend. I'm excited to introduce you in the world. Thank you." The fans shouted for having a clue that Kai was in a relationship for 3 years. Some were happy and the others were sad but they would like to support Kai forever.

 

 

 


After several awards from movies and television, now, the main awards were about to be called in. Everyone in the hall anticipated for the recipients for best actress, best actor, and the grand award. But before announcing the grand awards, Kai had an energetic performance in the stage. While performing, Kai was showing some affection on Chanyeol and the actor couldn't help but look at him. He thought that he was really gross in the stage but a lot of fans liked it. 

 

 

 


He finished performing on-stage as the little boy and his senior host came back on the podium. Finally, they announced the nominees for the best actress award for television. The nominees flashed on the big screen while Chanyeol couldn't help looking at the little boy. He's been staring at that kid for several minutes. He didn't even clapped when the best actress awardee was called. He didn't even know why. He wasn't usually like that. This was the first time he was lost in thoughts during an awards night.

 

 

 


"The winner for the best actor award is..... This is the first time that we are going to have a back-to-back best actor. Park Chanyeol!" Chanyeol was shocked when he saw that the little boy casting his name on the microphone. His world went slow as he saw the little boy smile after speaking his name out.

 

 

 


"Park Chanyeol, you won again!" Manager Kim shook him to wake him up into the reality. He won once again and it was unbelievable. He was the first back-to-back best actor awardee. So, he stood up calmly as his fans cheered for him since they were very proud for their actor to win this award once again. The award was handed to him and he bowed. Chanyeol let the fans cheer for him as he smiled brightly and waved at them. 

 

 

 


"This is really amazing. Thank you for all the support and love you've given me. To my sister, thank you. To my manager and my agency, thank you. To..." Chanyeol glanced on the little boy he saw at the restroom. He couldn't remove his eyes from the smiling boy. He didn't know what he was doing, he was just wondering why he felt like they met before. Everyone was waiting for his speech but, he was completely numb on looking at the boy. The little boy was looking at him also but, there was a sudden flash of other male's face in his memory. Even Chanyeol, he saw also other's face as he stared at the little boy for too long. They were both startled on what happened. 

 

 

 


"Uhhh. Thank you! I love you all. This is all for you." Another warm of applause was heard in the whole hall as he walked downstairs. As he went away from the stage, Chanyeol and the little boy glanced at each other once again and they both gave each other a questioning and confused. They didn't know what just happened between them but the little boy broke their look at each other and continued doing his work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Chanyeol was waiting inside their car because his manager was taking care of the talks with other managers. He was with his assistant, Sehun, inside the car, who was playing with his phone while Chanyeol was staring outside. Chanyeol wasn't used to talk first with his people but this time he did. "Sehun."

 

 

 


Sehun stopped playing with his phone and turned all his attention to Chanyeol. He felt nervous but he wondered why Chanyeol called him all of a sudden. For him, it was a rare event with him working for Chanyeol for years now. "Yes?"

 

 

 


Chanyeol stared at him seriously and Sehun was startled with his stare even though he wore shades inside his car. Chanyeol didn't want people to know if he was staring at them or not. For him, staring at people was really irritating but everything changed when he met the little kid on the awarding ceremony. "Did you know who that MC is?"

 

 

 


"Shin Dongyeop?" Sehun gave him a questioning look at Chanyeol but the actor shook his head.

 

 

 


"Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol leaned closely to his assistant upon hearing that name for the first time. He didn't know who he was or where he came from. He thought that he must be the one who was nervous for MCing the awards ceremony and the one he stared at for a long time.

 

 

 


"Who's Byun..." Sehun interrupted Chanyeol's question towards the kid he knew for the first time. 

 

 

 


"How come you didn’t know him? His name was introduced before the awarding started." As he spoke, he noticed that Chanyeol removed his shades and stared at him really bad. He felt scared so, he sat back into his seat properly. He stopped talking while Chanyeol asked him once again.

 

 

 


"Who is he?"

 

 

 


"He's the rookie dj on the radio and a lot of people loves him. He even had a portion where he could interact with his fans. He also had portion that he could give tips on people's problems and that's why he became popular." Chanyeol understood why that kid felt nervous speaking in front of them since he was used to talk behind people’s faces. But for him, he realized that the kid did a great job on hosting the Baeksang awards this year. Suddenly, Manager Kim got inside the car and started the engine to get Chanyeol home.

 

 

 


"Chanyeol, the agency told me that they already got a male housemaid. He's waiting in your house now. Treat him properly." Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he put his shades on once again. He looked away on the window as they drove home. He engraved the name 'Byun Baekhyun' in his head and tried to remember his name in his memories. He thought that he wouldn't act weirdly on that kid if they didn't know each other. He began tapping his fingers on the edge of window as he tried to recall everything in his past.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Baekhyun was shaking hands with the staff of the awarding ceremony for doing a great job on hosting the event. Even his senior, Shin Dongyeop, was amazed with his hosting skills. The senior said that Baekhyun could get offers because he was really good but he had a fear facing a lot of people. He overcame it on the awards but how about if he hosted a regular show that the whole nation might watch? As he faced the mirror, he sighed deeply for putting a lot of pressure on himself. 

 

 

 


Suddenly, a familiar friend came in to his dressing room and brought him an ice cream cake. It was his partner, Chen or Kim Jongdae, his real name. He was his partner on hosting their radio show. They've been together for one year and they even lived on the same condominium. "Baekhyun! You did a great job!"

 

 

 


"Woah! You came!"  Baekhyun grabbed the cake and put it in front of him. He was really glad for seeing his friend who supported him a lot. They talked a lot about Baekhyun's first experience on hosting a prestigious event. Chen was really proud on his friend to overcome of his fear. After a lot of topic, a stranger came in and gave a bouquet to Baekhyun. He hesitated on getting the flowers but Chen grabbed it. The stranger walked away and Baekhyun noticed the card attached inside the bouquet.

 

 


You are really great! I love you.

 

 

 


Baekhyun already knew where the flowers came from so, he smiled widely and looked at his friend. Chen also knew where it came from since that person was the one who could only make Baekhyun blush like this. Chen put the flowers beside the ice cream cake as he watched Baekhyun’s cheeks grow red. But, the little boy remembered something weird a while ago. It was about Chanyeol. He also saw that other person's image popped out on Chanyeol's body. He wanted to tell this to his friend but it might sound weird so he decided not to tell it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol, Joonmyeon, and Sehun managed to get the actor home on his own house. This house was isolated from the people in the city. It was the only house in the middle of the meadows. It was inside an exclusive village and it was really pretty there. His house was few blocks away from a lake. As they came, Sehun‘s eyes explored the beautiful scenery. He didn't know why would Chanyeol chose to live away from people but this sight was really captivating and now he started to understand him. "Oh. It's Chanyeol's male housemaid."

 

 

 


The teenage boy bowed at them and smiled. The three stared at him so, they could know if he qualified with Chanyeol's perspective. Chanyeol was also picky on everything. Food, clothes, places, and everything that he could pick from; even people. "Height, check. Physical appearance, check. How about his background?"

 

 

 


"Oh. I'm Jaehyun. I ranked 5 in Seoul Arts University last year. I could play piano and I could also dance. I wanted to work as a housemaid so, I could earn money." Joonmyeon was satisfied with him but the decision was all up to Chanyeol. Joonmyeon and Sehun was worried if Chanyeol was going to hire him or not. The air was thick but the kid smiled brightly.

 

 

 


"You're hired. Start cleaning the kitchen, it stinks. My assistant doesn't know the word fragrance. You could enter my room but you are not allowed to go near my study table." Chanyeol just walked away and Joonmyeon was really happy for the kid. He hugged the new maid of Park Chanyeol and told him about Chanyeol.
"Remember, if Chanyeol stared at you, don't be scared. It’s normal. If he called you once, start moving. He doesn't want slow transactions." 

 

 

 


"Hey kid. Start moving!" Chanyeol shouted out of the blue as he opened the door to his house. Jaehyun entered the house quickly as he remembered every tip that the manager gave him. Chanyeol turned his attention to his manager and assistant.

 

 

 


"Do you still have any concerns?"

 

 

 


"Yes. Yes. Chanyeol, you have a guesting tomorrow and I'm sure that you’ll get a lot of fans." Joonmyeon walked closely to Chanyeol and the actor wondered what show he was guesting tomorrow.

 

 

 


"You'll be guesting on a radio show tomorrow. The Spotlight radio show." Chanyeol wondered what that radio show was but it seemed that Sehun knew about that show. He wasn't familiar with radio djs and the like. He was only busy with his career being an actor in the modern era. His face turned into a questioning look when he looked at his manager.

 

 

 


"It's Byun Baekhyun's radio show! You're going to be more famous in no time." Chanyeol's eyes grew bigger when he heard the little boy's name once again. He couldn't believe that Chanyeol and the boy would meet once again. He thought that he would never see him again. His mind was filled with ridiculous thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Fine. Tell me the time."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Hey guys. It's been a while and college life was really busy. I had a little time to make chapters but I managed to update today. I hope you liked it.

BTW, the trailer is up on the foreword. Take time to watch <3

Keep on subscribing. I  love you <3