Chapter 5: Relationships

The Second Time Around

 

FLASHBACK

 


    Before Scholar Lee Donghae got Eunhyuk's heart, Eunhyuk was actually in a relationship with the prince, one of the son of the King of Joseon Dynasty. Donghae had no guts to get Eunhyuk from that prince.

 

 

 


    One day, Eunhyuk was working with Donghae, unaware that Donghae liked him a lot. They were both working on writing some of the kings laws. Eunhyuk was really silent when he was working. He felt like he was the only one in that room but Donghae was there, looking at him silently and couldn't focus on his work. His head was filled with the feeling of dichotomy whether he would tell Eunhyuk about his feeling or not. He felt that this must be the chance to tell him that but he had no courage at all. He might be the leader of a large pack of scholars but his bravery could break down when it comes to Eunhyuk.

 

 

 


"Aren't you getting tired with what we are doing?" Donghae shyly looked at Eunhyuk as he put down his writing materials. He shook his legs lightly so he could overcome his nervousness. This wasn't their first time to talk with each other.

 

 

 


"You are one of the leaders of our federation and yet, you are getting tired on our simple task." Eunhyuk looked back at him and Donghae was really startled on what he said. He was out of words even if he was a well-known person.

 

 

 


"That's... That's not what I'm meant. I just wanted to put up a conversation." Donghae smiled awkwardly but luckily, Eunhyuk accepted his offer to talk with him. He also put away his writing materials and began to look at Donghae. The scholar was surprised on Donghae's action. That time, the two of them had a good time talking about their likes and dislikes until they got to the point when Eunhyuk asked him about his views about relationships. Donghae froze for few minutes and Eunhyuk noticed that the boy didn't give any reply.

 

 

 


"Was I going too far? I’m sorry!"  Donghae blinked multiple times as he got his senses but he managed not to answer. He was trying to think of a perfect excuse to get over with the scholar's question. Suddenly, someone spoke from the front of the room. It seemed that he was one of the guards of the Eunhyuk's partner, Prince Siwon.

 

 

 


"Scholar Lee Eunhyuk, Prince Siwon wants to see right now. He wants me to you to him." Eunhyuk fixed his things so he could finish this up later. For the last minute, he looked once again to a frozen Donghae. He tried to snapped Donghae out of his air of awkwardness but he wasn't aware that he was already leaving. Eunhyuk sighed lightly and stood up from his place.

 

 

 


"You can freely talk to me later. Just tell me if I told you something wrong. See you around." Eunhyuk fixed his hanbok before he left the room. He wanted to be presentable before he faced his boyfriend, rather, the prince. By the way, Eunhyuk's relationship with the prince was a secret. Donghae managed to know this by his spying skills, ordered by the king but, he didn't tell the king about this since, he knew that Eunhyuk would be in trouble.

 

 

 


"Just wait for me while I gather the courage to tell you that you're my special one."


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kai, what are you doing here?"

 

 

 

 

    Kai removed his shades since it was a bit unusual to see a person with a pair at night. The idol stepped near the actor and looked at him from head to toe. He, also couldn't believe to see a boring person in here. He asked himself why a person like him would go here. Kai bit the tip of his index finger, still wondering of possibilities of his visit. "I should ask you that question. What are you doing here?"

 

 

 


Kai pointed at Chanyeol from head to toe then to the radio station. He laughed silently since he couldn't think of any idea of his visit. Chanyeol was also out of words to think of any excuse. He just crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking at Kai with his glaring eyes. "I asked you first so answer my question."

 

 

 


"You are still rude and grumpy even we are talking privately. By the way, I'm here because I'm going to visit someone. Someone that makes me happy or should I say, someone that I love." Kai ended it with a wink. Chanyeol didn't expect that Kai's rumored special someone worked at a radio station. He thought Kai was really a womanizer but he could now say that Kai could be a loyal man.

 

 

 


"Now, answer my question, Mr. Best Actor." Kai raised his brows multiple times and leaned closely to him. Chanyeol pushed him back lightly since he didn't like Kai's annoying personality. He cleared his throat and began looking at Kai scarily. Kai was astonished with that look even though, he saw that a lot of times before.

 

 

 


"I wanted to talk to someone."

 

 

 


"That's it? Who's that someone? What are you going to talk about? Why are -"

 

 

 


"Stop asking questions. I don't want to entertain them."

 

 

 


"I thought that we're best buddies after our drama. Well then, see you around." Kai went in the station first, leaving Chanyeol. The actor was still wondering why he would go to this place. At that moment, he was hesitating whether to look for Baekhyun or not. He thought that they weren't that close enough to meet occasionally. Suddenly, he walked in the station and some people were surprised to see him there. They just thought that Chanyeol must be a guest DJ. On his head, nothing was going to lose if he wanted to talk with Baekhyun since nothing was between them or maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, leaving already? How about..."

 

 

 


"No. It's fine. We need to have a rest since we have a fansigning event tomorrow right?"

 

 

 


Baekhyun patted Chen's shoulder as he brought some of his stuffs and left. He walked briskly in the hallway but suddenly, someone blocked his way. He was looking on the floor but he saw a pair of expensive shoes. He felt that he was being pulled closer by the person in front of him. He felt a warm hug from that person. "I'm sorry for being late."

 

 

 


Baekhyun's cheeks turned red as he felt his boyfriend's heartbeat. He wanted to speak but his boyfriend tightened his hug. They were in that position for few minutes without any people seeing them. Baekhyun was really nervous if they were caught on act. They might be put on trouble. Baekhyun didn't want any exposure about their relationship since his boyfriend was a superstar. "You shouldn't come here. What if we are -"

 

 

 


"Don't worry. I don't care if we are caught in this position. I would love to introduce you to the whole world." He messed with Baekhyun's hair that blocked the little boy's eyes. Baekhyun's eyes were sparkling and shining like he saw tons of gold and shimmering things. He couldn't express his feelings everytime he saw his boyfriend.

 

 

 


"Jongin."

 

 

 


"Yes, my everything?"

 

 

 


"You can now let go of me. Take me home now."

 

 

 


"Oh. Hahaha. I just missed you. A lot."

 

 

 


Yes. Jongin, also known as Kai, was Baekhyun's boyfriend. They have been in a relationship for almost a year. Their anniversary was going to be next week from now. Kai was very excited to see his little boy being happy once again, like the time Baekhyun gave him a permission to be his boyfriend. Kai admitted that Baekhyun was really a shy and a low self-esteemed person. So, he told Baekhyun to call him everytime he feel down or nervous. He was really proud when Baekhyun became a well-known dj. He was mostly popular with teenagers. He usually met with Baekhyun whenever he has free time.

 

 

 


"Can't we have a date or just chill out there?" Kai and Baekhyun continued walking while their hands intertwined. The taller boy carried his boyfriend's stuffs as they reached the elevator. Kai pressed the down button to go home. He didn't know that Baekhyun was still staring at him when they were walking. He giggled as he pinched Baekhyun's cheek. He thought that Baekhyun was the cutest person he’s ever seen.

 

 

 


"Are you blessed to have a boyfriend like me?"

 

 

 


"Of course, who wouldn't?" Kai smiled as the elevator opened and no one was in there. Kai let Baekhyun to come in first and he also pressed the elevator button to go to the ground floor. Meanwhile, the other elevator beside theirs also opened and there was Chanyeol. The actor looked from left to right and he noticed that the other elevator closed but he didn't care at all. He just searched for any signs of Baekhyun there but he only saw Chen. He thought of asking Chen about Baekhyun but he thought Chen might think about something else. So, he stopped on his position and thought about what exactly he was doing here.

 

 

 


"Oooh. Hi there, Mr. Park Chanyeol. Looking for someone?" The DJ was looking at him carefully since Chanyeol couldn't look at him straight so he tried to stand firm and acted like he just went here to listen to some DJs live.

 

 

 


"Nothing. Just... wanted to listen a radio show live." Chanyeol smiled to conceal his uneasiness. He clenched his fist to control his feelings since he wanted Chen to disappear but he couldn't just do that.

 

 

 


"Uhmm. Ok. I'll go home." Chen waved at him as he passed by the actor but a sudden idea went in Chen's mind. He paused and turned around.

 

 

 


"Mr. Park Chanyeol...." Chanyeol turned around also and hefelt uneasy once again. He thought that he gotr rid of Chen already.

 

 

 


"Did Baekhyun go to your house and return your phone?" Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun went to his house privately. It seemed that Chen and Baekhyun was really close from the beginning. He thought of two options, it was either he was the one who found the phone and requested Baekhyun to give it back or Baekhyun told him about it. But, at this moment, he didn't care about anything. Chanyeol tried to answer calmly but he was stuttering.

 

 

 


"Uhmm... Uhhh... Yes... He... Yeah." When the DJ heard the actor's answer, he just smiled and waved again to tell goodbye. Chanyeol thought if Chen thought about something malicious. But maybe he was just overthinking things so he tried to clear his thoughts. He also thought about stopping to think about Baekhyun. They didn't have any serious connection so, he could forget about him.

 

 

 


"Yes. I guess that's right." Chanyeol walked back to the elevator when he noticed on the window beside him that Kai's car went away. He thought that Kai must already saw that someone he was talking a while ago. So, upon seeing that, he decided to go home and forget about everything that happened that day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Mr. Park was reading some proposals for their business. A busy man like him always looked like this. He always look like a father who always strives hard for his family but, in reality, he had no time to talk with his kids, only to his wife. While piling up some papers that he has finished, his secretary went in and whispered something to him. The president just nodded and continued fixing the files. Suddenly, a rich-looking lad came in to his office. Somehow, Mr. Park knew this boy from the time their eyes met. "It's good to see you, Mr. Luhan. Would you mind if we speak in Korean?"

 

 

 


"Sure. I just wanted to open some business topics with you." Luhan bowed lightly as he finished his talk. He smiled brightly as his eyes met the president's eyes once again. Luhan was one of the major stockholders of this company. Mr. Park was very lucky to have him and because of Luhan, his business extended to China. So, the president had his arms open for him.

 

 

 


"So far, so good. I'm really thankful to have you as my stockholder." Mr. Park offered Luhan to have a seat across of his table. Luhan sat down and began to study upon the place. Mr. Park's secretary came in and he requested a tea for two. They began talking some matters about business until the tea came in. Luhan was really a business-minded person. He’s serious when it comes to money and business. In the middle of their conversation, Luhan asked about Mr. Park's family since the president didn't open this topic since he became a stockholder. Mr. Park sipped on his tea and cleared his throat.

 

 

 


"Everything is fine but my children seem not to have any interest about this business." Luhan nodded as he continued listening to the president.

 

 

 


"I have my daughter, who is  a reporter and a son, who is an actor. They seem to be more interested on entertaining and interacting with other people. I hoped that I could have a son like you to own my company." Mr. Park smiled as he took another sip on his tea. Luhan was pleased with what he heard but he tried not to grin. He just smiled lightly and looked away from the window. He thought about something in his mind about his father.

 

 

 


Father, this is our new beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Chanyeol was on his deep and relaxing sleep when suddenly, someone sprinkled some cold water on his face so he rose up from his bed, indian sitting while his eyes were still close. He scratched the back of his head and tried to throw a pillow on the person in front of him. Actually, his manager, Joonmyeon, and Jaehyun were in front him. They were trying to wake Chanyeol up but shaking him wasn't effective so, Joonmyeon had no choice but to sprinkle some water on him. Joonmyeon held Chanyeol's face with two hands and shook it multiple times.

 

 

 


"Park Chanyeol!! You have a meeting with the owner for your endorsed mall! We only have 30 minutes to fix yourself!!" Chanyeol has come to reality but he couldn't stand quickly so, Jaehyun tried to help him by pushing and slapping his face lightly. Chanyeol was really awake by realizing Jaehyun's actions. He looked at them really bad but he just stood up and went to his bathroom. Even though he hate schedules that were too early for him, even though it was already afternoon, he would attend it but if he wasn't on the mood, you couldn't please him enough to go work.

 

 

 


"You were really brave to do that to Chanyeol." Manager Kim patted Jaehyun's back as he nodded his head. Jaehyun rubbed that back of his head and sighed deeply.

 

 

 


"I thought that it was the end of my life." Jaehyun closed his eyes and touched his chest and Joonmyeon thought that Jaehyun was really tough to do that.
On the other hand, Baekhyun was also getting ready in his brother's condominium. He just wore casual clothes as his brother walked across the room. He turned Baekhyun to him and fixed his hair. He did his best to make Baekhyun's face look fairer. As the elder, Baekbeom was really supportive to his younger brother. "Don't forget to smile when someone wants to talk with you. Be friendly and stop being shy. You get it?"

 

 

 


Baekhyun just nodded and hugged his brother. He was thankful that his brother was always there for him. Having their parents away from them, Baekbeom stood as Baekhyun's parent. Their parents decided to divorce due to financial problems. They were in the custody of their mother but she was working abroad. Her sons are now old enough and could work and she is now a part of a charity agency that roamed around the world. Baekhyun released his brother from his hug and prepared himself for his first fan meeting. "I'll go now. Wish me luck. Do you want something?"

 

 

 


"Just tell me about what will happen later." Baekhyun left his brother in the room and Chen was waiting for him on the living room. The car was also waiting for them downstairs to them to the site where the fan meeting was going to be held. Both of them were pretty excited to meet their fans face to face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    Manager Kim Joonmyeon knew that they arrived at the mall late for at least an hour. They were late because of Chanyeol's stubbornness and slow actions. He was really frustrated because it was embarrassing to the owner and the staffs of the mall. Luckily, no one was complaining bt it was a bit weird.. Sehun was putting some last touch on Chanyeol's face to make him look more handsome. Meanwhile, a lot of people were blocking their way. Some of them were the fans of Chanyeol. The mall was really crowded. Shouting, squealing, and cheering could be heard around. It was impossible to sneak in the mall because of them.

 

 

 


"It seems that your fans really knew that you were coming." Manager Kim tried to go near the entrance of the mall and luckily, the guards gave them their way into the mall. They entered the mall by the back door but there were still people on the main entrance.

 

 

 


"I think someone is also here on the mall." Sehun said while they were making their way inside. The bodyguards still escorted them inside. They could hear people cheering for Chanyeol but something captured their eyes. The event center of the mall was filled by people. The three of them wanted to ask about it but they thought it was just a waste of time. Chanyeol was still sleepy so he wore his shades on as they made their way to the meeting center.

 

 

 


"The owner of the mall wasn't worried about us?" The manager asked one of the guards.

 

 

 


"Actually, Ms. CEO almost forgot your meeting with her because of this fan meeting." Joonmyeon was surprised to heard that they were almost forgotten because of the event near them. Sehun and him looked at the guard surprisingly.

 

 

 


"Wow. I wonder who is having their fan meeting." Sehun whispered but Chanyeol heard it. They walked beside the event center and Chanyeol looked at the stage. He removed his glasses to see the person on the stage clearly. As they passed by, he felt that the time slowed and one of the people on the stage looked at him back. He saw someone that was familiar to him. They looked at each other for few seconds and he heard something from the back of his mind.

 

 

 

 

 

"Donghae, it's me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Latest update. Hope you liked it. Keep supporting. I'm sorry if I took so long for updating.

I love you <3