Chapter 7: The Aftermath

The Second Time Around

 

 

Kai arrived at the building where Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s guesting was held at. Because he was an idol, the staffs didn’t feel the need to be cautious with him roaming around the building thinking he had an appointment in the station. Kai queried them about the studio where Baekhyun’s show was in and they gave him clear instructions as an answer. He thanked them and left in search of the studio with a wide grin on his face because things are going pretty good for a start. No one could resist Kai's angelic face and smile—he knows that. He walked in a fast pace and not long enough he found and entered the room. As he got inside, he spotted the two talking. It was obvious that Baekhyun was feeling anxious while Chanyeol talked.

 

 

"I hate to see Baekhyun like this." He thought.

 

 

 


Kai could hear Chanyeol-- he was clarifying everything between him and Baekhyun. It was pretty relieving that Chanyeol was trying to get rid of the issue. After Chanyeol’s explanation, the host threw a pretty sensitive question for the both of them. His expression suddenly became stiff and he was visibly anxious too. He was so taken aback by the question and didn't know what to do or what to say because he knows deep in his heart that he loved Baekhyun. Just about when Chanyeol find the words to say, Kai went straight to the platform where the interviewees are and grabbed at Chanyeol's microphone.

 

 

 


"Hey! What are you doing here?" Chanyeol whispered with surprise. He saw Baekhyun stand from his seat and his body shivered. He couldn't understand what just happened. Baekhyun was astonished to see Kai in front of him, holding the microphone, interrupting their interview in front of a lot of people.

 

 

 


"Good day everyone! I didn’t mean to look rude and disrespectful by interrupting such an iconic show like this but this is me, Idol Kai. I just wanted to be the one to tell every single one of you here that they are not in a relationship. In fact, I am very proud to say that Baekhyun and I are just about to celebrate our anniversary.”

 

 

 


Everyone was astounded. Kai let out a loud breath thinking about what he just did. It was a bold and abrupt thing to do but he did not regret any of it knowing that it was for the good of their relationship and to make the unending rumors about Baekhyun and Chanyeol come to an end. Chanyeol stood between Baekhyun and Kai and pointed at them. "You two.... Really?"

 

 

 


Chanyeol laughed lightly and Baekhyun's cheeks turned red as he heard the people, especially his fans, reacting on the statement they just heard. Kai grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and walked away from the people. Chanyeol followed, leaving the whole people of Korea in wonder. The whole studio was filled with tumult as the three left the room. Chanyeol saw Kai take Baekhyun into his car. Baekhyun's director was left in wonder. "What just happened?! I didn't about those two?! This is really shocking!"

 

 

 


The director was also in frustration about the revelation. He thought that Baekhyun was just an innocent guy who knows how to entertain people with his iconic voice.

 

 

 

He didn't know what to do since it would make a big impact to their show and their radio station. The director walked away leaving Chanyeol's team in the waiting room where Sehun was packing up. "Wow! Kai was really brave to do that. I'm sure their whole entertainment team is also in total breakdown." Manager Kim giggled as he walked back and forth. Sehun was about to finish packing up while Chanyeol was checking the SNS about what happened. He kept on reading the posts and comments about the new hot topic. A lot of Kai's fans reacted wildly and rudely towards Baekhyun being his beau. He imagined himself on Baekhyun's place. It must be really hard for him to handle this kind of problem since he was still fresh in the idol's world.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, I'm -"

 

 

 


"I can't understand, Jongin."

 

 

 


Kai's car stopped in a place where there are only a few people around. The streets lights weren't that strong to light up the whole street so decided that that was the best spot to talk. The taller boy sighed heavily while Baekhyun still shivered. His hands were held closely together as he looked down. The idol was looking afar, waiting for his boy to speak up. He didn't care even if his career was in the edge of falling apart now, all he cared for now was Baekhyun.

 

 

 


"Did you know that you blew up a bomb right there in front of you?" Baekhyun looked at Kai as he looked down in his feet. He thought that Baekhyun would feel relieved if the public would know the truth but turned out the other way he expected it to be. They both felt the pressure and the stress over what would happen in their lives for the next few days.

 

 

 


"Baekhyun, as your boyfriend, I don't want to hear your name being linked to other man like Chanyeol. I just wanted to help you."

 

 

 


"I understand but did you use your brain before speaking in front of the national TV?" Baekhyun looked at Kai seriously. He was teary-eyed and he couldn't contain his feelings. Kai realized that what he did was wrong and he was really sorry but apologizing to Baekhyun wouldn't help and change a thing.

 

 

 


"Take me to the radio station. I'm sure that the director wants me to explain all of this."

 

 

 


"I'll come with you."

 

 

 


"No."

 

 

 

 


"Why not?"

 

 

 


"You also have your own problems. I’ll solve mine, you solve yours." Kai held onto Baekhyun’s hand and the little boy just looked at him. They both really love each other so they needed to support each other in times like this. Kai started his car and drove away peacefully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Baekhyun was in the conference room together with his partner, Chen, the head of the radio station, and the director. Baekhyun told them about his relationship with the Kpop idol and explained what happened a while ago. Baekhyun was ready to face any consequences but the company didn't blame him for what happened. He was upset because his and Kai’s name filled in the hot topic section in the SNS and thethe showbiz talks in the television. Chen looked at Baekhyun and he saw that his friend was really pale. It was his first time to see Baekhyun this off.

 

 

 


"Director, we should just speak to the media to accept their relationship. They are nothing but two people who loves each other." The lady on the right side spoke up. Some people in the room agreed with her but the director wasn't satisfied about it.

 

 

 


"Baekhyun." All of their attention was turned to the director. It seemed that the director has a better idea for Baekhyun.

 

 

 


"If it's fine for you, I will allow you to have a hiatus for 3 months." Baekhyun's eyes wide as soon as he heard him. That was too much for him because he never saw himself stopping his career even just for a while and for heaven’s sake, he just started! The little boy sighed and cleared his throat as he tried to spoke up.

 

 

 


"But director..."

 

 

 


"This would be the safest way to take you away from these issues. I know that you are still new with these things. For now, it is better if you'll stay away from this and remain silent. End of the meeting." The people in the room were all flabbergasted with the director's plan. They all knew that this would affect the rating of the show especially Baekhyun's career. But the director’s decision wass final. They couldn't do anything about it. They all trusted the director because he has been in the industry for years so he surely knew how to handle these kind of things.

 

 

 


Everyone made their way out of the room but Baekhyun was still left unmoved in his seat. The director noticed him before leaving the room. He could see that Baekhyun was blamed himself. The director moved the seat beside the DJ and sat on it.

 

 

 


"Don't consider this as a punishment. This is the safest way to take you away from this."

 

 

 


"But I don't think that running away is the solution." Baekhyun quickly glanced at the director with his teary eyes. The director patted his back as he saw that Baekhyun was catching his breath.

 

 

 


"You're in a different world. A world where issues and discussions like these are stunning like gold. A gold that can lead to temptation. A gold that can either drag you down or lift you up." Baekhyun stared down once again as he realized every word from the director.

 

 

 


"A gold that can destroy you. So, better stay away from that gold." The director patted his back once again and left the room. Baekhyun rested his chin above the table and tried to reflect on everything that hapened. In his mind, he believed that the director was right. He must rest and stay away from the gold.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun went out from Chen's car and his fellow DJ waved at him and cheered him up before he left his partner. His face was swollen and he looked really sad. It seemed that it would take time to regain his usual self. As he took his way home, he saw a tall guy standing in front of the door. They were both surprised when their eyes met. He wanted to stay away from Kai, but he was fast to win him back.

 

 

 


"How are you? Are you fine? Are you--"

 

 

 


"Jongin." Baekhyun's voice was really soft and heavy. The idol was startled. He could feel that the little boy was really tired of this. He couldn't handle the problems on his head right now.

 

 

 


"Look. I'm here to make you feel better. To let you know that everything's fine."

 

 

 


"Jongin. Everything isn’t the tiniest bit fine. I know you want to make me feel better but please......" Jongin grabbed Baekhyun’s hand then wrapped his arms around him. He hugged him tighter to try to make him feel alright. After few minutes, Baekhyun pulled away from Kai's hug. He placed his palm on Kai's cheek. Tears were rushing down his cheeks once again.

 

 

 


"Let's stay away from each other."

 

 

 


Jongin was surprised on what he heard from Baekhyun. He quickly grabbed Baekhyun's hands again and held it tight. His hands were shaking while Baekhyun was trying to get rid of it. Jongin’s grip became firmer but his face turned red and his eyes were already filled with tears. "Hey. It's almost our anniversary. I'm trying my best to save everything good that’s between us."

 

 

 


"I'm also trying to save you because I love you. I'm willing to give up everything just to make you feel better." Finally, Baekhyun slowly let go of Jongin's hand. The tall boy began to shed his tears as he saw Baekhyun smiling at him. He knew that there were a lot of ways to save their relationship but Baekhyun has already decided.

 

 

 


"Our relationship is only destroying you and me. There's no reason to continue this."

 

 

 


"I have a reason, Baekhyun. My reason to continue all of these is because I love you...with all my heart."

 

 

 


"I believe that there's someone who's better than me out there. We're still young. We can meet a lot of people."

 

 

 


"There might be someone better than you but my heart will keep on telling me that you're the only one I want. That’s for sure." Baekhyun put his lips on Jongin's to prove him that even when they were apart from each other, he would always love and care for Jongin. The little boy pulled away from the kiss and continued walking towards his home. As he entered his house, he rested his back from the door and started crying. He knew that what he did was really painful but he needed to let go for their good. He wished that Jongin would be stronger and work harder after what happened between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week had passed and Baekhyun remained inside his room and his brother was aware with what happened to him. Baekbeom was always worried about his younger brother but he knew that he needed some time to be alone. He was just surprised that day because Baekhyun finally went out of his room. He quickly prepared breakfast for his brother. He was thankful that Baekhyun was fine. But his little brother asked him something.

 

 

 


"Can you call Uncle DongHo from the province? I want to breathe some fresh air." Baekbeom found his brother far different from his usual self but he completely understood him so he immediately called their uncle right away and arranged everything for his brother's vacation. The call ended and Baekhyun immediately packed his things.

 

 

 


"Uncle said that it was completely fine for you to stay on his place but tell me, how long stay do you plan on staying there?" Baekhyun zipped his luggage up and start looking for a shirt to wear. Baekbeom leaned on the side of the wall while looking at his brother.

 

 

 


"When I'm ready to face the world again, I'll be back."

 

 

 


Baekhyun hugged his brother goodbye. He grabbed a taxi on his way to the airport. He sat at the waiting area and thought of all the things happened for the past few days. He knew that he would be leaving a lot of memories in the city but this was for his own good. He was also fresh from a break up so, he really needed to refresh his heart and mind.

 

 

 


"To all passengers, Flight to Jeju Island has arrived."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 3 months.....

 

 


"Park Chanyeol, you changed your schedule and cancelled your appointments just for something like this?! You're unbelievable." Chanyeol's manager was nagging at him again while they were walking inside the historical arts exhibit. Chanyeol was amazed with these kind of things even though he wasn't really interested with history, he was just amazed with the artworks.

 

 

 


"Manager Kim, this is a perfect way to relax and appreciate the wonders of our history. We've been working non-stop may I remind you." Sehun blabbered on the manager's ear. Chanyeol was just ignoring them as he looked around and spotted some old weapons from the Joseon era. Weapons, dresses, and some artifacts of the existence of the dynasty were there. Only a few people were inside the exhibit since a lot of people exhibits and museums boring. Sehun and Manager Kim stopped for a while and sat at the side as Chanyeol continued to walk around.

 

 

 


"A painting of two honorable scholars." Chanyeol read the label below the huge painting. He looked up and examined the whole painting. The painting gave him this queer feeling of connection. It felt like it was drawing him in but he didn't know why. On the painting, he could see that two scholars were looking at each other. He could say that there were something special between the way they looked in their eyes.

 

 

 


"How can this painting be so grandiose?" Chanyeol crossed his arms and stared at the painting. When he was about to look at left side of the painting, he saw a familiar face. He immediately turned to look at the two who accompanied him here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey. Manager Kim, look at those two. They are so terrifyingly familiar." Sehun pointed at the painting of the scholars. They both knew that Chanyeol was in front of the painting but they couldn't recognize who the persons in the painting where. It was sort of magical.

 

 

 


"Woah. They are also in the same position as it is seen in the painting." Manager Kim was also suprised with them.

 

 


"Do you know who that boy in front of him is?"

 

 

 

 

 

 


Chanyeol slowly murmured.

 

 

"Baekhyun?" And he too, was surprised.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello there!!! It's been a loooooooooooooong while hahahaha. School's coming again and thanks for supporting!!!!
- Author <3