Chapter 4: Meeting

The Second Time Around

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

 

 

    Baekhyun didn't know what to do. He didn't mean to do something wrong but it based on Chanyeol’s reaction, he didn’t like what he did. They were looking directly on each other's eyes but Baekhyun's was unsteady. Even though it was awkward, Chanyeol managed to still look serious in front of smaller boy. He has never liked the idea of unplanned visits unless he has a serious connection with the visitor. Chanyeol’s grip became tighter as Baekhyun began to speak up.

 

 

 


"I was just about to leave your phone in your table and leave but..."

 

 

 


"Do you know that I can report you to the police for trespassing?" Baekhyun's heartbeat increased as Chanyeol continued to scare him for his actions. He didn't mean to do anything. His curiosity was really something. Chanyeol took away the picture frame from Baekhyun's hand. He put it on the same spot and looked at Baekhyun. He knew that the other boy was really scared, it was visible in his eyes.

 

 

 


"Who told you to enter my room without my permission?" Baekhyun was about to speak but someone interrupted them. It was his male maid, Jaehyun. Chanyeol looked at him in annoyance.

 

 

 


"I told him to go upstairs since the two of you are close friends, right?" Both of them looked surprised upon hearing what he said because first of all, they aren't friends. They just knew each other for a couple of days. And, they don't have any connection with each other. Chanyeol looked down and nodded as he touched his head. Baekhyun looked away from them, pretending that he did not hear anything.

 

 

 


"Alright. Join him downstairs and accompany him while he waits for a taxi." Chanyeol went back to the bathroom leaving Jaehyun confused with his actions. Baekhyun let out a deep breath to release the tension in his body.

 

 

 


"Is there something wrong between the two of you?" Jaehyun pointed at Baekhyun and the bathroom door, referring to Chanyeol. The DJ didn't know either so he just smiled at him and walked downstairs. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was just behind the bathroom door, eavesdropping. He thought that Baekhyun was about to say anything but he was wrong. He thought DJs can not be trusted because they are known for broadcasting everything they know so he didn't trust him in the first place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    On the way downstairs, Jaehyun continued talking with the well-known DJ who was not really listening because he can’t stop thinking about the family picture he saw on Chanyeol's room. He thought that if Chanyeol's sister was also famous, how about their parents? How come he hasn't heard anything about Mr. and Mrs. Park throughout his career? His curiosity struck him once more. "It's nice to have you in Mr. Park Chanyeol's house. Can I have a picture with you?"

 

 


Baekhyun just stepped closer to Jaehyun and smiled as good as he could. He bowed down as he opened the door to leave their house but suddenly, the lightning flashed and the thunder roared loudly. The rain poured down heavily and Baekhyun started to get worried. He didn't expect rain because the weather seemed fine a while ago. The weather can really be unpredictable. "It looks like you are going to stay here for a couple more hours."

 

 


Baekhyun thought that Jaehyun's idea wasn't good after what happened earlier. Jaehyun left him before he could talk. He just shut his mouth as he saw the boy going upstairs. He thought that the tall boy might not agree with his idea. Suddenly, Chanyeol came down as he saw Baekhyun standing in front of the door. There was a few minutes of silence and staring at each other but Chanyeol was the one cut it off. He went to the kitchen and Jaehyun rushed to him with a big smile.

 

 


"I told him that you are going to stay here since the rain is pouring hard. I offered to make you two coffee with you and it looked like it’s fine with him."

 

 

 

Actually, Chanyeol was just concerned of his image towards Baekhyun. He was known for being a gentle and nice actor but he showed his different side so, Chanyeol wanted to change Baekhyun's impression a while ago.

 

 

 

 

"Take a seat."

 

 

 


Chanyeol pointed at the chair across him when Baekhyun entered the kitchen. It seemed that Chanyeol was the one who prepared the coffee for them. The rain was still heavy and the it was still cold. Coffee seemed like a perfect idea. Baekhyun's head was bowed down when he saw Chanyeol. Chanyeol was annoyed with his appearance so he leaned closely to the little boy and held his chin. He lifted Baekhyun's head without any words from him. Baekhyun was surprised with the actor's actions.

 

 

 


"If you are in front of someone, look at that person straight." Chanyeol was on his calm tone but he found their position awkward since Chanyeol felt different with Baekhyun. He finally removed his hand from Baekhyun's chin noticing that he felt shy. Chanyeol got back in his seat and took a sip on his mug. Baekhyun's eyes were still unsteady and his lips were still trembling. Everything that happened to him today was unexpected. He didn't want to tell anything to Chen because it would be embarassing.

 

 

 


"Do you have anything to say?" Chanyeol rested his back on his chair and and felt the warmth from his mug. Baekhyun was trying to sip his coffee but it was still too hot for him. He blew softly on his coffee as he looked at Chanyeol. He didn't have anything to say but he came up with something.

 

 

 


"Could you please take me home?" Chanyeol looked at him plainly. Baekhyun felt nervous once again and grabbed his mug, took a sip on his coffee quickly. It wasn't as hot as before. He drank from it in big gulps to hide his embarassment.

 

 

 


"Why? Are you afraid of me now? I’m sorry for how I acted earlier. I was just surprised to see you here."

 

 

 


"No. I think I’m the one to blame. I can't even look at you knowing you have a bad impression of me." The actor thought he was right and wanted to scold him at this moment. Chanyeol wanted to agree with him but he needed to be cool and kind. His name may be ruined if he did something wrong on the boy.

 

 

 


"I understand."

 

 

 


"Can you take me home now? My brother must be worried about me." Chanyeol was startled when he heard that Baekhyun has a brother. But, he snapped out of his mind and told himself that Baekhyun's family background doesn’t even matter to him.

 

 

 


"Okay." Chanyeol stood up and left Baekhyun on the kitchen. The DJ thought that Chanyeol found him disrespectful for being eager to end the discussion. Once again, he was nervous. Suddenly, Jaehyun stood beside him and leaned to him closely.

 

 

 


"Mr. Chanyeol told me to accompany you to his car. You're a lucky one. Manager Kim told me that Chanyeol haven't drive someone home in his car. You are the first one." Baekhyun wasn't surprised about what he heard. He sarcastically smiled at the boy since he truly didn't care.

 

 

 


When Jaehyun and Baekhyun reached Chanyeol's luxurious car, Jaehyun was the one who opened the back door. Yes. Baekhyun was going to sit on the back seat of the car. Not beside Chanyeol. But, then again, Chanyeol thought that if Baekhyun would sit at the back, he would look like the driver. So, he let Baekhyun sit beside him. When Baekhyun got in the passenger seat, he bit his lower lip softly as he knew that they were already leaving. They were both silent as they took on the road. The rain was still and it was cold inside the car. Baekhyun's chin was resting on his hand as he glanced through the window. Chanyeol was still focused on the road. He haven't asked Baekhyun about the way to his home.

 

 

 


"Just take me to the City of Seoul. I'm really sorry for driving me to the city."

 

 

 


"Don't apologize. I just wanted to repay your kindness." Baekhyun glanced at the actor and he started to smile at him. So maybe he wasn't that scary at all. He thought that Chanyeol was really a kindhearted person. Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun was smiling at him. He wanted to tell him to stop looking at him because once again, he is getting on his nerves. But deep inside, he knew that he was happy to be with him.

 

 

 

 

It's nice to meet you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Somewhere in the city, there was a mansion that was preparing for a great lunch for a well-known family. All the maids and chefs were busy on the kitchen and in the dining area. All nutritious and tasty foods were being put above the dining. It was actually the Park family. Chanyeol's family. They owned the top corporation in the province and this event happened monthly. A time where you could see Park Chanyeol, Park Yoora, Mr. and Mrs. Park in one table. Since all the members of the family were working, they didn't have the time to meet often. This was the only time they could eat together. Suddenly, Reporter Park Yoora arrived at the mansion. She wore casual clothes since their mother wanted them to be simple as possible.

 

 

 


"Take a sit, young lady." One of the maids offered her a sit and Yoora asked her about her mother.

 

 

 


"Madam’s upstairs. She was waiting for you and young master to arrive."

 

 

 


"Tell her that Chanyeol is on his way." Yoora smiled and the maid rushed her way upstairs. She seemed to be calm but she was actually unwell since they will meet their furious father. Their father was really serious in all matters. Money, business, family, career, and anything that could affect their lives. Suddenly, the young lad arrived and hugged his sister tightly. He smiled lightly since they both know that what this lunch might bring. Mrs. Park took her way downstairs and both of them stood up and hugged their mother together.

 

 

 


"I'm really glad to see you again, children. Have a seat, have a seat." They were both glad to see their mother. Mrs. Park was really the opposite of Mr. Park. She cared about her children. She always keeps up on what was going on with them. Finally, all the maids and the guards lined up in the front door of the mansion. They were all standing firmly beside the hall as the head of the family came out from the car. The other members of the family stood from their seats but Chanyeol unwillingly did it. Yoora noticed it and looked at him to tell him to stand straight.

 

 

 


"Chanyeol, let's just finish this lunch." Chanyeol looked away from his sister and stood firmly as he could. He knew that this gathering would open another trouble to their family. The owner of the Eternity Corporation entered his mansion as he saw the maids and the guards bowed down in harmony. He felt very welcome because of it. His face was just serious as he looked around and made his way to the dining area. The people bowed as he entered. Mr. Park seemed annoyed to see his children again.

 

 

 


"It's nice to see my impertinent son and daughter." No one moved an inch as Mr. Park took his seat. Yoora felt that this was going to be trouble to her but Chanyeol felt nothing. Mr. Park was disappointed with his children since none of them were interested in handling their business. No one studied about the enterprises of the corporation because they both thought that the business world was crazy. They both chose to enrich their names in the media, being a reporter and an actor. But, Mr. Park was against it. He had no one to be worthy to inherit the corporation.

 

 

 


There was a few minutes of silence. Yoora couldn't eat comfortably because she couldn't believe after all these years, his father felt the same about them. Chanyeol was trying to finish his food as fast as he can. He didn't want to see his father's face. Suddenly, Mrs. Park managed to break the silence.

 

 

 


"Yoora, I've heard that you were going make a documentary about our indigenous people. It was nice to hear that you were interested in our culture."

 

 

 


"I just want to experience and learn something new so I accepted the offer." Yoora smiled as she ended her statement but her father commented about what he heard.

 

 

 


"I wish that you could also try to learn about our business so you could help our family. Couldn’t you?” Everyone went silent once again as Yoora tried to eat again. Mr. Park has always been like this everytime. He always tells his children to study about business but their hearts weren't for it. They also have contrasting ideas towards this talk. So, Mrs. Park got his attention to their precious son, who has been eating quickly.

 

 

 


"Yeollie, I want to congratulate you for being a back-to-back best actor of the year." Chanyeol tried to smile with his best just to show her mother that everything was fine but once again, his father interrupted the conversation.

 

 

 


"Do you think that award will help the family business?"

 

 

 


"Do you think that the business will help this family to be bonded?" Chanyeol replied out of the blue. His temper couldn't hold it anymore. He was done hearing all the snide remarks of his father.

 

 

 


"Now you proved to me again that you are really disrespectful! How could you disrespect your own father?"

 

 

 


"How could you disrespect our choices? Do you think I'm glad to see my father ruining the day when we’re here eating as a family?" Chanyeol put down the spoon and fork and stood up from his seat. He couldn't forget the moment when his father ruined the Baeksang awards last year. His father humiliated him in front of country. He scolded his son when he was about to get his award. He felt very embarrassed as he just took the award and walked away from people.

 

 

 


"Chanyeol, wa -" Yoora was about to go after her brother but her mother held her wrist. Mrs. Park thought that it must be better if they let Chanyeol on his own. They could say that Chanyeol haven't moved on yet on what happened to him. Chanyeol took off with his car and drove away. He didn't know where exactly he was going but there is no other way to keep him calm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    In a particular airport in Korea, someone wearing black suit and tie surrounded with his bodyguards arrived. They ignoried everyone who looked at them. They looked so classy and sophisticated as they walked their way out.  It looked like they were not here for vacation. They went inside a limousine and the bodyguards started to talk to someone. They don’t live in Korea but they could speak and understand Korean. "We are on our way to Eternity Corporation Building. Mr. Wu from China wanted to see Mr. Park as soon as possible."

 

 

 


The bodyguard removed his shades and began to see his boss clearly. Mr. Luhan was his boss from China. Luhan looked away from the window as he saw a familiar view. This is not his first time in Korea, he went here when he was still a teenager. He was here for an important business. "It's good to be here once again. It's time to pay the price."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you waiting for someone?"

 

 

 


"Actually..."

 

 

 


Chen patted Baekhyun's back when they were about to finish their radio show for the day. Baekhyun was actually waiting for someone and Chen could figure it out. The last song was being aired. Baekhyun rested his head above his palm as he glanced on his phone. There were no messages nor any missed calls. He was really anticipating for someone.

 

 

 

 


"Ok. So that's our last song for the day. I hope we gave you the entertainment you need everyday." Chen spoke lively as he finished his line with a smile.

 

 

 


"Weekend is coming so better spend it wisely. I'm your DJ Baekhyun."

 

 

 


"And DJ Chen, speaking, is logging off."

 

 

 


Their ending music played. Baekhyun pushed back his chair and walked calmly. He looked around the area but the person he was waiting for wasn't here. He tried to search on the hallway but, there was no one there. He was almost disappointed since he was waiting for his special someone. He came back to his station and listened to the music that was being played on air. Chen decided not to speak to him because he felt like Baekhyun was not feeling well. He wished that man would come here by now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Chanyeol arrived at Baekhyun's radio station but he wasn't sure why was he here. He felt very shy but he kept in his mind that there’s no reason to be shy since Baekhyun and him already knew each other after all. He needed someone to talk to. Someone who was capable of listening. He knew that DJ Baekhyun was used to this kind of thing. He didn't want to talk to somebody else but, he wasn't sure why he chose Baekhyun. His body took him here. When he stepped out of his car, he saw a familiar car beside his. He used to see this car before but he couldn't remember who owns it. Finally, someone stepped out the car. A person he least expected to come over this place. They were both surprised when they saw each other. Their eyes grew bigger when they saw each other.

 

 

 

 

"Kai, what are you doing here?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

It's good to be back, readers!! I'm going to spend my semestral break for my story so stay tuned. I'm sorry if I didn't managed to update this story every week but then, I was happy for continuing my story. ^_^

I hope you like my comebcak chapter. Stay tuned and keep supporting. <3

I love you sooooooo muuuuuuuch ^_^