Chapter 6: Big Explosion!

The Second Time Around

 

 

"Hi DJ Baekhyun. You are truly great in person. I’m speechless!"

 

 


"Don't be shy. This is our first encounter, isn't it? Feel comfortable to speak."

 

 


Baekhyun and Chen had been talking to a lot of teenagers in the mall. They have been also signing a lot of photocards and receiving a lot of gifts from their fans. Baekhyun felt overwhelmed because he could see the effort and love of his fans for them. This experience was a first time but he didn't get nervous. The girl in front of him gave him an album to sign. He wasn't an artist but the album looked familiar.

 

 


"Would you mind to sign on Kai's album?" He smiled a little when he saw Kai's face on his album. He giggled a little and looked at the girl again. The girl talked to him but she was shy.

 

 


"I am also Kai's fan so, I want the both of you to sign his album. Can you?" Baekhyun took a look on his boyfriend's album before he could sign it. He never had a chance to watch any live performances of Kai. He thought that it was going to be weird if he showed up on his performances. But, Kai wanted him to watch him. Baekhyun refused in every offer that Kai gave him but he thought twice on his last offer since it was going to be their anniversary. Baekhyun signed the back of the album and smiled. His fan transferred to Chen and another fan approached him.

 

 


Suddenly, while having a chat with the fan, he glanced sideways and saw someone that he thought was familiar to him. He stopped for a while and looked at the man he saw. His world stopped he can’t hear a thing. It seemed that the man that was looking at him wanted to get him but, they couldn't get closer. Suddenly, flashbacks and voices were in his head. He thought that he was crazy and hallucinating.

 

 


"Eunhyuk, I'm happy to see you again."

 

 


He heard a high pitched tone on his head and he had a terrible headache. He bit his lower lip and and closed his eyes.  He rested his back on his chair and the fan was worried about him. "Baekhyun oppa, are you okay?"

 

 


He took a deep breath and got a little better. He just smiled so the fans wouldn't worry about him. Chen also noticed what happened to Baekhyun a while ago so he asked his partner if he was fine. Baekhyun just nodded. Baekhyun actually felt a little dizzy but he wanted this fan meeting to go well so he didn't tell anybody what he felt.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    On the other hand, Chanyeol felt the same way. He also felt a headache but he was able to bear it while he was walking. He has no idea who it was, the man he saw in his mind. He also wondered who Donghae was. He wanted to go back to the event center but he had an important business to do. Finally, they arrived at the conference room with the CEO inside. The guards let Chanyeol and his companions go inside. They sat at the side of the long table and the CEO on the front seat. Chanyeol was trying to relax since his head was still aching. The CEO started to introduce herself. "I'm CEO Im Yoona. I'm sorry if we are a bit busy because of the event on the mall."

 

 


"No. It's okay. We came here late because of some...." Suho was trying to apologize about their tardiness but Chanyeol interrupted him.

 

 


"Who are the people on the event center?" Chanyeol's voice was deep and cold. The rest of the people inside got their attention because he asked a question so sudden. The CEO just smiled and leaned closely to the table.

 

 


"The famous djs in the Spotlight. DJ Baekhyun and DJ Chen." Sehun just nodded his head and looked around while Suho continued talking because he thought that Chanyeol was acting rude again. Chanyeol began thinking of that person he saw a while ago. He couldn't remember who it was so he wanted to go back to the event center to see if the man was still there.

 

 


"I want to go back to the event center. I wanted to check on something." Chanyeol dashed off from the room while Suho tried to stop him but it was too late. Sehun apologized for Chanyeol’s attitude but the CEO understood it. He thought that Chanyeol was also a fan of the djs. Chanyeol ran off to the event center as fast as he could. He even bumped to some of people and he was immediately recognized. He tried to push some people aside and showed in front of Baekhyun. He was surprised that he wasn't the person he saw a while ago but they were in the same position.

 

 


"Chanyeol...."

 

 


Baekhyun just called him softly and he could see that Chanyeol was trying to catch his breath. He wondered what he was doing here. The fans of the djs began to chitchat and to whisper to each other. It was really weird that an award-winning actor would show up here as if he rushed. Chanyeol was just looking at him and he felt that he was humiliated in front of a lot of people. Some fans began posting on their SNS. Chen tried to talk to him but Chanyeol began to speak.

 

 


"I'm sorry. From now on, I don't want to see you again." Chanyeol said in a low tone and Baekhyun was surprised with what he said. He didn't know what he has done to the actor. He wanted to ask Chanyeol about it but the actor immediately walked away. Anyone could think that he was really weird on doing that. After barging into his fan meeting, he was the one who seemed mad.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the meeting with the CEO, the trio was on the car, getting back to their agency building and Manager Kim opened the topic on what happened a while ago. The manager accepted the offer of the CEO towards the endorsement. While having their conversation, Chanyeol’s mind seemed to fly in another matters. Sitting on the back seat and looking away from the window, he was asked "What the hell happened to you?"

 

 


Chanyeol didn't reply and the manager let out a deep sigh. The car was silent for few seconds when Sehun spoke in shock. He saw an article about what happened on the DJ's fan meeting. Sehun didn't want to tell this but it must be known by their team. "Actor Park Chanyeol barged on the Spotlight DJs fan meeting. Unknown connections between DJ Baekhyun and Actor Park Chanyeol."

 

 


Sehun stared at Chanyeol and Joonmyeon scratched the back of his head because of annoyance. They both don't know what to do with this this issue. They bet that they were going to be cooked alive in the office. They both waited for explanation from Chanyeol but still, there wasn't any reaction. Joonmyeon was really frustrated about it so, he shouted while driving. "TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED!"

 

 


Chanyeol moved a bit in his seat and leaned his head behind. He yawned first and began speaking. "It's nothing. The media only gave meanings on it but it wasn't really serious."

 

 


"Use your brain, Park Chanyeol. You know media is powerful. Didn't you learned on the past? The break up that almost..."

 

 


"Shut up. The past has no relation with the present. I will speak to the public to clarify everything." Chanyeol returned to his position a while ago while his manager relaxed for his words. Chanyeol began thinking about what happened several months ago but for him, it was still fresh for him. His world started to get crushed on that moment. The moment when the one he loves wanted to let him go because it was too hard for them. The world of media wasn't easy as it looks like. Relationships could be one of the reasons of breaking down of their career. Chanyeol could say that he had moved on but that was his darkest moment of his life. He wanted to change for the sake of his love one. He told himself that if he could bring up the past, he would change himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Baekhyun and Chen finished their show and Baekhyun was still worried on what happened to Chanyeol. He thought that the issue would bother him. He apologized to the people and to Chanyeol publicly but some of their callers called Chanyeol as a rude person. He tried to explain everything but they were insisting that it wasn't still right. For him, it was still a big trouble. Chen tried to help him but nothing changed. They ended the show sadly because a fanwar began on the SNS and some callers are Chanyeol's fan, bashing and hating on them. A rumor arose that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had a secret relationship and that was going overboard.

 

 


After the show, Kai and Baekhyun met on the rooftop of Baekhyun's condominium. Kai handed him a can of softdrink. Kai didn't want to see Baekhyun that depressed. It was also sad for Kai for seeing his loved one sad. He slowly put his arms around Baekhyun and the small boy didn't react. Actually, it was helping Baekhyun to get relaxed. "I saw the articles on the internet. A lot of rumor arose. As your boyfriend, it’s also burden for me."

 

 


"I don't know what to do. I already did the things that can clear the issue but none of them seemed to help."

 

 


"I think you and Chanyeol must talk together on public. I know that it won't be that effective but it can help settle things down." Baekhyun looked at him in disagreement since Chanyeol told him that he didn't want to see him. He felt scared on his boyfriend's idea but he wanted to believe him. Suddenly, his phone rang and he answered it. It was their company director and he thought that he was about to get scolded. He was surprised with what he heard.

 

 


"Baekhyun, you have a guesting on a celebrity show with Chanyeol. Is that fine with you?" He was surprised that Kai's idea was very common and simple. Since he was fresh from his environment, he was really a newbie on things like this. He agreed with it and the director was happy with him. He hung up the phone and hugged Kai quickly.

 

 


"What is it?"

 

 


"I didn't expect that you’ll end up with an idea so common."

 

 


"I know but it will help. I'm always here for you." Kai put around his arms on Baekhyun's waist. Baekhyun felt really warm when Kai hugged him. He felt very happy for having Kai with him now even though he has a busy schedule. he wished that his boyfriend would never leave him alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    Luhan was on his building when he called Tao, his bodyguard, for an assignment. They were in the terrace of the building having hot coffee for the morning. He had read the issue about Park Chanyeol, which he known as Mr. Park's son. He wasn't that shocked about it, he was just up to something. "I want you to investigate about Mr. Park's kids, Park Yoora and Park Chanyeol. Look for any interesting ideas with them."

 

 


Tao reached the pictures of the Parks and looked at them carefully. He knew Park Chanyeol's face since he was a famous actor so, he heldthe pictures and left. But, he came back and asked for the reason about this assignment. "What is this for?"

 

 


Luhan put down his cup on the saucer. He stood up and looked around the city. The air and the sunlight is pleasant this morning and it was very relaxing. He yawned and covered his mouth before answering. "It may be helpful for some of my plans. You may go."

 

 


Tao was a long time guard for Luhan, even in China, but this was the first time that he was clueless about his plans. Luhan sounded very weird about it but Tao had no choice, he left and from the terrace and Luhan opened his phone and opened an article. It was a long time article and the time washed it away so it was ignored this time but Luhan might just bring it up again along with his unknown plans.

 

 


"I'm going to get everything that is mine back."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


    On the same day, Chanyeol was with his manager and Sehun inside the conference room of their company. The whole room was quiet, Sehun was looking on his phone and Chanyeol was sleeping while sitting. They were about to have a meeting with Baekhyun and his director. Baekhyun asked for this since Chanyeol didn't want to see him so he had a formal meeting with them. Chanyeol and Baekhyun took a smart move and he was nice to see that Baekhyun was using his brain. But, deep inside of him, he was actually very sorry for him. He wanted to give an apology but he knew in himself that he isn't that kind of person.

 

 


Suddenly, Baekhyun and his director arrived in the room. Everyone stood up except for Chanyeol. He meant to show his real attitude since there were only the five of them. Baekhyun couldn't take a look on Chanyeol after what happened. "Good Morning to the both of you. This evening, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are going to have their interview about the issue. I want the both of you to just smile and act like nothing happened."

 

 


"Act like friends to look much better," the director added. Baekhyun wasn't reacting as well as Chanyeol but Joonmyeon and the director continued planning about the interview. Chanyeol didn't like their idea at all. He knew that he was good at coping with his attitude but he didn't like to fake interactions with other people.

 

 


"Don't listen to them."

 

 


Baekhyun and the rest looked at Chanyeol in surprise. His manager looked att he ground, upset, since his boy was acting rude again. There were few minutes of silence and Baekhyun lowered his head because he could feel that something must be in trouble before they would speak in front of the people. Chanyeol sat up and said, "Please leave the room everyone."

 

 


He pointed at Baekhyun and the small boy was surprised about it. "Except for you."

 

 


Sehun and Joonmyeon was already standing while the director didn't know what was happening. The director wanted to ask Chanyeol but Joonmyeon pulled him away from the room. Sehun closed the door silently. Baekhyun didn't know what Chanyeol's up to but he thought that it could be a good idea. Chanyeol was just staring at Baekhyun just across him. Baekhyun tapped his fingers on his leg as he could see that Chanyeol was still on the same position.

 

 


"Speak."

 

 


Baekhyun looked at him but he quickly looked away from him. Chanyeol actually wanted him to speak about this issue so, they would have a better plan. For Chanyeol, it wasn't fair if their managers would come up for a plan without their consent. Chanyeol leaned closely to the table and Baekhyun was startled. The dj thought that Chanyeol wanted to scold him and was really mad at him.

 

 


"Let the two of us talk about this and come up with a plan. We both invested a lot in our career so, I think we should have an agreement about the event." Baekhyun bit his lower lip and could now look at Chanyeol. The little boy tried to think on something that Chanyeol could agree with. Chanyeol was still waiting as he rested his back and crossed his arms. Finally, Baekhyun came up with an idea but he would be gambling his life with this one.

 

 


"Okay. Here's what I'm thinking about....."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Kai was on his way where Baekhyun and Chanyeol would have their interview. While on his car, he called Chen to find out what will happen on that show. As the dj's lover, he would be investigating every angle of the situation and to make sure if his angel was fine.

 

 


"I don't know what exactly is going to happen but I heard that Baekhyun and our director had a meeting with Chanyeol's side," Chen said on the other side. Kai was gently steering his car to turn and glanced at both sides. He was surprised upon hearing what happened between the actor and the dj. In the first place, Baekhyun didn't tell him about Chanyeol being his friend.

 

 


"Did Baekhyun tell you about him and Chanyeol?" Chen remembered when Baekhyun went to Chanyeol's house but it wasn't that important since Baekhyun just returned the phone and nothing happened.

 

 


"No. We only had Chanyeol on our radio show one time." Kai knew that Chanyeol wasn't a friendly person after all but how come that Baekhyun and Chanyeol knew each other? He kept on questioning himself so, he wanted to get some answers. He thought that something wasn't right between them.
"So, we have the controversial stars from the radio and on TV. Please welcome, DJ Baekhyun and Actor Park Chanyeol!" The host gladly welcomed them on stage and Baekhyun was startled that a lot of fans came to see them. He felt that his heart was about to fall down to his stomach. He could see some of Chanyeol's fans who were glaring at him but then, he thought that if he made one wrong move, everything would be ruined. The host offered them a seat across from them.

 

 


"I know that you two were aware about the issue. Can you tell something about it?" Baekhyun was about to speak but Chanyeol was fast so, the actor told them about it. After all, it was on the plan. Baekhyun would only speak if he was asked since he was really fragile and a beginner in things like this.

 

 


"In other words, you gate-crashed on that event?"

 

 


"No. No. I was actually his fan and I was just surprised to see him on the mall so, I approached him wildly." Chanyeol turned to the audience to speak but he wasn't willing to do this. He just wanted to end this problem. Chanyeol cleared his throat as the whole set went silent for a moment.

 

 


"I wanted to say sorry to his fans for acting rude in front of you. I promise not to do that again and think of my actions the next time. Thank you." The audience gave him a round of applause and Baekhyun smiled lightly but Chanyeol looked at him in annoyance. Baekhyun wasn't startled but he was amazed on how Chanyeol could change his mood in split second.

 

 


"That was very sincere, Chanyeol. But, according to some sources, you two are in a relationship and have some misunderstanding so Chanyeol barged into that event. Is this true?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other in surprise. This wasn't in their plan so, Chanyeol thought very quickly and started to talk when suddenly, one familiar face again stole his microphone.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Greetings everyone! This is me, Idol Kai. I just wanted to clarify that these two aren't in a relationship but instead, Baekhyun and I are about to celebrate our anniversary."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope you liked the new chapter. <3
Stay tuned for the next updates. Bye.

Thank you :D