Chapter 8: How Have You Been?

The Second Time Around

                Baekhyun was cycling on his way back home when he noticed that there was an exhibit on their place. He loved the cool breeze of air in the island so, he often go cycling alone. It has been 3 months since he left Seoul and all of his pain. This place helped him for his gradual recovery. He helped his Uncle on some things like farming and taking care of animals. His Uncle had a agricultural business and Baekhyun found it interesting. He stopped at the sidewalk for a while and started thinking about going inside the exhibit. He wasn't really interested with these things. He was just surprised to see such things like an exhibit on their place.

 

 

 


"No one can recognize me if I go inside, right?" Baekhyun was talking to himself as he moved his sight around the place. He was making sure that the people inside were few. He parked his bicycle at the side of the place and made his entrance to exhibit. By just looking around, he could tell that this exhibit was about historical arts. He put on his hoodie and walked casually. He wanted to make sure that no one could recognize him.

 

 

 


As he walked around, not far from him, he noticed a big painting from his sight. Few people were their so, he thought that it would be safe if he walked around on that area. He walked briskly as he reached the painting in front of him. He felt small after facing the painting. He put out his hoodie and stared at the painting. He found that every details of the painting were convincing. It looked like a photograph.

 

 

 


Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice on his side. His eyes grew big and his hands were sweating. He was thinking about leaving the place but it was too late. Someone recognized him.

 

 

 


"Baekhyun?"

 

 

 


It was Chanyeol. He didn't know how to respond to the taller boy. He had a part on his dilemma back then but he couldn't blame Chanyeol. It was already in the past. All he could do was to try to move forward and face the track he chose. Chanyeol was waving his hands in front of Baekhyun because the little boy was staring off in space.

 

 

 


"Ooh... Uhmm..."

 

 

 


Baekhyun's eyes was shaky and his heart was about to explode since he didn't know what to say to Chanyeol. He's been away from star-studded people and exposed with sea breeze. He suddenly felt that he couldn't talk to people he supposed to know. But, Chanyeol was pissed for making him look like an idiot in front of Baekhyun.

 

 

 


"Hey. I'm talking to you." Chanyeol crossed his arms and started frowning.

 

 

 


"Hey. It's.... been..... a while then." Baekhyun was faking a giggle to lighten up Chanyeol's mood but it wasn't effective. He knew that Chanyeol wasn't a soft-hearted person. He only smiles in front of the camera which captures the heart of his fans. Chanyeol was just staring at him. He didn't know what to do or what to say.

 

 

 


"Is that all?" Chanyeol's eyes was glaring at him and his voice began to sound deep.

 

 

 


"What do you mean?"

 

 

 


"A lot of things changed when you were away and that's all you're going to say?" Baekhyun closed his fist and bit his lower lip as he began to feel some pressure in his head. He didn't know what happened in the city. He wasn't watching nor listening to the radios and TVs. He isolated himself from the media and embraced the beauty of nature.

 

 

 


"I'm sorry but I don't know anything."

 

 

 


"You should come with me."  Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's wrist and made their way out of the exhibit. His manager and Sehun was surprised on what was happening between them again. The two blocked their way and Chanyeol pointed at Sehun.

 

 

 


"Give me the keys. Don't dare follow us." Chanyeol grabbed the keys on Sehun's hands and dashed away from them. Chanyeol's staff were surprised because they were supressed by Chanyeol's arrogance. Sehun scratched the back of his head while Manager Kim had his mouth opened. They both didn't know about Chanyeol's plan with Baekhyun so, they were both in panic of what would happen between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    "This informations were enough. Thank you." Tao left Luhan on his room and Luhan began scanning some context about Chanyeol and Yoora. It contained some basic informations and past issues about them. Luhan continued on scanning as he pouted his lips put the papers down. He continued on scrolling in his laptop about a past incident between a Chinese company and Mr. Park's company was involved in that incident. Luhan started to look so serious when he was reviewing some text about the incident.

 

 

 


"Even his children didn't know anything. They should a little bit about it." Luhan was talking to himself as he stopped scrolling the page. He saw a picture of a Chinese businessman and Mr. Park shaking hands while smiling. Meanwhile, Luhan's phone began ringing and it was an unknown number. He slid his fingers and leaned his phone on his ears.

 

 

 


"How's the investigation?" He began to hear some noise on the other line.

 

 

 


"Everything was clean. There's no evidence that Mr. Park was involved with your father's death." Luhan frowned in disgust. He brushed his fingers on his hands and sighed deeply. He was a bit disappointed but he knew that it was possible.

 

 

 


"Fine. Just continue on looking for some information. I'll never stop until I found something." Luhan ended the call and rested his back on his seat. He closed his eyes and began taking a nap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A lot of cameras were flashing in the lobby of the airport while a famous man was walking along the way. He was taking his way straightly while the press was keep on giving him some questions. It was the famous singer Do Kyungsoo, who had finished his asian tour and ready to take a rest. His bodyguards kept on shoving off the press while they kept on asking questions. Suddenly, Kyungsoo stopped walking when he heard a surprise question.

 

 

 


"Are the issues between your relationship with Chanyeol settled, Mr. Do Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo stared from away and gave off a little smile. He faced the person who asked the question and answered it.

 

 

 


"Everything's fine. We were just taking our own roads." Kyungsoo continued to walk until he reached a white car. He opened the car and quickly hid himself inside the car. He felt pissed when someone asked about Chanyeol, his ex-boyfriend. He couldn't believe that people still couldn't forget about it. He thought everything was done until he felt an ache on his chest.

 

 

 


"This is pathetic." He opened his phone and he saw that Chanyeol was having a business in Jeju Island. He acted like he didn't care about it but something popped out on his mind. He stopped every movement he was doing and looked away from the window.

 

 

 


"I can't believe that I couldn't forget about you, Park Chanyeol."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol softly but then, the other boy didn't listened to him. He forced Baekhyun to get inside the car as he swiftly got on the driver's seat. Baekhyun knew that if someone sees him, he would be trouble once again. He started sweating on the back of his neck and continuously shaking his legs. He tried to ask Chanyeol once again but he didn't get a reply.

 

 

 


As their trip went long, Baekhyun noticed that they were not taking the route to the airport. he started to look around and there were few vehicles around. He gave Chanyeol a confused stare but the taller boy didn't move an inch. Baekhyun sighed deeply and pressed his finger on the other's arm.

 

 

 


"Hey. What is this?" Still, Chanyeol was focused on the road as he saw a refreshing place ahead of them.

 

 

 


"I didn't meant to bother your moving-on-vacation but will you join me here?" Chanyeol said while parking the car on the side. Baekhyun just nodded slowly as they went out of the car. Chanyeol walked peacefully as they stroll around the area. Baekhyun was wandering his eyes because it was his first time to see the place.

 

 

 


"I thought you've been staying here for a long time but it seems that it's your first time."

 

 

 


"You didn't talked to me in the car. You forced me to join you in this place. And then, you're going to talk to me like nothing happened?!" Baekhyun was a bit displeased on Chanyeol's attitude even though he knew that Chanyeol's personality.

 

 

 


"Look who's talking." Baekhyun stared at him in full disgust. He wanted to punch Chanyeol's face but he remembered that this gorgeous man was an actor. After few minutes, he was mesmerized by the scenery he was seeing. The wind blows soflty and the sun shone lightly on them. He could see the flowers and the trees below them.

 

 

 


"Wow. This is a perfect view of Mt. Hallasan. How did you know this place?" Baekhyun had a sudden change of heart as he fell in love with the scenery.

 

 

 


"How have you been?"

 

 

 


"What?" Baekhyun began to felt nervous. He didn't know what Chanyeol meant about what he said.

 

 

 


"You know. After that incident." Chanyeol couldn't get to the point. He couldn't say it directly because he felt shy. It wasn't his thing on saying something like this.

 

 

 


"Okay. I'm sorry. I felt guilty too." Chanyeol faced Baekhyun as he said those. He put his hands inside his pocket and his ears started to get red. For him, this was too embarassing. Apologizing wasn't his norm. He even thought on why was he doing this but he just thought that he could get over his guilt once he said this to Baekhyun.

 

 

 


"Why are you even sorry? Everything's fine now, you don't have to -"

 

 

 


"It seems that you've been very isolated." Baekhyun started to get his mind puzzled.

 

 

 


"You didn't even heard a single thing about Kai?" Baekhyun felt pain inside him. He admitted that it still hurt even if he heard just his name. He was speechless. He didn't know if he's going to ask or not.

 

 

 


"He was miserable these days, you know? According to his manager, Kai wasn't accepting any offers and in any moment, his career can shut down."

 

 

 


Baekhyun wasn't sure about his feelings. He thought that he already forgot everything about them but he felt something painful was arising on his body. He turned his attention to the scenery and started to get teary. "He must learn how to get over from it."

 

 

 


Chanyeol looked away from the sky and sighed deeply. "I know. I didn't also know why am I caring for him anyways."

 

 

 


Chanyeol giggled lightly and Baekhyun's eyes grew bigger. He turned quickly to Chanyeol and looked surprised. Giggling was not a Chanyeol thing. "It was surprising that you giggled."

 

 

 


"It was also surprising that I am with you."

 

 

 

 

The space between them became really silent. You could hear the leaves brushing against each other and breeze of the wind. They didn't know that their hearts fluttered at the same time as Chanyeol spoke those words. They didn't understand why is this happening but they both thought, this felt good.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sehun and Manager Kim was in their room in the hotel. Manager Kim was walking back and forth while Sehun couldn't help staring at him. Sehun got pissed on the manager and grabbed his leg to stop walking. "Could you please stop for a while? It's so annoying."

 

 

 


"How could I stop? Our star is outside and outside is dangerous. Our star is a public figure. How could trust people these days?" Manager Kim started to walk back and forth again while Sehun laid his back on the bed when suddenly, the manager's phone rang. They were both startled so, Manager Kim grabbed his phone quickly.

 

 

 


"This is Manager Kim of Park Chanyeol! Is this -"

 

 

 


"Oh manager, it's nice to hear you again." A familiar voice spoke in the phone. The manager put away his ears on the phone and put it into loudspeakers. The other line continued to talk while they were trying to know who it was.

 

 

 


"I missed you and Park Chanyeol so much. How have you been?" They exchanged stares at each other to give some answers but nothing came out.

 

 

 


"Uhmm, excuse me. Who is this?" Manager Kim bit his lower lip because he was to nervous that Chanyeol might be in danger.

 

 

 


"Oh. This is Do Kyungsoo. It was a shame not to introduce myself." Sehun made an O-shaped mouth while Manager Kim pretended to be happy as he heard Kyungsoo's name. Sehun started to whisper that they were busy because if Chanyeol knew about this, they didn't know what will happen to their lives.

 

 

 


"It seems you're back, Kyungsoo but we were sorry because we kind of busy right now because, you know, manager duties." Manager Kim gave him a fake laugh but the other line didn't gave attention to that. Sehun was tapping the closet beside him and signaling him to kill the phone.

 

 

 


"Oh. I'm sorry but I wanted to tell Chanyeol that I want meet him on weekends, can you pass that to Chanyeol?" Kyungsoo was giving off his sweet voice but Manager Kim gulped hard. When he was about to speak, Kyungsoo interrupted.

 

 

 


"Or I will go to him whenever I wanted if he didn't agree with it. Thank you, manager Kim." Manager Kim felt devastated because it smelled that it could be another trouble for Chanyeol. He shook off his hair while Sehun got up from his position.

 

 

 


"We should tell him as soon as possible. We cannot let our star off guard." Manager Kim nodded hard so started to walk back and forth again while shaking his hair. Sehun thought that this wasn't the right thing to do, they must contact Chanyeol right away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


In a pitch dark room, with a lot of soju bottles around the floor, opened chips and glasses on the closets, Kai was on his bed, having a heavy feeling flowing into his body. He has been on this state after Baekhyun left Seoul. His world broke down and he could've think straight on what to do next. All he wanted was to have Baekhyun back to his arms. He couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun. Was he eating well? Where did he went? Was he doing good? Did he had a good day? All of these questions were running on Kai's head. For him, letting Baekhyun go was the most painful decision to him.

 

 

 


Suddenly, Kai's phone was ringing. His manager was calling him. It was the 215th time that his manager called but he wasn't bothered. He was just roaming around his room, gulping a glass of soju, taking a shower for hours, in other words, his day was always dull. Other people would not believe on what happened to the star after all of his achievements.

 

 

 


After few more minutes, a voice message came out from his telephone. "Hello Kim Jongin, this is your long-time friend, Do Kyungsoo. You haven't been active these days so, I'm inviting you to my homecoming party in Jeju Island this weekend. I'm expecting you to come."

 

 

 


The voice message ended with a beep tone. Kai was also surprised that Kyungsoo came back. So, after hearing it, he opened his eyes slowly and started to get up. He has this feeling that he needed to go to that party. Maybe, because of Kyungsoo or something interesting may happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Is this your place?" Chanyeol asked him coldly as they both removed their seatbelts. Baekhyun wasn't moving on his seat when Chanyeol was about to get out. Chanyeol stared at him blankly and he couldn't figure out why Baekhyun was staring from afar.

 

 

 


"I'm going to answer your question a while ago." Their eyes started to meet and Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun's eyes were shaking, as there were tears going to fall.

 

 

 


"How I have been? I'm doing great here. Life here is much easier than in the city." The air inside the car started to get emotional while Chanyeol was getting into it.

 

 

 


"But I have to admit, feeling lonely is the most painful emotion in my life." Baekhyun's tears were running on his cheeks while he started to gasp some air. Chanyeol patted his shoulders and got out from the car. Chanyeol was speechless about Baekhyun's feeling. He didn't know what to do or simply, how to comfort someone.

 

 

 


While they were walking down to Baekhyun's place, Chanyeol finally spoke out to him. "Look. I'm not forcing you to come back or even talk to Kai. I'm with you because I'm sorry. Nothing more."

 

 

 


Baekhyun smiled a bit while Chanyeol stopped walking. He could see that Baekhyun was walking away from him and there was an urge from his heart that he couldn't help. He was trying to help himself but it was really forcing him to do it. Chanyeol was nervous about this but he started to call Baekhyun and walked quickly to him.

 

 

 


"I feel like I had to do this."

 

 

 


Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his arms and embraced him tightly like there was no tomorrow. They were under the moonlight as the wind blowed softly. Chanyeol felt like he was the happiest person in the world and started to have tears. Baekhyun also felt like warm and safe in Chanyeol's arms. He wanted to get away but his feelings are too strong. He liked it. He felt like love was conquering their hearts.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

So so so I'm welcoming myself back on writing because I felt that I must continue writing again hahahahahaha. Thanks for the long wait!!!!!!