Chapter 3: The Radio Show

The Second Time Around

 

 

    Chanyeol was walking down the stairs as he saw Jaehyun preparing his breakfast. He was still feeling sleepy and wanted to get more sleep but his alarm clock went off and he had to get up. He could smell the the omelette and bacon being cooked on the pan. It made him really hungry so he walked down coolly and saw Jaehyun wearing an apron. Chanyeol sat at the dining table as Jaehyun put the fried rice down. He was almost done preparing, even the coffee was ready. Chanyeol was impressed with his performance being the housemaid. "Good morning hyung."

 

 

 


Chanyeol was pissed at his housekeeper by calling him hyung. Although it was politely said, it seemed that Jaehyun didn't remember that he was a superstar. He wanted to be treated like a prince in his own house but, he called him hyung?! "You know who I am, don’t you?"

 

 

 


"Of course, you are Park Chanyeol hyung." Jaehyun served the coffee on a white mug for Chanyeol. Jaehyun smiled at the actor after filling the mug. Chanyeol was really irritated with him for not treating him as he pleases. It seemed that the kid didn't get his point.

 

 

 


"You didn't get me. I mean.... Nevermind. Let’s just eat." Actually, Chanyeol was kind but ever since, he was always picky. Since Jaehyun did a great job on his first stay here, Chanyeol wanted to eat with him. He also wanted to talk to him in an intellectual way since, he thought that the kid was intelligent but he came up with an unexpected topic. Jaehyun slowly sat not too far from Chanyeol’s and grabbed his spoon.

 

 

 


"Do you know Byun Baekhyun?" Chanyeol gulped the food on his mouth when he saw the kid looking excited at the sound of his name. He was about to start eating but he put his spoon down just to talk about Byun Baekhyun. He didn't expect that he would be that famous in just a year. He has a really great impact towards people. 

 

 

 


"The Spotlight radio show? How can I not know them? They are really famous. DJ Baekhyun and DJ Chen is in the spotlight~ Oh yeah~ Oh yeah~ We're in the spotlight~" Jaehyun was singing the intro song of the Spotlight show. Chanyeol remembered that that show airs during night. Then his guesting would be at night. He also remembered that Sehun used to listen to that show on the car but Chanyeol ignored it all the time. 

 

 

 


"Stop singing. You're not funny." Jaehyun stopped and smiled at the actor and continued eating. Chanyeol saw that the boy has a massive appetite. He seemed not to chew the food but Chanyeol let him eat anything on the table. Chanyeol took a gulped on his coffee and wondered why he just asked him a lot of things about Byun Baekhyun. Was he really that curious about that boy he saw just last night? He couldn't understand what he did but he told himself that that was the end of it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Congratulations, DJ Baekhyun for doing a great job last night." The whole radio team gave him an applause for his performance at the awards night. They were all proud that one of their newly born DJs hosted a prestigious event. Everyone in the meeting area thought that he was really amazing. Further much of their talk, the head of the radio team announced the schedule of the week. Chen and Baekhyun saw that that their show’s length of airing has extended from 1 hour to 2 hours since they were a lot of requests from their fans who wanted to have a long interaction with them and the management granted their wish.

 

 

 


"The Spotlight Show will now be aired for two hours! I hope you would spend your time well. By the way, tonight, the back-to-back best actor of Baeksang awards would be your guest. Do your best, okay?" Chen nodded while Baekhyun felt nervous once again. He felt nervous, because this would be another first for him. To talk with an award-winning actor! The director dismissed them and they got back to their work. The duo had a lot of time to spend since their show was still at night.

 

 

 


"Are you nervous again?" Jongdae put his arms around his friend who looked uneasy. Baekhyun just faked a smile at his friend as he thought about things that might happen later. Suddenly, Chanyeol's manager appeared in front of them. Kim Joonmyeon was happy to see them since he wanted to talk with them privately.

 

 

 


"Oh. It's Chayeol's manager." Chen extended his hand out and they shook hands while Baekhyun gave him a polite bow. The manager was also feeling a bit uneasy because truth is, he came here to talk about a personal matter.

 

 

 


"I just wanted to talk to you about my talent, Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun and Chen gave him a confused look. It became even weirder when worry flashed at Joonmyeon's face. Actually, Joonmyeon has always been doing this whenever Chanyeol was about to guest a show. Chanyeol was an impatient and a short-tempered kid. 

 

 

 


"Uhh.. Chanyeol is really sensitive in all aspects. Don't talk about his family. It’s something really confidential for him."

 

 

 


"Why wouldn't he want to talk about it? The fans might ask that later.” Chen was worried because one of their segments is a fan-idol interaction. All the fans are free to ask their questions.

 

 

 


"Just do whatever you can to stay away from that matter." Baekhyun and Chen looked at each other and didn't know what to do to make that happen. It was their first time to have a guest who was picky and sensitive on some topics. They didn't know what would happen later but they wished it would still be successful. The duo stood up and bowed down as manager Kim walked away from them. Baekhyun felt more nervous while Chen felt really frustrated, thinking how to handle the award winning actor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was ready and was just waiting for his manager to pick him up. He's just been waiting for few minutes now but Chanyeol was a very impatient person. His forehead creased as his eyes dart up the wall clock. Jaehyun was mopping the floor. He was curious as to why would Chanyeol have to wait if he could drive himself alone. Jaehyun just sighed and continued doing his job. Suddenly, a woman appeared from the doorway the actor was obviously shocked.

 

 

 


"What are you doin-" The lady rushed to him and hugged him tightly as she began to kiss him on the cheeks. Jaehyun felt awkward and surprised with what he saw. He turned around and continued cleaning like nothing happened.

 

 

 


"It's been a while, Yeollie-ah!!" Park Chanyeol held the lady's shoulders with his wide arms to prevent her from doing something embarrassing. Actually, she was Chanyeol's older sister, Park Yoora. She is a news anchor on a news program in national television. When Chanyeol was still undergoing an acting workshop, Park Yoora was a rookie reporter on a certain news program. And now, they were both big names in the Korean Show Business. 

 

 

 


"Noona, you should have called me first before going here. You had me really frightened by your sudden appearance." His sister smiled at him as she pinched Chanyeol's cheeks really hard and stretched. Jaehyun remembered who the lady in front of Chanyeol was and he was. He was stunned by her beauty. Yoora noticed the teenage boy who mopping the floor and was about to greet him but Chanyeol  interrupted her.

 

 

 


"He's my housekeeper since I can't manage all the chores to be done at my house everyday." Yoora’s mouth formed an O and she recklessly pulled Chanyeol and reached the door but the tall guy managed to his sister's grip. Chanyeol gave her sister a questioning look while his sister sighed. It seemed that Yoora didn't go here just to visit his little brother.

 

 

 


"Didn't your manager tell you?" Chanyeol was really confused now. His manager haven't answered or returned any of his calls.

 

 

 


"I'm going to pick you up and bring you to the radio station. I'm going to be your temporary manager for this night." Chanyeol's brows met as he made a mental note to talk about this with his manager as soon as he sees him. He loves his sister but knowing her, she is really stubborn and talkative that even just a night with her being his manager wouldn’t work out. He doesn’t want to hear any scolding from her tonight which is impossible. Suddenly, his sister grabbed his wrist once again and this time, Chanyeol didn't resist since he knew that his sister is unstoppable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Baekhyun was already sitting at his chair while Chen was still talking to their staff. Baekhyun's hand was freezing cold, bearing in mind the topic to stay away from. He was overthinking now. What if he said something that is inappropriate when it comes to Chanyeol? He drank from his bottle of water and let out a deep sigh. They only have 15 minutes left but Chanyeol still wasn’t there. Meanwhile, Chen sat beside him and put his headphones on. They started checking the microphones. "Park Chanyeol is here. Get ready."

 

 

 


Baekhyun's pulse started to beat faster at the signal. He looked at his fellow DJ and envied his cool and calm attitude for tonight’s program. "Good Evening citizens of Korea! I'm Dj Chen."

 

 

 


"And I'm Dj Baekhyun in The Spotlight Show!" Their famous introduction song played. A lot of people were wondering who their guest would be this time since they invite a lot of stars from Korea: athletes, kpop stars, actors and actresses. Before the interview with Park Chanyeol, the show started with the fan-idol interaction. Chen and Baekhyun read some posts for them in SNS. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was sitting with Park Yoora in the waiting room while listening for the famous DJs.

 

 

 


"They are really great in hosting their show, huh. Really flexible in all aspects. You should be like that." Chanyeol looked at her and thought about what she said. He didn't know what her sister meant about being flexible. Why would he adjust to things when he is already an award-winning actor?

 

 

 


"You should learn to just go with the flow. That's what a great artist is." Chanyeol knew what she talking about but he wasn't sure if he could just go with the flow. But she was right, an artist should be able tp move out of his comfort zone.

 

 

 


"Let's welcome tonight's guest, the back-to-back best actor of Baeksang awards, Park Chanyeol!" The staffs and the DJs clapped as Chanyeol entered the studio and put his headphones on. He gave the people around him a bright smile but his face quickly changed when he saw Baekhyun once again. His mind was telling him that he knew this boy but he didn't know how, when and where. He quickly cleared up his mind from any unnecessary thoughts and said to himself to just live the moment.

 

 

 


"So, how was your day? Congratulation again for being the best actor Mr. Park Chanyeol!" Chen asked the actor as he leaned closely to the microphone and looked at him. Chanyeol answered very politely like he was talking with his fans also. On the other hand, Baekhyun closed his eyes and tried to relax but Chanyeol noticed this and asked him out of the blue.

 

 

 


"Dj Baekhyun, is everything fine with us?" Chanyeol wanted to test if he was really a good dj. If he was, he would overcome his nervousness in the middle of the show. Baekhyun seemed to be really nervous when he heard Chanyeol's voice but suddenly, his mood lightened and he felt like he could talk to Chanyeol like he knew him long ago.

 

 

 


"Yes. I was just starstrucked when I saw the best actor from the Baeksang Awards. You look quite good again today." Chanyeol failed to embarass Baekhyun on air. His sister was right, one has to be flexible and know how to adjust in any kind of situation. Chanyeol realized that he was really good. Afterwards, the talk between the three of them seemed to go well without any signs of nervousness. So, after the talk, they entered the segment where Chanyeol will talk with his fans. Chen and Baekhyun looked at each other before they started the segment.

 

 

 


"Ok. So here's our first caller." Baekhyun pressed the button then the room was filled with the squealing of a fangirl for few seconds. The DJs asked for her name and allowed her to start asking Chanyeol. For the first question, it was safe. She was just asking for Chanyeol's next project for this year. Chen and Baekhyun sighed in relief.

 

 

 


The few next callers asked Chanyeol some safe questions about him but then, a caller from a province who was really into him asked him about his relationship with his father. Chen and Baekhyun began to feel nervous when they heard the caller's question. Chen was about to press the off button to cancel the call but Chanyeol saw him before he could do it. Chen's hand returned to its position and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. The two held a steady gaze when Chanyeol felt something wiry again. " My Father and I have a better relationship after that issue. Thank you for your concern."

 

 

 


Chen's eyes grew bigger when Chanyeol finished talking and smiled. Baekhyun was also shocked when he saw Chanyeol smile because it seemed to be very familiar to him and he felt a sudden headache. He placed his left hand to his forehead and closed his eyes. The people inside the station were alarmed and worried so the team decided to put the station on a break. Suddenly, there was a call from Chanyeol's phone. Chanyeol ignored it and placed his phone at the table. He approached Baekhyun quickly but he didn't know what he was doing.

 

 

 


"Are you okay?" Baekhyun felt secured when Chanyeol touched his back. Everything about Chanyeol seemed to be familiar. He didn't know what was going on but he thought that maybe he was just overwhelmed with the good things that has been happening to his career.

 

 

 


"I'm fine. I'm fine. Thank you." The staff felt relieved when they saw Baekhyun smiling once again. Baekhyun glanced at the actor once again, trying to figure things out. When the radio show had already finished airing, the staffs greeted Chanyeol for his active participation on their show. Chanyeol returned their nice gesture. Chanyeol wanted to go home because he was already tired and he would have a busy schedule tomorrow. He quickly left the studio and Chen was not able to give him the token of appreciation. Baekhyun stood from his seat and noticed an expensive-looking phone. He grabbed it and tried to unlock it.

 

 

 


"Chen, I think this phone belongs to Chanyeol." Chen glanced on the phone's wallpaper and it was Chanyeol's photo holding his first award as an actor. The DJs looked at each other and Chen tapped Baekhyun's shoulder. At first, Baekhyun didn't get but it was a sign that Chen was telling him to return it to Chanyeol immediately. 

 

 

 


"What?! No... I can't... I don't even know his address." Chen began searching for Chanyeol’s address in the directory and luckily, he found it. He realized that his house was away from the city. Baekhyun felt nervous with the thought of going to his house. 

 

 


"What if...." 

 

 

 

"Just tell him that you returned Chanyeol's phone. Don't feel worried about him."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was staring out the taxi  window as he saw Chanyeol's house from the window. It was classy and it really looked great from afar. Baekhyun realized that Chanyeol was really that successful in his acting career. He wished that he would be as successful as the actor. The taxi stopped in front of the house and Baekhyun paid the driver and smiled. The taxi left him and Baekhyun froze in front of the house. He didn't know what to say or what to do. The house didn't have a gate. It was also a bit distanced from other houses. The place is obviously for rich people just by merely seeing the land. Baekhyun took little steps as he took in the chilly air. He pressed the doorbell twice and soon, he heard footsteps. His pulse went faster as the door opened.

 

 

 


"Good Evening, how can I...." Jaehyun froze as he took in familiar face. He smiled out of the blue and opened the door widely for the visitor. Baekhyun seemed to feel weird but he wanted to finish his business here. 

 

 

 


"You're Byun Baekhyun, right? I didn't knew that Chanyeol and you were friends." Jaehyun was firing remarks and questions simultaneously giving Baekhyun no chance to ask where Chanyeol was. Baekhyun forcefully smiled at him when he was telling something about his radio show. He knew that the boy was a fan of his but he wondered, what he was doing in Chanyeol's house.

 

 

 


"Uhmm, excuse me. Can I see Chanyeol?" Jaehyun stopped talking as he turned his body to Baekhyun. He looked up and told him that Chanyeol was already in his room. He wasn't actually sure if Chanyeol is already asleep but he wanted these two famous icons to talk privately. Jaehyun told Baekhyun the way to Chanyeol's room and Baekhyun rushed up quickly. Jaehyun really thought that these two were friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


When Baekhyun reached Chanyeol's room, he was surprised that it didn't have a door. It only had a stairway to his room. The furnitures looked unique and expensive. The whole room was black and white. It was divided into two, a bedroom and a study room. The thing that divides the huge room was the staircase. He realized that Chanyeol has a good sense in designs. He looked around but there was no sign of Chanyeol. He only saw a door that was shut. He thought that it was the bathroom but it seemed that no one was there so, he made his way to the study room. He saw a laptop, a few papers and two cellphones. 

 

 

 


"He has three cellphones? Why did I waste my time on returning his phone?" Baekhyun glanced at the shelves and noticed a picture frame. He walked closely to that frame and grabbed it. It had a lot of dust so, he wiped it with his hands and saw Chanyeol smiling with his family. He saw Park Yoora, and immediately recognized the famous reporter. Suddenly, someone grabbed his shoulder and made him turn around.

 

 

 


"What do you think you're doing?" Chanyeol appeared in front of him, his hair wet, his face looking really serious and his grip on his hand very tight. He felt terrified and extremely nervous with Chanyeol’s expression.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

Hello there! Long time no update. I miss writing fanfics really bad. Thank goodness that I had a time to write this chapter. I hope you liked it. Enjoy <3