Chapter 1: The Beginning

The Second Time Around

 

 

    Scholar Lee Donghae was preparing for a fight with the troops of the cruel king of their land. They forcefully did something to oppose the way of handling the whole empire. They did this by writing articles and they sent it to the people in the empire. On the articles, it was stated that the king was corrupting the money of the citizens. It wasn't that right for the poor people of this empire so, the scholars were seeking for justice. Some people who couldn't pay theirs was being killed by the order of the king. So, Lee Donghae and his disciples wanted the people to open their eyes and seek for justice. One day, the king knew their opposing movement but they tried to talk with him but the king never listened so he sent his troops the kill all of them.

 

 


"Songsaengnim Lee, the other scholars are ready. They’re only waiting for your order." A scholar talked in front of the higher scholar's house and waited for Donghae's instruction. Lee Donghae was the leader of the scholars. He was really intelligent and known by everyone but he only has one weakness, his boy lover, Scholar Lee Eunhyuk. 

 

 


"Tell Scholar Jinhyun to form. I'm going to protect the headmaster's hut." The junior scholar outside ran away quickly to tell his orders. The headmaster was the heart of the scholars. He was the one who knows everything. Suddenly, his loved one appeared with bow and arrow. 

 

 


"Eunhyuk, what are you doing?! You should be preparing for the supplies of our medical team. You are their leader." Donghae held his hand because he didn't want to lose his love. He wanted to die to save everyone from cruelty. Eunhyuk refused to stay on the back. He already packed all the things that are needed for the medics. 

 

 


"Do you want me to stay behind the line while my love is risking his life for us? No. This is our fight, not only yours." Donghae knew that Eunhyuk was really stubborn if he wanted to fight for something. He was really brave and strong against everything. But, his heart was too soft. He’s emotinally weak but physically and mentally strong. 

 

 


"Don't get hurt, okay? Take care of yourself. Remember to -"

 

 


"Observe of your surroundings and fight with your heart. You've been saying that for 1 week, you know?" Eunhyuk pouted at his boyfriend while Donghae just giggled as he packed up his arrows and sword. Suddenly, a rain of fire arrows poured on them but the scholars were ready for aerial assault. They prepared shields to protect themselves. 

 

 


"Eunhyuk, be careful." Donghae ran into the frontline to fight against the troops of the king while Eunhyuk remained on his position. Suddenly, the king's swordsmen attacked the ones on the frontline. They were expert killers and one-fourth of the scholars were killed. 

 

 


Donghae was a good swordsman who doesn't easily get hurt. He saw some of his fellow scholars who were getting hurt by the enemies and he was infuriated. He slashed the chest of every enemy that he saw. Suddenly, there was swordsman who was about to attack Donghae. The scholar knew it but he was too late to dodge but his lover managed to shoot him at the back with an arrow.

 

 


The assault from the both troops were getting wilder as the number of their men were decreasing. The medical team from the scholars were still aiding the wounded and injured men. Eunhyuk started to get worried with Donghae since the scholars from the frontline got fewer. So, he decided to step out and joined his lover's fight. He was a sharpshooter when handling bow and arrow. He targeted their chest to impale the arrow onto their heart.

 

 


"Donghae, dock!" Donghae quickly squatted on his position and Eunhyuk closed his other eye to aim better. A direct shot was released by the scholar and pierced on the enemy's chest once again. Donghae was gasping for air while Eunhyuk continued protecting the perimeter of his love one. Suddenly, Donghae noticed that someone was aiming for Eunhyuk. He realized that he had no time to attack it nearly so, he stood in front of Eunhyuk and talked with him.

 

 


"Eunhyuk, take care of yourself and the headmaster." Eunhyuk looked at him when he saw that Donghae's eyes grew bigger. He weakened as he knelt down and he noticed the arrow pierced behind him. Eunhyuk began to feel weak as he saw the blood on his hands when he held Donghae's back. He didn't notice that there was someone who was going to attack him somewhere. He blamed himself for being a fool. He told himself that he wasn't worthy for Donghae.

 

 


"Medical Head, please evacuate the place. We are being dominated by the enemy." Eunhyuk's body was still numb, even his tears were prevented from falling. He felt that the half of his life was also killed when Donghae closed his eyes. He didn't know what to do since it was declared that he was dead. He didn't know what to do when he’ll be able find a place to hide. He wanted to stay with Donghae for too long but he already sacrificed himself for his love. 

 

 


"Donghae!! I told you that I could handle myself?! Why did you sacrifice yourself for me?! We should be together!!" Eunhyuk shouted on a dead body of his love while the headmaster approached them from behind. The scholar was shocked to see the headmaster outside. He looked old and his white beard was long. Headmaster was putting out and jade-colored pendant and it was really dazzling. 

 

 


"Go to the middle-part of the forest on the north then find the altar of reincarnation and keep that pendant. The king's plan wasn't really about the rebellion, it was that pendant. Hide that for me." The headmaster grabbed Eunhyuk's bow and arrow while he was still on mourning on his love one who died earlier. The headmaster heard the weeping of the boy while he was looking around their area. 

 

 


"If you wanted to be together, wish it on the altar!! There, you'll get the undying love you wanted!! We have no time. Our troops are really few now. Go!!" Eunhyuk quickly stood up and carried Donghae on his way to the forest. He grabbed a horse behind their base to carry Donghae with him. He wanted to give Donghae a formal burial for respect. He tapped the horses’ back and to make it ran faster as they dashed through the forest. Unluckily, one of the enemies saw him escaping and he shouted for reinforcements. They were about to catch them up but the headmaster wanted to tackle them first.

 

 


"Deal with me first." The king's swordsmen walked closely to the old man. He pointed his sword on the old man's chest. He looked onto his eyes and asked him something. The headmaster was right, the pendant was their purpose.

 

 


"You know what we need. Give us the Jade dragon's pendant." That pendant was the symbol of everlasting peace and love. Once you have it, anyone in the land of the king's empire would be under his control. Only the king's adviser and scholar headmaster could have it for being the most intelligent in the land. The king wanted to get it to have his whole control on the land so that no one could oppose him. 

 

 


"He’s telling the truth. Kill him." The swordsmen stabbed him in his body for many times as he fell down in the ground. The leader of the pack had an ability to know who was lying or not and that was a unique ability. The leader gestured his hand on the way where Eunhyuk escaped and the swordsmen quickly ran towards to the north.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The middle of the forest was filled with fireflies as the altar of reincarnation glowed with sky blue aura in its fountain. The altar had a sculpture of woman that clasped her hands together. There was a little fountain that emitted glowing water too. Eunhyuk was still carrying the dead body of Donghae behind him. He looked so tired as he reached his destination. He dropped Donghae's body carefully as he searched for any instructions on what would he do there. There was a tablet engraved with some words in front of the fountain. He slid his hands there and read it carefully.

 

 


To live for a lifetime is a real treasure and to have it, life is also the key.

 

 


He quickly understood the engraved words on the tablet. So, he thought twice before doing this. "Sacrificing my life was the key to continue our love."

 

 


He looked at the pendant on his hand and buried it under the place where was he standing. He fulfilled the headmaster's promise before fulfilling his promise for the both of them. He began kneeling in front of the altar with dead Donghae in front of him. He decided to do this since there was no point for staying in the world. All scholars in their land were dead and he was the remaining one so he decided to sacrifice himself to see Donghae in the future. He wanted to love Donghae forever so, he would do this. He started to cast his words on to the altar and he felt that the enemies approaching him.

 

 


"Donghae and I will be loving each other forever. Grant my wish as you please." Eunhyuk noticed that the women statue opened its eyes and its hands opened also. He noticed that his body went numb and he felt that his heartbeat went slower. He already knew that his life was being taken at the altar. The swordsmen came and were about to kill him but their leader told them not to do it. 

 

 


"Write what I'm going to say. The last scholar killed himself by sacrifice to the altar of reincarnation." The man beside wrote it by using its blood as its ink and the tip of the leaf as its pen. He wrote on a white cloth on his clothes. The swordsmen were still watching at Eunhyuk as his body became unconscious. Eunhyuk thought that he did the right thing for the whole scholars and for Donghae. For his last breath, he held Donghae's hand as his body laid beside him.

 

 


The swordsmen now searched for the pendant but they couldn't find it. Suddenly, the altar stopped glowing and there was an earthquake. He wanted to protect itself and the person who sacrificed himself for his love and for his fellow scholars who wanted to fight for equality. The troops couldn't anything but leave. The leader figured out that the altar was protecting the whole area for Eunhyuk. He was really an intelligent kid after all.


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


21st Century

 

 

"We are now here in front of the KBS hall where the 55th Baeksang Awards is going to be held. And we are now waiting for the actors and actresses the walk on the red carpet." A lot of reporters gathered in front of the entrance of the hall. Tonight was the 55th Baeksang awards and all the nominees for different awards were here. The much awaited awards were the grand awards, best actor and best actress. For the actors and actress, this was a big opportunity to be one of the nominees since you were competing against other personalities. A lot of actors, actresses, and directors came into the hall. They were all interviewed by the press and a lot of camera shots were taken before they entered. One of the most expected artist that was already here, Kai. 

 

 

 


"Here's the K-pop idol and actor Kai!" Kai was already waving at the fans behind the steel bars and the camera continuously flashed at him as he walked on the red carpet. He stayed on a platform that leads the way to the hall. A reporter approached him to ask him few questions.

 

 

 


"Kai, an actor-idol that all women desire. There are rumors about you that you are in a relationship? Are those true?" The reporter turned his eyes to the man who wore formal clothes that suited him very well. He cleared his throat before clarifying about this statement.

 

 

 


"Let's just wait for what’s gonna happen next. For now, I would say that I'm currently dating someone." The reporter seemed to be shocked with his answer but then, he was satisfied and amazed with this idol. He was really true to himself. So, the reporter continued reporting in front of his camera while Kai was about to enter the hall. As Kai entered the hall, a lot of actors and actresses greeted him. Kai was also nominated in some categories specially the best actor award. But suddenly, the hall became focused on the red carpet as the last year's best actor came. 

 

 

 


"Ladies and Gentlemen, Park Chanyeol, the last year's best actor of the 54th Baeksang awards is here! Let's welcome him and ask him a few questions." A lot of girls cheered and squealed for him as he went out of his car together with his manager and assistant. Chanyeol was also wearing suit and tie with black glasses on. He waved and smiled at his fans brightly as he stood up on the platform to be taken some picture.

 

 

 


"Mr. Park Chanyeol, you're nominated again in best actor for your drama this year. Do you feel that you could get the award once again?" The reporter reached the microphone to Chanyeol as he leaned down to speak.

 

 

 


"It is very wonderful to be nominated once again in a prestigious award. I cannot say that I am expecting to get that award once again because a lot of artists are nominated and I think we all deserve it. Let’s just see who gets it. But honestly, I hope that I could get it once again as the fruit of our hardwork." Chanyeol ended his talk with a smile and waved again to his fans behind the steel bars. The reporter had a follow up question but it seemed that he felt uneasy on answering. It was quite personal to him but it became a talk.

 

 

 


"Let's talk about the issue of your father about what happened last year. Are you now fine after what happened?" Chanyeol began to stutter since he was still greatly affected by that issue. He couldn't believe that thing would happen in his life. He began to hear nothing but silence in his ears as he thought of answers in his mind but nothing came out.

 

 

 


"Yes, he's fine and we are now entering the hall. Please excuse us." His manager Kim Joonmyeon let Chanyeol walk away together with his assistant, Sehun, to put away the actor from those intrigues. They knew that Chanyeol hadn't moved on with that issue because it was really hard. As they entered the hall, many stars greeted them but Chanyeol's all-time rival in the industry approached him.

 

 


"Yow Park Chanyeol! It's nice to see-" Chanyeol put his hands onto the rival's face. Kai or Kim Jongin, his real name, put away the actor's hands from his face. He really annoyed Chanyeol a lot when both of them started to make a drama together. After that, Kai and Chanyeol were given a lead role on different dramas and caused to be nominated on the best actor category. They were both competing in this category for 3 consecutive years. But then, Chanyeol won the most awards than Kai.

 

 

 


"Excuse me. I got to wash my hands in the restroom." Chanyeol walked away with a serious face, leaving his manager and assistant in front of Kai. Originally, Chanyeol was really a terrible person. He wanted to be neat and he was really strict but naughty in some way. He was also snobbish behind his jolly personality in front of the fans. He didn't like to greet people and relationships wasn't his style. He was really a man with serious life and luckliy, his manager and assistant could handle his personality.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Chanyeol entered the restroom and faced the mirror. He tried to remove all worries in his mind after remembering the issue that happened last year. He had a major breakdown after that issue bloomed in the whole nation. But, he managed to stand up again thanks to his fans. Suddenly, as he washed his hands, he heard someone speaking on the cubicle. He sounded nervous. "You can do this. This is your first time to host an awarding ceremony."

 

 

 


Chanyeol managed to eavesdrop and listened carefully. He figured out that he must be the host of the today's event. He thought that why would he stay in the restroom to practice for hosting. He leaned closely on the cubicle and he heard that the lock on the cubicle clicked. He went shocked as he turned around and covered his face so, he wouldn't be recognized. A petite, small boy appeared behind him and this boy went curious about the tall man standing in front of him.

 

 

 

"Uhmm.. Excuse me..."

 

 

 


"No. I didn't hear anything. Go." Chanyeol's mind panicked as he felt that he was cornered by the little boy. The boy behind him laughed a little and held his shoulders since he didn't know who he was. Chanyeol was shocked for holding him like that. For him, it was a disgrace for treating him like that. So, turned to him. He saw the puppy-like face of the little boy in front of him. He didn't know him at all but he felt like he saw him long ago.

 

 

 


"Oh. It seems that you are also nervous. We can do this." The little boy left him with a bright smile and Chanyeol felt something strange. He really didn't know this person but it seemed that they met each other. As the puppy-like boy walked away, Chanyeol removed his hands and realized that he felt weird when he saw that kid. He tried to recall everything he met these few days but he wasn't there. It was really creepy to know a person that you haven’t met before. He whispered something in the air.

 

 

 


"Who are you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:

 

I'm officially back after several days when my first fanfic ended. <3 It is a success so, I made a new one. I hope you liked it. <3

I will update chapters every week since being a freshman college student wasn't that easy.

Support and share my fanfic. I would be thanked a lot <3

I love you <3