Outmatch

May for 2min

Outmatch : To be greater or better than

Words : 732


 

 

Taemin and Minho was inseparable. They had been classmates since junior high school and been best friends since forever. If Taemin didn’t have Jongin, people might think the two were dating because they were just as close as Taemin and Jongin.

“I like you too, but not as much as I like Jongin.”

“I know that would be the answer.”

Taemin grinned at Minho. “Don’t cry.”

“You know I won’t. It’s not the first time you reject me.”

Taemin kissed Minho’s cheek and waved. Minho smiled so brightly despite his heart being torn into pieces. Oh of course he lied about not crying, he cried until he had to skip school the next day.

 

If Minho gave Taemin something, Jongin’s present would impress Taemin the most.

When Minho gave him a bucket of rose that mean love, Jongin gave him one grip of edelweiss that mean eternity.

When Minho gave him a beautiful birthday cake, Jongin made an ugly cake full of heart just for Taemin.

When Minho was flying high because Taemin told him his story first, Jongin didn’t have to be told to know what Taemin been through.

When Minho made Taemin laugh until his stomach hurt, Jongin made him laugh until he cried.

When Minho was only allowed to kiss the boy secretly, Jongin was allowed to treasure his body the entire time.

Even when they fought and thought that Taemin was crying ugly, Taemin’s cry because of Jongin was the worst and the ugliest he could cry for two days straight.

 

***

 

“You know I love you, right?”

“I know.” Taemin smiled and mingled in Minho’s embrace closer. “I love you too.”

“If so, why don’t you accept my love then?”

“Because it’s you.”

“You keep saying that. It’s not even a reason to reject me.”

Minho caressed Taemin’s cheek, trying so hard not to kiss his lips even though his eyes were fully concentrating on the thick lips. He knew that this talk would end up tragic and hurtful but still he needed to know even if the answer stills the same.

“That’s a very clear reason to me.”

Taemin snapped his fingers to get Minho’s eyes away from his lips, he giggled because it was definitely not the first time Minho stared at him like that– like a wolf ready to eat its prey.

“How can I date my best friend?”

“Why can’t?”

“If we broke up, I will lose you and my best friend. That’s not a great deal.”

“We’ll never break up.”

Taemin cupped Minho’s face and sighed, “Such a dreamer.”

 

“Is Jongin better than me?”

Taemin smiled at the mention of Jongin’s name and Minho hated it because he wanted Taemin to smile like that if someone mentioned his name.

“Much better.”

There came the thousand knives stabbing Minho’s chest.

“How?”

“I don’t know, you need to fall in love to know why.”

“I’m in love and it feels like I’m being thrown into a pool full of daggers.”

“Ah– sorry...” Taemin chuckled.

“Not funny, Tae.”

Taemin touched Minho’s nose and ran his finger on the sharp fiture, Minho closed his eyes because he loved the feeling too much. Taemin was tearing him apart right now but he couldn’t escape.

Taemin was being mean, he thought. He hated it every time Taemin touched him yet he loved it as much as he hated it. Taemin was mean because how could he act like this was nothing while to Minho this was the most precious thing he wanted.

“Look at me, Minho.”

Minho shook his head, he knew he would burst into tears if he looked at him. He felt Taemin’s fingers running on his lips.

How dare you!

He felt a teasing giggle over his lips.

How mean!

He then felt a pair of soft lips pressing him.

How could this all mean nothing?

As hard as Minho tried not to kiss back or to ignore the brushing lips, his love was bigger. Minho drawn into the kiss eventually and he hated himself for that.

“Why can’t I be in Jongin’s place?”

Taemin laughed under his breath as Minho harshly pulled away out of his grip, only to fell again the next second.

“You never really hurt me as much as Jongin, never really make me try hard either. I wonder why too. Why can’t I love you as much as I love Jongin?”

 

 

 

---

It would be boring (even I am feeling so) if I keep writing fluff, so I wrote this sligh angst fic. I'm not really confident with angst but I hope this is quite angsty for you to feel how painful it is being Minho /crossfingers/

Don't forget to subscribe, comment and vote (if you don't mind)~ Have a nice May 7th everyone!

love,

aqcelnicorus :D