Eye

May for 2min

Eye : One of the two organs in your face, which you use to see with

Words : 1812


 

 

Taemin was sitting at the back of the class when the murmurs getting louder even when his ears stuffed with his earphone. The class just ended, he noticed. He could have just stayed low and pretended to sleep but he felt something weird, which was why he looked up. He knew this familiar feeling of being watched.

From the front row of the seat he saw this black haired guy who came for Jongin and his genk. Taemin raised his eyebrow because that guy came again, stared at him again and barely spoke to the rest of the guys. He just watched Taemin intensely. Taemin would roll his eyes in annoyance and hid his face again, hid those blooming colour of rose that painted on his cheeks.

It happened for few months already. At first he would come every two weeks, then it became twice a week and now almost every day. That guy would stare and watch Taemin the whole time. For only few minutes before the following class started. Yes, he didn’t come when it’s recess time because they would eat at the rooftop with the mighty Jongin who warned everyone not to come to the rooftop when lunchtime came.

 

Taemin rolled his sleeves and washed his hands in the restroom, earphone still stuffing his ears he didn’t hear the footsteps approaching him. He then got that familiar feeling again. He looked up at the mirror and found that guy looking at him, almost expressionless as always. Taemin knitted his eyebrows as watched that guy just standing still, looking at him.

Then he saw that guy mouthed something to him, a short one, but the music completely deafening so Taemin couldn’t hear what he said. Taemin took one of his earphones and waited for him to repeat whatever he was saying but he stayed silent. Taemin stuffed his ears again and walked out of the restroom feeling weird. He tried to re-enact the mouth but nothing made sense to him.

 

Another month passed and that guy still roaming around Jongin, and Taemin knew it was just a reason. Taemin was not stupid because he knew that guy actually run after him. But for these past three almost four months, never once he heard the latter talk. Even once for a while Taemin turned off his earphone to hear their conversation but as if that guy knew Taemin was listening, he didn’t talk at all.

Taemin met him several times outside the school, as he passed by the football field or after the school ended. But they eventually ended up staring at each other without saying anything. They weren’t mute though. Taemin sure he talked normally to the other, but not to him.

 

Now as the time passed by, something has changed. It was rather confusing whenever they met in the hallway every morning. Taemin had to walk pass by him, who stood not far from his locker with book on his hands, as if that black haired guy was waiting for him. And when they exchanged look, greeted each other through the staring he would then close his book and walked away.

He didn’t come to the class every day now, but when he came, it was because Taemin didn’t look at him properly in the morning, or when Taemin only glanced at him half asleep in the morning.

Besides their encounters in the morning, that guy would linger when the class ended. Taemin would walk the fastest whenever the school bell rang and Jongin and his genk would walk just right behind him. Taemin always felt that familiar eyes on his back until they had to part when Taemin’s bus came or when the genk went to another way.

Somewhat Taemin already got used to the staring and he didn’t mind find himself staring back at that guy.

 

Lately that guy’s stare was somewhat sweet and warm and talkative, as if he was asking if he had a good breakfast and how was Taemin’s sleep through the long stare. Taemin would look and told him everything too, quite stupid to believe that he understood it.

Taemin walked toward his locker and passed in front of the taller one. Taemin greeted him with a soft gaze, he stopped staring just to put the book he needed and zipped his bag. Not long after Taemin closed his locker, they stood closer with eyes on each other.

That guy closed his book and stepped a little closer, big doe eyes staring deeply into Taemin. He took the earphone from Taemin’s ear and put it into his, he smiled. Taemin knew what was that about, he liked his music. Taemin smiled back awkwardly and shared his earphone for a while.

When people started to come and the school got a little bit noisy, the black haired guy took off the earphone and put it back to Taemin’s ear. He caressed Taemin’s cheek slightly before he smiled so handsomely, leaving Taemin all speechless. ‘Have a nice day’ was what Taemin believed to be the meaning behind that smile.

 

Taemin was sitting at the back of the class as usual when that guy came with eyes busy looking around. Taemin soon stared at him intently because that guy didn’t wait for him this morning. Taemin had this worried eyes when he looked at him, as soon as their eyes fixed on each other Taemin asked ‘what happened?’ and he smiled at Taemin gently, saying ‘it’s nothing’ and Taemin assumed it was because he was late or something.

Taemin looked around and he found no Jongin. He followed that guy’s movement who was walking towards him and Taemin panicked. He saw the guys silently laughing at him. He felt everyone’s eyes land on him as that guy stood next to Taemin with his eyes still looking so deeply at him. Probably everyone could see their eyes were seeing each other too deeply and just different.

He bent to take off Taemin’s earphone and whispered a little too close. To Taemin’s surprise, his voice was very manly, deep and low and Taemin was breathless. He never knew it would be that beautiful. For the very first time he heard him speaking and it was a whisper asking him to rely to Jongin that Minho wants his book back. Taemin nodded and surely his cheeks were as red as tomatoes.

Minho. It was his name.

Taemin gulped as this Minho guy chuckled lowly over his ear, sending chills on his nerves. Minho put his earphone back to place and stared at Taemin. Somehow Taemin knew what he was saying through the eyes, that he looked cute. Taemin glared at him and he smiled as he walked out of the class.

 

Jongin came not long after it and he told Minho’s message. Jongin raised his eyebrows.

“He came to you?”

Taemin nodded.

Jongin winched his eyes in suspicious.

“Anyway, thanks!”

Taemin smiled simply as Jongin took the book Minho probably meant and left.

 

Taemin felt not one pair of eyes that watching him now, two pairs. The other one wasn’t as intense or as meaningful as Minho, more like suspicious stare that was sent at him once in a while. Taemin raised his head and found Minho sitting across Jongin and was looking at him, ever so affectionately. In the midst of the embarrassing stare, he saw Jongin looking at him and Minho back and forth. Taemin looked at Minho’s eyes and warned him to stop staring because Jongin noticed it. It seemed that Jongin was asking him about it but Minho only smiled without any explanation.

 

Sometimes Taemin came early to school just to meet Minho a little bit longer than usual. They’d stood side by side with Taemin’s earphone in each of their ears. It was like a morning date between the two. They had been doing this for months and their persistence was no joke. Who could have such patience not to talk and only stared at each other?

Then Taemin’s phone suddenly buzzed a text from an unknown number. Taemin only peeked because he wanted to enjoy his time with Minho but his phone buzzed again. He took his phone and peeked before he knitted his forehead. ‘Can I call you tonight?’ was written on the screen.

Taemin looked at the suspicious looking Minho with a confused gaze, how could he know his number? What did he mean by it? Why? What should they talk about when they barely speak to each other? What should we talk about?

Minho ruffled Taemin’s hair before he took off the earphone and put it to Taemin’s ear. The smile was different, as if Minho telling him that it was about time to talk and get serious. Taemin even more flustered when Minho mouthed something Taemin didn’t want to believe.

 

Taemin sat on his desk while listening to the music despite the noisy class; he kept staring at his phone and shuffled the same song until he felt a warm and familiar gaze on his face. Taemin tried so hard not to smile or to laugh but he couldn’t handle it, the edge of his lips curled eventually. Taemin looked up and met Minho’s eyes. The black haired guy smiled at him as if he was seeing his sun. Taemin smiled back and he knew Minho was repeating those words, he just could tell from his eyes. The words he got to hear when Minho started to call him a week ago.

Taemin chuckled silently as Minho seemed to care less about Jongin asking why he stared at me. Minho smiled so intensely and it drew fresh pink tint on Taemin’s cheek. When Minho was about to walk closer, Taemin warned him not to. This was school, he reasoned. He saw a cute pout on Minho’s face and a frustrated Jongin beside him. Taemin found it funny.

As Minho’s back disappeared by the door and Jongin turned towards Taemin. He knew there was something happened between the two because their gazes weren’t normal.

“Did something happen between you and Minho?”

Taemin knitted his eyebrows and unplugged his earphone.

“Pardon me?”

“Your gazes are suspicious.”

Taemin laughed.

“How could you say so?”

“You know. Minho stares at you like he’s going to you into his froggy eyes.”

Taemin found it so cute how Jongin described Minho’s big eyes so he smiled.

“That smile! I saw it several times when you guys stare at each other. There must be something!”

“Something?”

“Yes! It’s like you guys are talking but not talking. I mean talking with eyes yes, but not with mouth. How could you two– why you guys even staring at each other? You like each other? What exactly are you guys talking about with those stares? It’s very suspicious.”

Taemin scratches his nape.

“Well– just something only we know.”

 

 

 

---

Four more to go! I will post one before going to sleep, I need to do some journal review first so will post the 23rd chap after doing my delayed paper. So how's this challenge so far? Like it or not like it? There must be something you displease from me so just tell me and i'll try to improve myself in the future! Any comment would do and also since it's already May 25th in Korea, HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY BOYS!!! Keep shining and let's walk together forever, SHINee and SHAWOL all over the world!! The rollercoaster ride is still running, there will be ups and downs but i'll keep believing you five! So proud to be a SHAWOL, being a part of an excellent artist, being part of an amazing fandom. SHINee and SHAWOL JJANG!!!

love,

aqcelnicorus :D