Blueberry

May for 2min

Blueberry : the dark blue fruit of a bush that is grown in North America, similar to a bilberry

Words : 1004


 

 

“Appa, buy me that yoghurt drink!”

“Which one? This one?” Jonghyun took a strawberry flavour and showed it to Taemin, his beloved boy.

“No~ not that one. That one!” Taemin pointed at the purple lid while pursing his lips cutely, legs swinging on the cart seat.

“Ah... blueberry?”

“Yes.”

“One? Or two?”

“A dozen.” Key showed up from behind them and knocked Jonghyun’s head. “Geez, you don’t know that this monster boy eats a lot?”

Taemin only giggled at his fathers.

 

 

“Oh! Appa!”

“Why?”

“I want that ice cream!”

Jonghyun narrowed his bad eyes to see what Taemin pointed at.

“But daddy said you can’t eat ice cream before dinner.”

Taemin pouted at Jonghyun, dramatically sad.

“Appa.....” He whined at Jonghyun. “Please...”

Okay so Jonghyun never won over the plea of this 5 years old boy, he sighed and looked at Taemin. He knew the boy was acting but Jonghyun was weak against it.

“Ugh– fine! Which flavour?”

“Blueberry!!” Taemin jumped onto Jonghyun’s arm and kissed his Appa.

 

 

“Taemin-ah, finish your lunch before going out!” Key shouted at the running boy.

He stopped and turned just slightly.

“I’m full already, dad...”

“Or I’ll eat your blueberry alone.”

“Nooooo!!!” Taemin shook his head frantically, conflicted whether to finish his lunch or play outside but the threat made Taemin pouted and dragged his feet back to the dining table.

“Good boy...” Key patted his head.

“Taemin! Let’s play!”

Taemin snapped from his plate to the front door.

“Appa...”

“5 minutes, Minho, Taemin hasn’t finished his lunch yet.”

“Okay, Mr. Kim.”

 

 

“Do you like appa or do you like daddy?”

“Daddy!” Taemin giggled and Jonghyun glared at him.

“I bought you sweets, ice creams, cakes, toys, still you like daddy more?”

“Yes!”

“Oh you little brat!” Jonghyun tickled Taemin who sat on his laps, the light laughter was spread around their bedroom.

“Face it, Jjong... He likes me better~” Key took Jonghyun’s face and kissed him.

“Just because you’re home the whole day.”

“Taemin-ah, you like daddy the most right?”

Taemin nodded and stretched his arms to Key but Jonghyun interrupted him with another question.

“Do you like daddy or blueberry the most?”

“Blueberry!”

“Kim Taemin!”

Jonghyun laughed at the unexpected answer.

 

 

“Daddyyyy!” Taemin cried with his tears and snot running all over his face. “Waaaaa....”

Key ran to the door and found Taemin bleeding on his knees and hands.

“Taemin fell from the swing, Mr. Kim.”

“Thank you for helping, Minho.”

Minho nodded and let Key took Taemin from his back. He followed them quietly and sat next to Taemin on the couch as Key took the emergency kit.

“You’ll be fine...” Minho patted Taemin’s cheek and Taemin wailed louder.

Minho helped him with his tears and snots, wiping them with his hands and jacket.

“Awww, Minho is a very kind hyung, isn’t he?”

Key squatted and started to clean Taemin’s wound while Minho busy distracting Taemin’s attention from the stinging pain of the antiseptic.

“I’ll give you a bowl of blueberry if you be a strong boy,” Minho whispered rather loud Key could hear it.

“Okay...” Taemin gradually stopped his crying. They were cute.

 

 

“Where are you going, little man?” Jonghyun caught him by the door.

Taemin grinned and blinked cutely.

“Minho hyung’s house.”

“With a bowl of blueberry?”

“Yes... I can, can’t I?”

“Come here,” Jonghyun called him closer and squatted down, “this is Sunday, you supposed to spend time with appa.”

“But we promised to play!”

Jonghyun sneaked a finger for a blueberry but Taemin stopped him.

“Oho! You’re going to share with Minho but not with your appa??”

“Ne!” Taemin chuckled and gave Jonghyun a kiss on his cheek before he ran out.

 

 

“Where is Taemin?” Jonghyun hugged Key’s waist as soon as he reached the kitchen.

“Minho’s house.”

“He plays with that kid a lot.”

“He’s good.”

“I know but yah! He didn’t give me his blueberry yet he shared it with Minho!”

“I can sympathize, Jong. He said he will share his blueberry.”

“He will share?? Impossible!”

“I know right!”

“Wait– do you smell something weird, Key?”

“What?”

“No, it’s just my weird feeling but...” Jonghyun scratched his hair and stood next to Key, “He doesn’t like Minho like ‘like’ right?”

Key laughed. “I don’t think– oh God! That’s probably it!”

They stared at each other.

“I don’t teach him to like boys,” Jonghyun said.

“Not me either.”

The door suddenly slammed open to a beautiful boy running towards Jonghyun to give a hug.

“I saw appa’s car from Minho hyungie’s room.”

“Hi little angel! Where have you been the whole time?”

“Minho hyung’s house. We played games, he showed me how to make a kite today!”

“You play with him a lot lately.”

“Minho hyung is very kind. He asks his father to buy me blueberries all the time!”

“What?” Key put his knife down and turned.

“Uncle Onew said he will buy me a lot!!”

“Taemin-ah, you shouldn’t ask them to buy you blueberries all the time.”

“Why?”

“It’s impolite...”

“But Minho Hyung said he would buy everything I want!”

Jonghyun and Key exchanged stares; their feelings seemed to be right. Key picked Taemin up and sat him in the living room.

“Taemin-ah...” Key started to question, “Do you like Minho Hyung?”

Taemin nodded in an instant and it made Jonghyun gasped in horror.

“Do you like appa?”

“Of course!”

“Do you like appa or blueberry?”

“Blueberry!”

Key paused and looked at Jonghyun before he continued, “Do you like Minho hyung or daddy?”

“Minho hyung!”

Key suddenly rubbed his temple after hearing the surprising answer.

“Really? You like Minho hyung better than daddy Key?”

Taemin nodded innocently.

“Last question Taemin-ah, do you like Minho hyung or blueberry the most?”

The little boy knitted his eyebrows for exactly one second and smiled shyly, “Minho hyung...”

“Oh my God...” Key almost passed out hearing this.

“I like Minho hyung the most! I gave him a lot of ppoppos too!”

“Ppoppo?? Oh my freaking God!! We’re in deep trouble!” Jonghyun added.

 

 

 

---

Three down to go! Have a nice Monday everyone! It's officially May 25th here so again, HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY SHINee!!

Hugs,

aqcelnicorus :D