Quint

May for 2min

Quint : any of five children born at the same time to the same mother

Words : 847


 

 

Taemin bit his lips as he heard a loud whimper from the inside, he prayed religiously for his best friend, his dog who was giving birth to five puppies. Taemin was worried because Mongie was small and fragile and five was a big number according to the 6 years old boy.

As the vet came out from the labour room, Taemin jumped off his seat to see his best friend; fell on the process but he didn’t cry. Inside, he saw five trembling puppies crowding Mongie, seeking for warmth and milk and Taemin was feeling super proud of her. He sniffed but didn’t cry, he held it well, he said to himself that a grown up should not cry.

 

Taemin’s eyes rounded and his pupils shook.

“Why?” The little boy’s voice cracked. “Mongie will miss her children, mom.”

“We can only keep two.”

“But I want them all... They’re my friends... I can take care the five of them.”

Taemin’s eyes started to well.

“Why do you want to make Mongie and me sad?”

“That’s why I suggest you to give them to somewhere close, so you could see them whenever you want to. Uncle Jonghyun and Krystal’s mom have agreed to take care each one of them. You just have to say yes so I can give them by the weekend.”

“What about the last one?”

“I haven’t found a right owner yet.”

Taemin paused. “There’s no chance for me take care the quintuplet?”

“I’m sorry...”

Taemin pouted, his lips trembled but he nodded. “Then I’ll treasure them until the weekend comes. I’ll find a home for the third borne.”

 

 

But Taemin didn’t have any friends. He didn’t know who to give or someone to trust.

He walked sadly at the playground near his house, nobody wanted to be his friend anyway because Taemin was too pretty to be a boy so they would eventually or worst bully him.

“Ouch!”

Something hit his head, he was about to yell if it was another kid who would mock his face but he found no one behind him. Taemin looked around while rubbing his head and he caught a glimpse of shadow sitting at the corner of the slide, definitely had no intention to slide down. Taemin climbed and stared at the lonely boy.

“You hit me with this. I demand a sorry.” Taemin put the balled paper near the folding legs.

The boy looked up, his eyes were big and protruding– much like a frog.

“I’m sorry.”

Taemin nodded and somehow he didn’t want to leave the place just yet.

“Why are you here alone?”

“I’m new, I have no friend and don’t want make friend. They will only tease my eyes.”

Taemin smiled, he could relate.

“We could be friends. I don’t befriend them too because they mock my pretty face.”

“I know you’re a boy since the very start.”

“Friends?”

“Friends.”

They talked until the sun almost set.

“Can I ask you a favour, Minho hyung?”

“Sure.”

“Do you like puppy? Do you want to raise one? My mother asked me– ”

“I love puppy, I’ll raise it.”

Taemin rounded his eyes, “Really? Your mom will allow it?”

“They won’t really care.”

“Okay, I’ll bring him here tomorrow.”

“Okay.”

 

Taemin and Minho befriended each other, they liked being accompanied by each other and since Minho’s house was just three house apart Taemin often went there to check if his puppy–or now Minho’s puppy doing well.

“What’s his name?”

“Secret.”

“What do you call him?”

“Secret.”

Yes, Taemin never knew what kind of name Minho gave the third borne puppy. Minho’s lips was sealed tightly he never called the puppy by its name when Taemin was around.

Until Taemin secretly sneaked just to know what Minho named him.

“Taemin-ah, over here~”

Taemin dropped his toy and Minho saw the peeking Taemin. Taemin bit his lips, trying to suppress his tears but somehow when Minho came closer he couldn’t contain it; he burst out, sobbing ugly.

Minho patted Taemin’s head and wiped his tears but Taemin’s crying got louder.

“You name him with my name, huaaaaaa!”

And there, for the first time Taemin cried in front of people. Taemin didn’t know why he was weaker, more fragile and clumsier around Minho, yet he was happier.

Minho waited until Taemin was tired and slowly stopped his crying, face was red, nose was redder, eyes puffy and lips swollen.

“It’s not that I’m teasing you, really...” Minho started to explain.

“Then what?”

“Beause your name is pretty.”

“But it’s a human name, not a pet name!” Taemin protested.

“Taemin is the prettiest name.”

“You compare me to a puppy! Why Taemin, why?”

“I can’t think of anything but your name.”

“Bad hyung!”

Minho scratched his head. “It’s– the name Taemin made a huge change in my life; a best friend which presence is the most precious. Taemin is just right. Taemin is... yeah, Taemin is precious.”

“Taemin the dog or Taemin the human?”

“I can change it if you want to.”

“Which Taemin is precious, hyung??!”

 

 

 

----

My dinner burnt. I almost started a fire in my apartment too lol maybe I don't have any talent in cooking /sigh/ *ignore me*

How's everyone's life? Good? I hope so. I saw on twitter that today is our 2min's koala hug day 5th anniv! 0505! Kyaaa I still remember how Taemin jumped on Minho after he managed to overcome the 2,6m bar in dream team >< one of the best day of my life! 2min killed me that day.... ah~ our 2min~ why so cute~

I hope everyone still love 2min until forever, I'll do my best to love them too! Have a nice May 5th everyone!

kiss,

aqcelnicorus :D