Ovation

May for 2min

Ovation : An occasion when a crowd of people expresses great enjoyment and/or approval of something with loud and long clapping

Words : 747


 

 

Minho was a street musician, he travelled a lot, never he stayed in one place for long; he wanted to share– to play his music. But of all cities he had ever been, Seoul was the only one that impressed him the most. The country boy thought that the city was really had its own charm, it never failed to amaze him.

He came back to Seoul again after a year or so, wandering around the every corner with his guitar slanged on his broad shoulder. He wondered if the city missed him as much as he did. He chuckled happily, smiling his brightest smile also grinning ear to ear when the city welcomed him with bright lights contrasting with the dark night.

He walked around, played his music happily and put a small show for everyone, sharing his heart through his deep yet charming voice and light strum of his old guitar. He loved to see people tapping their feet or dancing to his songs, or when they clapped at the end of his songs. Minho was happy with everything he own, moreover satisfied with his music.

It was a habit of Minho to look after a small stage where he could play his music and yeah Seoul had a lot of them. He smiled seeing the crowd who sat comfortably on the green grass while watching the performers playing jazz. Minho always loved jazz because it needed no word to express things, music was enough.

Minho took the stage not long after it, with an old guitar in his hand. He sat on the chair with his left leg resting on a small portable stool he always brought. Claps were heard through the air as he introduced himself. He said it would be better if a keyboardist could accompany him. Then this guy, who was blonde and thin but pretty, took the seat as if he often played there.

Minho started to pluck the strings of his guitar creating dynamic and tonal expression of his music. His fingers started to create a calming and bubbly music and soon Minho’s heart was filled with happiness. He made eye contact with the keyboardist, signing where he could pick the rhythm and followed his playing.

As soon as the blonde pressed some note, Minho’s heart swelled. He didn’t know that from those small fingers would produce and add something deep into his music, his music sounded grand and complete. They matched well; very well it kept making Minho’s hair stood the entire time they jammed together. It was spontaneous yet they seemed to have practiced it before.

They didn’t need notations or tabs or any music sheets, just by staring and communicating into each other’s eyes they created a define music everyone could enjoy. Unconsciously the music gradually shifted from the happy mood into something more romantic. Minho’s calloused fingers kept creating gentle and firm tone and the keyboardist seemed to follow suit with their eyes never left each other, only sometimes to see if they got the same note at times.

The smooth and gentle music spoiled the audience, their music peaked up and once they stared into each other, signalling to end the grand jam, Minho felt his music was complete. He chuckled to the odd feeling he was feeling and his heart beat fast with their music kept playing inside his head. Minho bowed at the crowd, politely introduced the keyboardist and smiled while inhaling the sweet breeze around him. The crowd was loud, most of them were giving them standing ovation and that was one of the reasons why Minho loved to share his music, seeing how the crowd enjoyed his music.

Minho eyed the boy who was smaller than him, their eyes kept locking into each other; Minho sure they shared the same feeling because their music matched like fate. Minho approached him first, reaching out his hand. Nothing much to say between them because their music talked.

“Choi Minho.”

The boy shyly took the bigger hand, admiring how rough it was from years of playing guitar.

“Lee Taemin.”

Minho didn’t let go of it immediately, and luckily the boy didn’t mind it. The guitarist held the not so soft hand, he knew the boy practiced a lot, Minho was sure the boy loved his music as much as Minho loved his music. It showed when he plays.

“You live around here?”

“I’m a free spirit.”

Minho smiled at the answer, “Coffee?”

“Sure...”

 

 

 

---

Happy late May 16th!! That's it. Ah- and good evening!

peace,

aqcelnicorus :D