Horse

May for 2min

Horse : a large animal with four legs that people ride on or use for carrying things or pulling vehicles

Words : 876


 

 

Taemin settled under the tree where the moon shone brightly and the lake reflected it on its surface making it even brighter he didn’t need any light. He closed his eyes shortly after the wind blew gently over his face, spoiled by its ethereal and the smell of the woods.

He heard twigs broken by horse shoes –Taemin opened his eyes; just in case it was an attack but nothing came after times. He looked around wondering if he crossed some creature’s territorial or maybe some bandits wanted to rob him, nothing really happened.

Then his eyes saw something from across the lake, something that staring at him; a pair of eyes. Taemin pretended not to see, he closed his eyes just slightly but the horse shoes got closer. A horse?

No.

A centaur.

“I know you’re not asleep, human.”

Taemin gulped as he slowly opened his eyes to a half human half horse in front of him. He was tall just like a horse, body built–abs sculpted perfectly with a darker yet glowy skin compare to Taemin and voice deeper than the sea.

“What do you want? Why are you here?” His voice sounded harsher.

Taemin stood up and he was just about his chest, if Taemin fought him he might not be able to see the world tomorrow so he did nothing, not even thinking to run away because of course horse was faster.

“I’m just resting here.” His voice came out a little too shaky than he thought.

“Liar!” He roared and cornered Taemin to the tree.

Taemin’s throat was choked until he hardly breathed, he could only beg at the ragging centaur for mercy. Taemin raised his hand and touched the strong arm, he it gently as he asked him to let go with his eyes. He ran his hand upward, to his shoulder, to his face; there was a glint in its eyes, and he slowly loosened the grip. Taemin coughed when he finally set free from the tight choke.

Taemin smiled anyway, even when he fell to the ground quite harshly. The centaur looked at him with suspicious eyes still but the gaze softer than before.

“Why are you here?” He asked again, “Hunting centaur? I’m the only one that was left, you glad to found the last one?”

Taemin shook his head before he took his papers and pencil, he started to scratch the empty paper. He measured every inch with his pencil, he drew him.

“What are you doing, human?” He was getting impatient.

“I’m drawing you, I honestly glad that I found you...” Taemin raised his voice and smiled. “–very glad I found the last one. Ah– what’s your name? I believe centaur has name too, right?”

The centaur looked at him weirdly, “Why? So you could kill me as soon as you found me?”

Taemin laughed. “You’re so lonely you suspect everyone as a threat, don’t you?”

He stood up and pulled the centaur’s hand down, to sit, to look and stare at him closer.

“I’m glad I saw one before the extinction actually happened. I’m glad I found one so I could draw, ask things I’m curious about and write stories about you. It’s a shame if I or the other forgot the existence of such beautiful creature like you. Don’t you think so? I’m nothing but glad to see you, really.”

Taemin stared closer to his face, he was so magical and perfect yet he saw loneliness in his eyes, sadness too, he was the last of his kind. He was left behind so he must be hurt and lost and felt so tiny in this big world. Taemin touched the face, it flinched.

“I’m not going to hurt you...” He said as he caressed the cheek.

“I know.”

Taemin smiled at him. “How old are you?”

“A hundred by the next full moon. My kind usually dies in their 150, so I could either be dead in 50 years or longer or shorter– if human manage to kill me first.”

“50 years alone must be sorrowful.” Taemin sighed as he continued his drawing.

“I’ve been living 5 years alone, it was lonely and scary. You have no idea.”

“Yeah I don’t.”

Taemin once again touched the face as he drew his face in detail, the centaur’s eyes flattery closed showing the pretty long lashes and magnificent face.

 

“Minho is my name.”

“Minho?”

“Yeah.”

The scratches kept dominating the silent between them, it sounded comfortable yet insecure to the centaur. His heart still bargaining its judgement over Taemin.

“You have home?”

“I have.”

“Is it okay if I go there?”

“What for? I don’t trust you.”

“I won’t betray you,” Taemin bit his pinky and blood smeared on his little finger.

“I heard centaur made promise like this.”

The centaur wiped the blood over his chest and it.

“It’s not like that?”

“No. We don’t do that.”

Taemin smiled, the centaur’s saliva made it less painful magically.

“Why do you want me to take you there?”

“I’m alone too so why don’t we accompany each other? I want to write stories about you, want to make sure that you would be remembered by the world. Centaur exists, not a legend.”

 

 

 

---

Oho! Happy (early) May 13~ I'll be back soon after a short vacation! I wish to be able to watch SWC4 but I didn't get the ticket so I'm going to another country instead. What about SWC4 in somewhere in Europe? I will go there no matter what, just pls make it happen! *ignore me*

This is kind of sad, that Minho is the last centaur standing hing.... it's quite impossible to do breeding with Taem lol so yeah it's sad. Anyway, Taemin here is a fairytale writer so that's why he is insisting to draw and write about Minho.

Have a nice day everyone! I'll be back before you guys notice! Subscribe, comment and vote!

hugs,

aqcelnicorus :D