Ice

May for 2min

Ice : Water that has frozen and become solid

Words : 524


 

 

It was late at night when Taemin tiptoed inside the dark house with only warm light coming from the little lamp hanging in the kitchen. He looked around to make sure that nobody was around. Even so, he still lowered his hoodie to hide his face–just in case Minho would pop out of nowhere–and he tried so hard to walk noiseless despite his sprained ankle.

It’s not like he was scared of Minho, it’s just Taemin hated it when Minho had to take care of him; because he didn’t need Minho to see his messy face and he didn’t want to see a disappointed Minho.

Well it seemed like Taemin ran out of luck today too, for he heard a gentle movement he knew best beside him causing him to stop his steps, lower his head and cover his face. He heard a deep sigh before he felt a finger gently touched his balled fist. Taemin stared blankly at his fist, at his bleeding knuckles that he forgot to hide. As he looked up, he saw a pair of sleepy eyes staring at him with hundreds of questions also with silence that described worrisome, reliefs, angers, and understandings.

Minho stood in front of him, lifted his chin up to examine his beaten face and of course Taemin knew he was so in trouble judging from the ultimate silent. The older grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen, later he picked Taemin up to sit over the counter without saying much.

Guilty soon crept into Taemin’s heart as he watched Minho took out a small towel from the pocket of his pajamas, as if he knew this would happen. Their eyes locked but Taemin didn’t dare to open his mouth, not even a single word to explain what happened. Minho knew anyway.

His skin was slightly numb due to the hitting but he still could feel the prickly cold of ice pack Minho pressed against his skin. Minho carefully cleaned his fresh wound, took care of his bruising face and hands, and his sprained ankle too.

Minho stopped, Taemin didn’t need another word– the command was clear: take off your shirt– and a worried sigh was heard as he revealed his bruising stomach and chest. Taemin almost cried because the silence Minho gave was more painful than being hit.

“Who you fought with today?” Minho asked as he wrapped up all the wounds.

“The thugs from the neighbourhood.”

Minho immediately turned his back to control himself. He knew Minho was mad at him because Taemin fought a lot even though Minho always asked him to stop. It wasn’t the first time he went home beaten up, most of the nights were like this; until Minho was fed up getting angry at him, until cleaning Taemin’s wounds was his regular activity before sleep. Taemin just couldn’t promise him not to fight; hobby, he said.

Minho would always turn to him after some times, every time.

“You’re going to join me in bed or what?”

Taemin’s eyes glistened at the question, he didn’t need anything other than that; that Minho forgave him, again.

 

 

 

---

Hi! I'm back from my short vacation! We missed our flight back and had to buy another tickets which is expensive enough so I guess I and my brother had to work extra hard to recover our savings. Good things happened too, SHINee's comeback! But how come we didn't stay up on the chart for a long time? I kept replaying view from melon, did everyone tried their best?? Well I do agree that we shawol isn't that good at YTview and vote and chart but come on! Our boys worked so hard for this, let's appreciate them! Let's do our best for them too!

Anyway, I'll catch up to the rest of my stories by tomorrow I need some sleep, jetlag lol

love,

aqcelnicorus :D