Secrets Revealed

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning sunlight creeps between Myungsoo’s curtains. He opened his eyes and realizing an amazing smell came along and tempted him.

“Morning,” Woohyun greeted.

“Whoa, geez. What brings you here this early?”

“Checking how you’re holding on.” Myungsoo took a pen and crossed another day on his calendar. He was left with exactly 2 months now. “Hyunae’s preparing breakfast.”

“Hyun-“ He gasped. “Ah I almost forgot that we’re staying together.”

“Have you gained other memories?”

 Myungsoo weakly shook his head. It was strange. It has been more than 2 weeks since the boy with the balloon vision he had, and nothing came up ever since.

Hyunae knocked his door, making Woohyun quickly disappear into thin air. “Are you awake?” she asked with low voice, in case Myungsoo was still asleep.

“Yeah. I’ll be out in a minute.”

There were pancakes, fruits, complete with a glass of green juice. It looked incredibly amazing for Myungsoo. Never in his life he had been served this kind of breakfast before –well, at least for his life after he’s back from death.

“You don’t mind not having a Korean breakfast, do you?”

“No, absolutely not.” Myungsoo pulled a chair and sat down. “This is more than I’ll ever ask.” Hyunae smiled. “Did you sleep well?” he asked and Hyunae nodded as an answer. “Did you dream about me?”

Hyunae lifted her head. Their eyes met, and soon she felt her cheeks are hot. She quickly looked down and cleared awkwardly. “N-No. It would be a bad dream, you know.”

Myungsoo pout –feeling it was unfair. “I had a bad dream.” Hyunae lifted her head again, wondering what would he possibly dreamt. “I dreamt about you,” Myungsoo smiled.

“Wha-“ Hyunae blinked her eyes and avoided his gaze. He’s a jerk. How could he like that? That angelic smile was bad enough to melts her heart. But those words –the words I dreamt about you- it was a miracle to be spoken right in front of her.

Myungsoo’s expression grew gloomy. It was lucky for him that Hyunae didn’t see his face. He indeed dreamt about her, but it was a real bad dream. He dreamt about his last day. How he will once again die and gone from the world. How Hyunae will forget everything about him. How no one… will remember a thing about him.

The breakfast soon came to an end. They went out together. Myungsoo was going to go back to work, while Hyunae was having a class as usual.

 

That evening…

Hyunae and Myungsoo went out for grocery. “Youngji and Jackson are coming tonight,” Hyunae said. “You wouldn’t mind, right?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “So what are we cooking?”

“Mmm….” They strolled down the market, walking side by side with a trolley in front of them.

“Let’s have some meat, shall we?” Myungsoo pointed at the meat section. The beef was particularly tempting, especially the Korean Beef with that perfect marbelling. Imagining how the fat will melts in existence of heat, and the sizzling sound on top of the griller made his mouth waters.

“It’s too expensive,” Hyunae said. She tried to pull Myungsoo away from the section.

“Nah, it’s okay.” Myungsoo turned to the lady at the counter. “Can I have rib eye please? It’s for 4 people,” he said.

“Ya, do you have the money?” Hyunae grabbed his arm and whispered. She didn’t have any idea where Myungsoo’s money came from. He doesn’t look like a chaebol, nor does he have a great job. He is only a part-time barista who doesn’t even graduate from college. Well, she could never imagine he has a grim reaper who gave him 1 billion, right?

“I told you not to worry about money.” Myungsoo held her hand, trying to convince her.

“You look good together,” the lady at the meat section said. “Are you two married?”

Everybody understands that it’s a common picture of a newlywed couple to go grocery together. Myungsoo and Hyunae were no exception.

Hyunae quickly waved her hands and shook her head at the same time.

Myungsoo smiled. “No,” he paused. He turned to Hyunae and smiled. “Not yet.”

Hyunae gasped. She quickly looked away, trying to hide her –steamed crab like- face. No means no. But not yet means… they’re going to be! Her heart skipped a beat from the thought of having Myungsoo as her husband.

“Aigoo.. You’re so lucky, young lady.” The seller said again as she passed the beef to Myungsoo. Hyunae nodded shyly and smiled.

“Thank you,” Myungsoo said. He put the beef in the trolley and held Hyunae’s hand. For a second, Hyunae’s gasped soundlessly. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter