Regained the Lost Memories

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo and Youngji were still watching the movie. Truth is, both of them didn’t really pay attention to it. It’s indeed a comedy movie, but they were too nervous at the presence of Hyunae. They laughed loudly, even when they didn’t really know what happened. Putting such an act was not easy, especially since they don’t have such feeling towards each other.

“Was it okay?” Youngji whispered.

Myungsoo nodded weakly. His gaze was locked at Hyunae’s door. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He felt guilty; guilty to deceive her. It breaks his heart not to talk to her.

“You okay?” Youngji tapped his shoulder and he smiled. Right at that moment, Youngji knows that Myungsoo was really in love with Hyunae. She knew that he meant every word he has said. And she knew that he’s hurt, but it was a sacrifice he’s willing to make to protect the person he loves.

“Maybe I should go….” Youngji hesitantly said as she stood up –still with a low volume, in case Hyunae hasn’t sleep.

“Ah… right. Sorry to make you do this, Youngji.” They walked to the door.

“Ey… Don’t mention it. I’m just helping my friend,” Youngji said and smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Myungsoo said –purposely rising up his voice.

Youngji who noticed it nodded. “Good night Myungsoo,” she said.

“Ah! I’ll drop you home,” he said. “It’s already late.”

Youngji smiled. It may just because he wanted Hyunae to her his affection towards her. But it wasn’t in the scenario, so maybe it was purely his good manner to offer her such thing.

 

***

 

Myungsoo went back home right after he dropped Youngji home. He went in to her room and slammed his body to his bed and stretched. It was a long-tiring day, physically, and mentally.

“What are you doing?”

“WHOA! Geez~ Can you at least greet me or something before asking anything?!” Myungsoo flinched at Sungkyu’s sudden appearance.

“Well then.  Annyeong,” Sungkyu waved his hand emotionlessly even when he knew it was too late to say it.

“Ya!”

Sungkyu chuckled. “So?”

“What?”

“What are you doing?”

“I really don’t know that Reapers don’t have eyes. I am relaxing, what else? It’s not like I can swim on my bed.”

“Not that. About Hyunae. Why did you do that?”

“Ah~” Myungsoo shrugged. “It’s just… making it easier for me to let her go.”

“I told you she would not remember anything.”

“Not for her. For me. It was you who said I shouldn’t be too close to her, wasn’t it?” He paused. “I guess you’re right.”

It wasn’t for him. It was never meant for him. Everything he did was dedicated for Hyunae. He doesn’t even care what will happen to him. It doesn’t matter if he get hurt, as long as he can help Hyunae to get through this.

Sungkyu tapped his shoulder, giving him a quiet support. “Okay I’ll let you take a rest,” he said and disappeared second after.

                                                        

The Next Morning…

Myungsoo went out from his room. He was all ready to go out, dressed simply with his t-shirt and jeans. He grabbed some toast and shoved it to his mouth. Munching that crusty warm toast, he too k out some milk. It was the breakfast ritual he always have every morning.

“Going somewhere?” Hyunae went out, still with her sleepy eyes and messy hair. It’s not what a normal girl would do. Showing her bare and puffed face in the morning.

Myungsoo tried to hide his smile –reminding himself that he needed to make Hyunae hates him. “Eo, I’m going to work. You don’t have class?”

She shook her head. “Today’s class is cancelled.”

“Ah~. Then I’ll be going.” Myungsoo grabbed his backpack and walked out. “Bye,” he said as he left the room.

Hyunae took a deep breath and stretched her arms out. She grabbed a glass and took a sip of warm water, thinking what she should do today. She wonders if Youngji has any plan today.

She dialed Youngji’s number, and it wasn’t long until she get an answer. “Hello?” Youngji said.

“What are you doing today?”

“I have class. Why?”

“My class’s cancelled,” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter