Tied to Each Other

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY Youngji!!!!”

Youngji smiled and blew the 21 candles on her cake.

It was Youngji’s 21st birthday. She threw a party in a five stars hotel. Indeed, she’s one and only daughter of a multinational company’s Chief. Money is not a problem for her.

Despite of her clumsiness and her cheerfulness, Youngji likes anything classic and elegant. That was one of the reasons why she used fine dining concept instead of buffet. And that was the reason why she chooses a classic black gown rather than a cute modern cocktail dress.

Being popular was one of her favorite. Not because she likes popularity, but more because she likes to make friends and wants to have a lot of friends. However, her love to make ‘friends’ seems to make her single up until now.

“Hyunae-ah!” Youngji waved her hand to a girl sitting in the corner. The girl suddenly lifted her head in surprise. Youngji run lightly with her silver colored designer shoes. “What are you doing? Why do you look so lonely? Where’s Jackson?”

HyunAe is Youngji’s best friend for more than 10 years. They used to live as a neighbor back when they were 5. Even if Hyunae is not as rich as her, Youngji still respect her and always nice to her. Sometimes Youngji bought her some clothes, or even asked HyunAe’s family to go on a trip together. Sometimes Hyunae helped her with her study, and sometimes treats her with cheap street snacks. In fact, even if Youngji is very rich, she never acts like she’s higher than any of her friends. That was one of the reasons her friends like her.

“Jackson?” Hyunae repeated. “He went to washroom just now. Why?”

Youngji pouted. “It will be dance party soon, make sure he come back. Or else you will not have a dance partner! Or maybe a scary stranger will approach you…” She warned.

“Scary… stranger?” Hyunae raised her eyebrow.

Youngji nods. “Well… if the stranger is handsome and nice it will be good. And you two fall in love at the first sight…” Youngji clapped her hands and started to imagine how romantic it would be. It will be a total drama-like scene!

“Ya!” Hyunae snapped. “Crazy b*tch. Then how about you? You don’t have boyfriend either.”

“Don’t tell me…”

“What?”

“We are forever alone?”

“Tsk… We are still 21! Later when you reach 40 and you don’t have any boyfriend then you can say that.”

Youngji paused for second. “Ah I need to go back. The dance will start soon!” She said as she walked away. “See you…”

Hyunae sighed and took another sip of her red wine.

“Ladies and gentleman….” The MC said as he took over the party. “Now we have come to the highlight of this party!”

Hyunae looked right and left, looking for her other best friend, Jackson to come.

As classic as Youngji imagined, she turned the crazy disco dance to an elegant ballroom dance.

People were starting to look for partners. Some got boyfriend/girlfriend, but some put courage to approached new people around them.

“Lee Hyunae-shi?” a man suddenly said his deep yet soft voice.

Hyunae lifted her head and in front of her was a tall and good looking man standing and smiling at her.

“Who…?”

“Will you dance with me?” he stared at her and slowly reached out his hand.

Hyunae’s soul started to melt. This is what she called a “drama comes true”. The scenes that she can only find in drama were happening now. She could never dare to dream this kind of thing would ever happen to her. A tall, handsome, and -maybe- rich man was standing in front of her and wanted to dance with her. What could be more mesmerizing than a gentleman in his tux approached a girl and asked her to dance in a classical way movies have always shown?

Is it real? Or is it just a dream?

Hyunae was not really sure of what was happening that she reached out her hand towards his. The deep gaze and the warm smile of him made her heart beat faster. This is the first time she ever feel this thing. Is it what they called love?

With her hand on his, the man led her on the dance floor. The man took her other hand and placed it on his shoulder gently. The man put his hand on Hyunae’s slim waist, and he entwined his fingers on hers.

Hyunae was too immersed of the situation that she didn’t realize that people around her were looking at both of them.

They start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter