I Knew You

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the third day for L.  He crossed the calendar with his marker, counting down to the end of his life. It was not any fun to do, but he must do what he has to do. He told himself thousand times that it was not a living, it’s just an adventure to get his memories back. Should it end in pain, let there be pain.

He put on his black sweater over his white shirt, brushed his hair and checked his grooming one last time. He put on his white and black sneaker, tied it up and walked out his room.

He went to Seoul University, waiting in front of the gate, hoping he could find Hyunae. Some students looked at him and nodded as they walked past. Myungsoo looked down sometimes, trying to hide his face. It could be a disaster if he did something wrong in front of someone who knows him. But seems like he worried for nothing. For some reason, no one came and talk to him. Most of them will just nod and smile at him, politely greeting without saying a word.

His smile grew when he saw Hyunae walking with her gaze locked on her phone.

Myungsoo stopped in front of her, making her stopped her step, but she was too busy to pay attention to what’s in front of her. She took one step to the right and continued to walk.

Myungsoo frowned, thinking of what made her look so intense with her phone. He run lightly catching her up and once again stopped in front of her.

“Lee Hyunae-ssi?” He finally spoke.

Hyunae gasped. She knew this voice. The voice that made her heart beat.

She looked up, and found Myungsoo smiling at her. She couldn’t help but froze with gaping.

“Good morning,” Myungsoo said again.

Hyunae blinked her eyes and shook her head. She slapped her cheek, making sure it was not a dream. And well, it wasn’t.

“A-Are you a student here too?” Hyunae awkwardly said, trying to break the ice between them.

“No,” Myungsoo said. “Uhh… actually I don’t know.” He didn’t find any ID showing that he is one of the students, but looking at how people greeting him, seems like he’s one.

Hyunae frowned. “Uh.. what kind of answer is that? Anyway how old are you?”

“I’m 21,” Myungsoo answered lightly.

“And you don’t go to college?” Hyunae asked. “Are you working?”

Myungsoo shook his head. The fact that he had 1 billion stored for 100 days is more than enough to live. “Is that important?”

“You are… jobless?” Hyunae suddenly moved backward. “You are not some sort of gangster do you?”

Myungsoo smiled. “Have you found a gangster asking you to dance? Or saying good morning while smiling to you?”

Hyunae’s memories rolled back to her. Yesterday night on Youngji’s birthday party, where he suddenly appeared in a neat tux, asking her to dance like a total gentleman. And how he greeted her with his smile this morning with the cute looking fashion. He is just….

“Hyunae, what are you doing?” Youngji tapped her shoulder from behind, making her woke up from her sweet daydream of being Cinderella.

“Hi,” Myungsoo smiled at Youngji. “Heo Youngji, I believe?” Myungsoo offered his hand to her.

Youngji couldn’t do much. She was taken aback with that angelic smile.  Those dimples and those gentle eyes were just to distractive.

“I’m Kim Myungsoo, nice to meet you,” he said as they shook their hand. It was quite some time their hands locked. Youngji was blankly stared at him without noticing it.

“Did he disturb you?” Jackson suddenly appeared out of nowhere, grasping Myungsoo’s hand.

Myungsoo released his hand from Youngji, realizing what was happening, thinking that this man could be Youngji’s boyfriend.

Youngji quickly shook her head, stopping Jackson from the misunderstanding. Jakson can be quite protective sometime, especially to Youngji and Hyunae. Maybe it is because he is the only man in the group. He felt responsible for the safety of both of them.

Youngji turned back to Hyunae who was at pause. “Hyunae I give you two a time alone. Don’t be late for the class,” she said and she dragged Jackson’s arm and walked away.

They were bickering. Jackson was asking why they had to leave Hyunae hundred times while Youngji kept saying that both Hyunae and Myungsoo need a chance to be alone.  Jackson kept looking back, worrying that Myungsoo could do smoething evil to his bestfriend. Well, it was his first time to meet Myungsoo.

“I-I have to go,” Hyunae stuttered and tried to walk away, but Myungsoo followed and walked beside her.

“What time does your class end?”

“Why do I have to tell you?”

“Can wee meet later?” Myungsoo was well aware that it was probably the stupidest way to pickup a line. But he didn’t have much choice, he had to know her fast. His time was only 100 days.

Hyunae frowned. Part of her said that he was only a crazy man who was obsessed over her. Or maybe he was a handsome person obsessed with . Trying to get her on the hook and spit her out after one night.

But another part of her said that he might be the one. The one she could love, the one she could rely on. He is indeed having all physical criteria to be on her ideal type.

Hyunae took a deep breath. “3

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter