A Boy with Balloon

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo woke up and stretched his body.

“Good morning,” Sungkyu was there, leaning on the wall, just like how he appeared the other day.

“Whoa, what brings you here? It’s still early.”

“Just checking how you are doing.”

Myungsoo stood up. “Good. I’m doing alright.”

“You remembered something, didn’t you?” Sungkyu asked.

“Mm-hmm,” Myungsoo nodded. “I had crush on Hyunae.”

“Anything else?”

“Nothing much. Not for now.” Myungsoo took out a box of milk. Pouring it into a glass and drank it. “Milk?” He offered Sungkyu.

“Perhaps you don’t know that reapers don’t eat.”

“Right.” Myungsoo put back the milk into the fridge.

Sungkyu looked at him. “Are you sure you want to do this?”

Myungsoo turned to him. He remembered what Woohyun said, about how people like him ended in pain.

“I know why you ask, but this is the way I choose. I need to know, and I am here because I need to do something.” Myungsoo paused. “Isn’t it why God gave me this chance?”

“You know, you can give up now. Resting in peace, no pain or burden.”

Myungsoo smiled. “Thanks for the offer,” he said. “And thanks for worrying about me.”

Sungkyu sighed. “I wish the best for you. I really do, L. See you around, then,” he said and he was gone.

 

Myungsoo took out his phone. He messaged Hyunae, asking if she would be free this evening. Unfortunately, she replied with ‘no’. She said she has got an appointment with her relatives.

Myungsoo felt a bit disappointed. But there was nothing he could do. He was no one to her anyway.

There was nothing much he could do alone. He didn’t knew anyone even himself. And so he decided to look for a job. Not for money, he just needed to find something to do in daily basis. There’s no way he could always stick to Hyunae.

He went to the café near the University –the one he visited yesterday. He noticed that they were hiring a part-timer.

The owner –a lady in her 30-s- sit opposite him and smiled. It was clear enough that she loved Myungsoo’s looks. Maybe if she hired him, there will be more female customers coming to her café. More revenue! All he needed to do is to do well in serving.

They had come to agreement that he will need one day training before she will finally pay him. And so, he began to work that day, learning how to brew coffee, steaming milk, pouring, and everything. It was quite fun for him. Learning how to be a barista.

 

***

 

“Welcome,” Myungsoo greeted automatically when he heard the bell rang.

“Oh, Kim Myungsoo.”

It was Youngji, together with Jackson. It looked like they just finished their classes.

“You work here?” Youngji asked.

“Yeah, I just got hired this morning. Part-time,” he said. “Hey, I saw you yesterday. Kim Myungsoo,” he offered his hand to Jackson.

“Wang Jackson,” he said.

“Youngji’s boyfriend?” Myungsoo asked.

Youngji and Jackson looked at each other for a few seconds, before they started to get panicked and denied it awkwardly.

“Everything’s okay?” Myungsoo’s colleague came, after noticing Youngji and Jackson was there for quite some time.

“No, nothing’s wrong. They are my friends,” Myungsoo said. “Can I get your order?” He turned back at Youngji and Jackson.

“I’ll get the iced Hazelnut Latte,” Youngji said.

“Caramel Macchiato for me, iced as well,” Jackson followed.

Myungsoo gave them a buzzer and let them to take a seat and wait.

The owner was happy to see that. Myungsoo did everything very well. He learnt fast, and he has got this ability to serve people with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter