All are Pointless

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday morning, marked as Myungsoo’s 10th day. He had 90 days left, and it seemed too fast for him. He has not gained anything since the boy with the balloon. It was still too vague for him to know anything.

He dialed Hyunae’s number, to check what she was doing, and if she got any plan for today.

“Helloo….” Hyunae answered. From the voice she produced, Myungsoo knew she was still half asleep.

Myungsoo smiled. “Still sleeping?”

Hyunae eyes widen. She quickly sat up straight. Looks like Myungsoo’s voice were more effective than any alarm in the world. “Uh.. n-no, no,” she stuttered as she tried to brush her hair with hands. “Why did you call?”

Myungsoo chuckled. Girls are cute. They tried to be good in front of men to impress them. “Do you have any appointment today?”

“No. Why?”

“Do you want to go on a date?”

Hyunae lifted her head and stared blankly. It has been so long since a man asked her to go out on a date, except for Jackson. When he is bored and Youngji’s not available, he would call her and ask her to go out with his fluent English –trying to impress her- but failed, unfortunately.

“Hello?” Myungsoo called again. Making sure the line was not cut.

Hyunae blinked her eyes, woken up from her tiny little world. “Where are we going?”

“Leave that to me. It’s going to be fun, trust me.” He said. “How long do you need?”

Hyunae frowned. “Need for what?”

“To get ready,” he said. “I’m waiting in front of your house.”

“MWO?!” Hyunae unknowingly shouted. She ran to her window and found Myungsoo was standing in front of her gate. He waved his hand to Hyunae and smiled, but she was not so happy to see him.

“Oh, still wearing pajamas?”

Hyunae gasped and quickly pulled her curtain to hide it. She blushed from embarrassment.

“I need 1 hour,” she said. “At least….” she sighed as she closed her window. She rushes to prepare her clothes –still with her phone on.

“Arasseo, I can wait,” Myungsoo said. “Hey, do you want coffee? I can go buy for you and come back.”

“Y-yeah, sure!.” She said in rush.

“Vanilla latte, 1 shot, soy milk, 2 pumps vanilla, right?” Myungsoo stated just like how he repeats order from customer.

Hyunae stopped her moves. Myungsoo has never failed to amaze her. He remembered the kind of coffee she liked most. And for Hyunae, those small little things are the one she wants from a man.

“Right…” she answered.

“Okay, I’ll get going then. See you,” he said and they hung up.

Having no time to waste, Hyunae rushes over to bathroom.

 

1 hour later…

Myungsoo run with a cup of coffee on his hand. Actually it didn’t take that long to get to the café. It’s just that he wanted the coffee to be hot when Hyunae drink it, so he bought it last minute.

Soon enough, Hyunae came out. She was wearing a comfy sweater, a short, and a pair of sneaker. It was not so girly and beautiful, she admits, but 1 hour is really not enough for a girl to get dressed up perfectly.

“You look cute,” Myungsoo said as he passed the coffee to her.

“Thanks,” She grabbed the coffee and sips it. “Oh? It’s still hot,” she said in disbelief.

“I bought it 5 minutes ago,” he said and smiled –relieved that she enjoyed it.

Hyunae smiled as she took another sip. This is what she likes from Myungsoo. He cares a lot about all small things. Including how he tried his best to give her a hot coffee.

“Gaja.” (let’s go)

“Where are we going?”

“Mmm… amusement park.”

Hyunae mouth hung open. “Jinjja?” her eyes widen and her smile grew in excitement. Hyunae really loves to play in amusement park. She enjoys every rides in there, but sad enough, most of her friends don’t want to go with her. They prefer to go with their boyfriend/girlfriend.  

“Do you like it that much?” Myungsoo asked, and Hyunae nodded.

They walked side by side, talking and laughing. There seems to be no end in their conversation. It was fun for both of them, especially Myungsoo. Well, it’s understandable. He had no friends to talk to except for Hyunae, Youngji, Jakcson and his Grim Reapers.

They finally reached their destination after around 30 minutes riding a bus. They bought the tickets and went in. The park was packed with people. It was Saturday afterall.  

Myungsoo stopped his steps out of sudden, making Hyunae turned her head to him, wondering what was wrong. His gaze was locked at the ferris wheel. There was something about that ferris wheel, he could feel it.  

He pointed the ferris wheel. “Do you want to ride that?”

Somehow, Hyunae didn’t really want to go there. She had a bad memory about that ferris wheel. But looking at Myungsoo, she couldn’t help but accept it. Who knows if she can make a happier memory with him?

 

They get to rode after 5 minutes queuing. Myungsoo sat silently. Seems like there’s something important that had happened here before.

Myungsoo suddenly grunts in pain, making Hyunae panicked. He held his head and looked down.

“Why? Why? What’s wrong??” Hyunae asked. “Are you okay?”

Myungsoo saw himself, sitting in one of the capsule alone. He was looking up. Next to his capsule was Hyunae. She was also alone, but she was crying. He looked at her silently –like he was worried about her.

“Myungsoo-ah?” Hyunae shook his body. “Kim Myungsoo,” she called louder.

Myungsoo blinked his eyes. “Ah, sorry about that,” he forced a smile. “You must be worried.”

“Are you okay?”

He nodded weakly. “Sorry Hyunae. I shouldn’t bring you here…”

“Why? Don’t you want to ride this?”

He hesitated. “What happened that day?” he asked, and Hyunae tilted her head. “I saw you… crying.”

Hyunae lowered her eyes. “You were there?” Hyunae remembered Myungsoo said he had his eyes on her for quite a long time. But she’d never expect he saw her here. “It’s nothing much. I saw my crush kissed another girl.” She smiled, but somehow her eyes started to get teary. It was not just her crush, it was actually her first love. “I was so stupid,” Hyunae laughed at herself.

Myungsoo felt sorry for her. It must not be easy for her, to witness that scene.

He suddenly flicked his finger on Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter