Starting Again

A Living Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunae’s POV:

It has been a week since my date with Myungsoo. I clearly remembered how he softly kissed my forehead, and how he smiled warmly at me. I called Youngji and told her what had happened that day. I was so happy, so happy that I thought it was only a dream.

But now… I really wished they were just a dream.

I haven’t met Myungsoo since that day. Everyday I waited for him, hoping that he would pop out of nowhere just like how he usually does. But everyday was no show. No matter what time, I didn’t get to see any sign of him.

I went to the café he worked, just in case he was busy working. But my guess was wrong. The owner said Myungsoo didn’t show up there either, the only message she got is that Myungsoo was not feeling well so he stopped working there for a while.

I tried to call him, but his phone was turned off. My worry grew everyday. I didn’t know what’s wrong. Youngji told me that he’s just a jerk who played with my feelings. Disappear right after I have fallen for him. I know it might be true. But I can’t help but worrying about him. Even if he doesn’t love me, I really want to make sure that he is okay.

“Hyunae-ah,” Youngji called me. She pulled a chair in front of me and sat down.

I forced a smile on my face. I couldn’t think straight. Not after those thoughts about Myungsoo. “Where’s Jackson?” I calmly asked, trying to sound normal.

“He’s having a class. Still thinking about him?” I nodded weakly. “Ya, just forget about him. He’s probably with another girl now.”

I looked down and sighed. Once again I wanted to deny it so badly. I wanted to say that he is a good man, that he loves me. But I couldn’t. I couldn’t prove it myself.

“I just want to know he’s okay, you know.”

Youngji looked at me silently for few seconds. “Hyunae-ah,” she held my hand, “even when he come back to you, don’t expect too much from him.”

I know Youngji’s worried about me. There was not a lot of time this thing happened. I was always cautious around boys. You can say, I am hardly falling in love, but when I do, I fell hard. And most of the times, I got hurt. They betrayed me. Maybe I am not good enough.

 

Myungsoo’s POV:

I gulped down another glass of soju. I was in such a mess. Since Woohyun told me how Hyunae wouldn’t remember about me, I completely lost my will to live. Sungkyu has asked me to give up now and then, but I rejected. I didn’t feel right about ending it this way. I still need to know what killed me.

Woohyun came and sat next to me. He came a few times before, but he never talked to me. Most of the time, he sighed, then disappear. Maybe he felt guilty about telling me the truth, or maybe he was just disgusted about how I handled this situation.

“Hey L,” Woohyun finally started to talk. “I know it’s hard, but you’ve wasted 7 days with nothing.” I kept silent. I couldn’t find the words, my head was aching from all the alcohol that I couldn’t think straight.

He tapped my shoulder. “Remember that your purpose here is to regain your memory. You are not suppose to live again, L. You can’t make memories, you were dead, remember?”

I took another shot. My head was heavy as hell, and my liver started to react. I could puke it all out in anytime now.

“She may not remember about you, L. But you will still remember about her.” I lifted my head. “Make a good memories! Erase your past, start a new one. Make these 100 days your happiest. Bring it with you once you go back to heaven. Do it for your own good.” He said.

 

***

 

I woke up, feeling nauseous. It was normal, realizing how much soju I’ve had. Looks like I passed out.

My room was clean. No more empty bottles of soju lying around. It was probably Woohyun. It comes to my realization that reapers could do anything they wished. But I’m pretty sure there was a limitation for it.

I took a shower, letting the cold water washed down my body. And my thoughts started to roll. Maybe Woohyun was right. Maybe I just need to take this head on. I should be ready with this. I should have expected the worst. It was all my fault.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter