Date Me Under 16 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

"Please don't do that again," you say a few minutes after they've finally let you down. You're feeling a little nauseous from the experience, but you still remain in glee after your team's victory. Jaebum returns to his serious demeanour again, looking at you questionably. 

"Who told you to shoot like that in the first place?"

"The important thing is!" Jackson interrupts. "Is that I saved it. We won. Isn't that the most important thing to you, Jaebum, that we won?"

"Whatever," he just plops onto the grass, left with nothing else to say. Of course how can Jaebum still complain after your team won? Even if it's a fluke, still! This guy. 

The other team comes up and joins your little circle, with everyone introducing themselves to you (and you the same, loud enough for everyone to hear) and telling you that you performed a really good game. Jackson doesn't seem to mind that you're getting all the attention despite him being the one who scored the goal; still, you try not to discount Jackson's ultimate contribution to the game.

"He won us the game, you know," you point helplessly at Jackson. 

"But you assisted!" Youngjae says.

The guys start chit chatting to each other. You're quiet through the whole exchange because it seems like these guys go way back, but it's not like you're uncomfortable with the ordeal. In fact, you enjoy hearing the stories they have about each other as kids. 

Soon, you notice Mark looking at you, and he gives you a smile. Seeing as neither of you have pitched in the conversation, you head over to him and plop back on the grass. "Hey, Mark!"

"Hey," he responds. "Nice shot." 

"Well, I did recall a certain someone telling me to 'go with my gut feeling'," you smile proudly at him.  

"You listened to me, huh," he says, sounding a little bit surprised.

"Of course I did, you sounded confident in yourself."

"I see," he stalls. "But, uh, anyway, don't tell Jaebum I told you that."

You nod, zipping your lips and throwing the 'key' away.

"So, how long are you staying?" he asks.

"Not long, I should head back soon," you say, suddenly remembering that you should return to your parents after having 'explored the area' for about an hour now. Well, more couple time for them, you guess.

"I mean, how long are you staying at camp?" he clarifies, gesturing his arms to the wide open area in front of you.

"Oh! A week, but maybe I can leave earlier and get out of this hole if I'm lucky," you quickly turn to him in a panic. "Uh, I mean, not to say I didn't enjoy tonight..."

"Yeah, sure," he says unconvincingly, though you can tell he's trying to hide a smile.

"I really did! I mean, we won after all!" 

"By a of luck," you hear Jaebum snort as he walks by. 

"Yeah yeah."

You pout.

He laughs, "I'm just kidding."

The silence wears on between you and Mark as he starts to pick on the grass quite diligently. He looks like he's in deep thought.

"I guess, if you enjoyed tonight--"

"I really did," you sigh in resignation.

He smiles. "Since you enjoyed tonight," he corrects. "Do you want to come again?" he asks, almost softly.

Cute goal keeper Mark inviting you again? Yes siree...

"I mean, you can think about it, but-"

"I would love to come again," you smile widely. "I guess, I'll see you all tomorrow then?"

"You're going?"

"Yeah. Parents might be wondering where I am."

He nods in understanding. "Alright, we'll see you at three."

"I'll be looking forward to it!"

 

To be continued...