Date Me Under 26 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

You leave the field after deciding that your parents might be concerned of your whereabouts, even though they were the ones who took your phone and told you to go and wander off in a place that you're not familiar with. But no, you probably could have stayed a little longer seeing as your parents are cuddling and looking at the stars at the same time, which you thought was pretty gross (but kind of sweet). 

"Hey guys!" you chirp, digging through your suitcase for your toothbrush and paste. 

"Oh hey," your dad observes. "Well, somebody's in a good mood."

"Did you have a good time?"

"Yeah! Well, I was playing soccer with some people."

"Oh that's interesting!"

"Yeah, I know right, we won!" you say with excitement bubbling inside you. "You really should have seen this guy, mum! He made such a cool kick I was so shocked at first. It went like this," you try to do a demonstration, but end up doing some sort of weird pirouette. "Well, you get the idea. It's one of those tornado soccer kicks or something."

Your dad laughs. "Sounds like you had a pretty good time! What did I tell you kid? This camping is a blessing to anyone that steps foot here."

"Yeah yeah, whatever, I'm going to freshen up and sleep. It's been a long night!" 

 

End of chapter one