Date Me Under 19 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

Silence passes as you glare at him. Soon, you reach forward and plummet your hand down on his face, which is protected by his snapback (fortunately for him). He shoots upright, looking at you furiously. 

"What was that for?!" he barks, rubbing his nose. 

"I don't know who you think you are, but are you seriously blaming me just because I passed the ball to you?! It's not my fault that you at scoring!" you huff, staring at the grass (and from the distance, you hear a 'You said it, dude!' from Jackson). 

Right away, you're awestruck and even scared over the repercussions of your impulsive outburst. But that was just so unfair, considering he doesn't blame Jackson for any of the blips he made throughout the game. Not that you're blaming him or anything, but dammit does he like to pick on the newcomer or something? 

Or maybe he's a misogynist. Well sorry you are born a girl!

Jaebum just stares at you, like he can't believe you just told him off like that. Soon, you see some hope when the antagonism in his eyes slowly thins, and he turns away. 

It's silent for a bit. 

"Sorry," he finally says, though it's barely a whisper. You look at him, sensing that it took a lot of courage for him to say that.

"I'm sorry too," you say, looking at his red nose...

He gives you a resentful look, but it disappears just as quickly.

"I just can't believe I missed," he sighs. 

"Well, there'll be a next time," you say, trying to cheer him up. "Don't be so serious, Jaebum~"

He looks at you intensely, slowly leaning in. You feel a little flustered under his gaze, but for some reason you can't really look away. Seriously, why is he looking at you like that?

"What?" you eventually ask.

"I never caught your name."

You introduce yourself. 

"Jaebum, but obviously you know that already," he says, returning to his previous position. "Anyway, you should head back," he stands up and puts on his snapback, turning it back. "It's getting late."

"Yeah," you look at the starry sky. "It is."

"So, you gonna hang out again?" 

"Really?" you ask unsurely.

"Hey, if you want tips for the next time we play against them, then yeah, whatever," he looks at your expression. "Well, the offer stands. We'll be here tomorrow from three."

"Right," you slowly nod.

"Okay then, walk back safely," he says, walking past to join the others. 

 

To be continued...