Date Me Under 12 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

Everyone starts standing in their positions, including you, with Jaebum starting the kick off. When the match begins, he passes the ball to Jackson, and you feel overwhelmed and a little bit scared when everyone starts ambushing him, dispersing only a few seconds later with Jackson lying on the ground. 

"Jackson, be serious!" Jaebum says.

Jackson just laughs as he gets off the ground, running towards the ball again. You start running for the ball as well, but every time the ball comes near you (and not because Jackson or Jaebum have passed the ball to you) you can't help but run away like your life depends on it. 

It's totally a war zone here! It's only natural to run where danger is avoided!

In the end, your cowardice had resulted in a short but crucial opening for one of them to shoot, and makes a clean goal as Mark doesn't quite catch the ball in time. 

"Yeahh!!!!!" Yugyeom whoops and runs around with his arms like wings, collding into the embraces of his other team players. On the other side, Jaebum looks at you quite fiercely, but Jackson holds him back.

"Hey, friendly soccer game remember?" Jackson says.

The match resumes. This time Jackson and Jaebum are actively passing the ball to each other, surpassing the defences of the team opponents. You still stand there like a mannequin, but you're in awe of their skills, especially Jackson as he starts to take the match more seriously now. Eventually, Jaebum barely scrapes a goal, rendering both teams at 1:1 by the time the first half of the game has finished. 

Your team regroups again, all reaching for their bottles. 

"Remember, like Mark said, don't be scared of the ball," Jaebum says, a little out of breath.

"Any time the ball is near, just kick it as far away from our goal even if it rolls out of bounds," Jackson advises.

Jaebum scrunches his nose. "I don't like that idea."

"Oh yeah, you got a better idea?" Jackson retorts.

"How about for you to shut your mouth?" 

Jackson gasps.

Mark takes a sip. "Don't feel pressured," he says softly.

"I already feel that way..." you admit.

"Just go with your gut feeling. Whatever you think is right," he adds as an afterthought, "But don't run away from the ball," he heads back into the field.

"Whatever, okay!" Jackson returns to the field. "Let's go!" 

You follow suit, taking into account of what Mark said just now.

Go with your gut feeling, huh?

 

To be continued...