Date Me Under 23 Stars

Date Me Under The Stars

You head back to camp where your parents are sitting and cuddling at the same time, which is really gross. They chit chat to you about what you've seen and you're very terse in your responses, until it's about 20 minutes in and your dad asks you, 

"Did you bring back the torch by the way?"

"Ohhhh," you smack your forehead. "I left it at the field. Hang on, I'll go quickly and get it." 

"Oh no, it's fine. We've got plenty to spare."

"No, seriously, I'm pretty sure it's still there!" you say, running full speed ahead before your parents could object. Once you arrive towards the back of the hall again, the guys are still there including Jackson, though he doesn't come over even if you think that he's seen you. That's totally fine, though, because you're too focused on searching the area for the torch. 

"What are you looking for?" you turn back and see Jaebum glaring at you. It doesn't help that he's at an even better height advantage, as you're looking at him in a crouched position. 

You stand up, "My torch," you mumble.

Jaebum heads over to one of the bags sitting on the sidelines and takes out the torch you've been looking for. "You mean this?"

You snatch it off him. "Hey, were you about to take this and leave?!"

"You've never heard?" he raises his eyebrows. "Finders keepers losers weepers."

You roll your eyes, turning to leave. 

"Hey, wait." 

"What?" 

He takes a deep breath, like he's mentally bracing himself for what he's about to say. "asdfadsdfsdffasdffd..."

"What?" you lean in. 

He looks angry, obviously reluctant to repeat himself. Well, how on Earth are you supposed to understand that?

"I don't blame you," he looks away, extending a hand. "So here."

"What's that?" you ask dumbly.

"A handshake," he says like it's obvious. "It's my peace offering," when you don't respond, he says rather impatiently, "Take it."

You take his hand from the authority in his voice, shaking it. "So are you coming tomorrow? There's a lot of things we want to do that require pair performances, so more than anything, we need another person to even us out. Ergo, you."

"Well, I don't know, I mean I wasn't lying when I told Jackson that--" he makes an expression like he's had enough of you. "Y-yeah, I guess so," you amend. He walks back to the group, and you're sure you heard a "Are you happy now?" to a grinning Jackson as if he's planned this all along. When he catches your gaze he acts as if like nothing's happened.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" he dramatically waves at you. 

Guess he really wanted you to come, eh? 

 

End of chapter one.