7 Her past

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Eun was in the car with her parents. Her father was driving to their favourite restaurant to celebrate Ji Eun’s colourful result.

“Lee Ji Eun. Ji Eun-ah, do you want to become a lawyer like me when you grow up?” Ji Eun’s father asked curiously

Her mother smiled, anticipating in the conversation, waiting for her 14 years old daughter to reply to her father’s question.

“Aish, Dad! I told you I want to be a writer! Oh wait, maybe an architect! Should I just become a Mathematician? I don’t know, dad. This is so hard” answered Ji Eun making her parents chuckled at their daughter’s response.

“Whatever you want to become will make us proud, Ji eunnie. With your result like this, Eomma is sure that you can be whatever you want” her mother said with a wide smile that Ji Eun would remember forever.

A couple minutes after her father drove through the familiar empty road,

Bright light entered Ji Eun’s retina.

They were blinded by the bright light causing her father to press the gas pedal with full force as a black tinted car tailing their car closely. 

The tinted car sped up as if purposely wanting to crash with their vehicle.

Ji Eun’s mother quickly moved her frightened daughter, carrying her to the front passenger seat, hugging her tightly as if she knew the future.

She kissed Ji Eun endlessly. She hugged her daughter, rubbing her back and treasuring their last moments together until the black tinted car managed to collide with their vehicle. 

Their car skidded to the left, crashed to edge of a hill.

In a blink of an eye, their window broke to pieces, buried itself to her father’s flesh. The window glass did not miss her mother’s flesh. She was protected by her mother’s body. Hugging her with all the strength she had left.

A guy from the black tinted car went out, crunched some number on his phone, calling someone stating his task was finished.

 

Ji Eun’s door was yanked opened by her aunty as soon as she heard Ji Eun screamed.

She wrapped her arm around Ji Eun, calming her, rubbing her back like her mother did 3 years ago.

Ji Eun sobbed badly, making her aunt’s pyjamas wet with her tears. Her aunt stayed by her side calming her until she fell asleep.

*The next morning*

Ji eun woke up with her aunt by her side. She remembered what happened last night. 

She hugged her aunt whispering “sorry” softly to her ears.

She got up and freshened herself and went down to prepare breakfast, ignoring her aching body.

“Ji Eunnie, I informed your school that you are absent today, we will go to the hospital for check up, is it alright with you?” her au

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter