24 I know you

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“P-Park Ki H-Hyun?!” she asked as fear gushed from her. Slowly, her feet started to move backward without herself noticing it. The man lifted his head and saw Ji Eun who was standing, looking completely ashen a few blocks away from her own house. He had waited for her for quite sometimes and had figured that she went out. He sprinted towards Ji Eun before she could move a muscle. His hand reached Ji Eun’s wrist. Just before she was about to scream, Ki Hyun begged her to listen.

“Ji Eun, I swear I do not come here to hurt you” he said carefully

“Wh- I- I”,

“Please Ji Eun, just listen to me once. Please hear me out. Please.”  He pleaded with his eyes b with tears. Ji Eun paused, looking at him. Debating internally whether to trust or leave him. She took a deep breath.

“Okay, but I will hear you out but I will be inside the house, not beyond the gate and you will stand and explain outside the gate,” She said shakily after a minute of thinking. Ki Hyun nodded looking grateful. Ji Eun walked towards the gate as she locked it and stood there waiting for Ki Hyun to start.

“Ji Eun, I-I.” he paused. He breathed for a minute with his eyes closed.

“Ji Eun”, he started

“I was 7 when my mother died. Then my grandparents took me in. So I was separated from my brother and father .I didn’t know my father’s history. I only figured it out after you were kidnapped. I’m sorry Ji Eun.  Then I- I was reunited with my brother some time ago and he sort of asked me a favour. He asked me to give information about you. So I did as he asked me to. I felt wrong doing it as it was a very odd request but I did it anyway because I really wanted to make him happy after not seeing him for so long. I really didn’t know he would hurt you. I didn’t know his plan at all, I swear. He told me gaining information from you would help my father. So I did it, believing what he said. I didn’t know he was going to kidnap and hurt you. I really didn’t know! I’m really sorry, Ji Eun. Please, forgive me!” he ended with a sniff

“Ki- Ki Hyun, what kind of information?” she asked softly but cold, still registering the circumstance.

“Your daily activities, your family, your health, a lot of things” he answered honestly.

“Ji Eun, I really am sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I should have been appreciating you more. I mean you are the only one who actually is friends with me. I have been very lonely but you made my day better each day and I-I” He paused and wiped his tears.

“I-I don’t know, I-I”

“Ji Eun-ah, I have been showing you myself, I swear it wasn’t a pretend all these times. You know I wouldn’t hurt you, right? Please understand me. I wouldn’t hurt anyone, especially if I l-love that someone!”

“love?” Ji Eun chocked hearing those words from Ki Hyun. She cleared and said "If it's really love, you wouldn't have hurt me, you qould have saved me and proved yourself!", she was angry, fuming in anger

“Ji Eun,I did help. Do you think I flashed my tatoo to you by accident? I like you Ji Eun, a lot and I’ve been trying to tell you but you just don’t you get it.” he sighed, exasperated leaving Ji Eun with a hint of guilt.

“I’m sorry to shock you. I guess, I’ll give you some space. Just, tell me your answer Ji Eun. Once again, I am really sorry for what I did, for what my brother did. I am truly sorry but I do understand if you can’t accept me. I want to at least, still be friends.” He wiped his tears away and he muttered sorry a few more times. Ji Eun remained emotionless, just staring at him. Seeing her blank face, he stepped further from Ji Eun.

“I’ll go now. Thank you for listening”, He ended as he left Ji Eun’s sight. Ji Eun stood there motionless until she heard Aunt Bo Young calling for her. She went in, straight to her room. As she shut the door, she slides down her back against the door until her bottom reached the floor. She hugged her knees as she buried her face to her knees. She started sobbing quietly.

 

“Ji Eunnie?! Ji Eun-ah?! Wake up!” Aunt Bo Young cooed softly while tapping on Ji Eun’s shoulder.

“What time is it?” Ji Eun asked in a croaked voice as she stretched her body then sitting up.

“It’s 615, a little bit late than usual, but are you alright? You seem tired honey”,

“I am fine. Thank you eomma”

Ji Eun arrived at school still earlier than most students. She rested her head on her desk desperate of needing more sleep as she hardly catch any the night before. She sighed loudly knowing no one is in her class. She let out a few tears down her face as she tried not to sniff loudly. Knowing that her classmates would soon fill up the room, she wiped her tears and started to arrange her books.

“Why aren’t the Exo-K try to approach me today? Have they given up?” Ji Eun thought after a few hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter