22 Stay

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Lee Ji Eun?!” Baekhyun shrieked in horror.  Sehun’s face paled once he realized what he had done. He threw a fist on Ki Hyun’s face before running towards the unconscious Ji Eun. Ji Eun was already surrounded by the others. Her head was held carefully by Baekhyun’s arm, cuddling her worriedly. In a swift, Sehun placed his hands under her knees and behind her neck, lifting her up carefully.

“I’ll bring her to the infirmary. Handle him”, He instructed, eyeing Ki Hyun to the rest. Chanyeol, Kai and Suho stayed in the empty classroom while D.O and Baekhyun followed Sehun. “Do you know the consequences Sehun-ah?” D.O, as one of the school’s highest ranking students asked worriedly. Sehun was slowly laying Ji Eun on the bed. “I don’t think I care anymore, you should report him for what he did.” He said silently. Baekhyun hurriedly excused himself to find the nurse for help. The nurse came in, panting. She quickly examined Ji Eun. While doing that, she instructed them to leave her as she wanted to examine her further. The boys nodded and waited patiently outside the infirmary and the rest joined them.

“Her wounds hasn’t healed yet and she’s…”,Suho mumbled as he leaned tiredly against the wall leaving a loud sigh. Kai left them, getting beverages for them. Suho informed them that he had told the school’s principal and told her everything. “Ki Hyun will be suspended, again”, he finished his sentence.

‘Why isn’t he in jail or at least expelled from school?” D.O asked, confused.

“He wasn’t really involved and they got bailed out. Like he said, he didn’t really knew what he was getting into”, Suho explained earning an annoyed snicker from Sehun.

“What bull”, he muttered under his breath. Just when Kai came back, giving everyone a can of energy drink, the nurse came out.

“um, good news, no need to go to the hospital. She’s fine just maybe will be dizzy. Just let her rest. I’ll give her a letter of absence for a day or two. Maybe you could bring Ji Eun home?” she explained tiredly. The nurse knew Ji Eun very well. Of course, considering how often she had to visit the infirmary. The boys thanked her as she made her leave.

Sehun was about to enter the room till Chanyeol held his shoulder, “maybe you should let her rest first, then you can bring her home once she’s awake”, he advised. Sehun nodded but entered the room anyways.

“I’ll just inform Aunt Bo Young?” D.O asked for confirmation as he dialed Aunt Bo Young’s number. They gathered in the infirmary watching Ji Eun sleeping peacefully. “I can watch over her, you guys can go back and rest. If you want”, Sehun offered looking at his tired friends. They nodded and took their leave. D.O went to Sehun for a brief second, placing his hands on his shoulder. He smiled weakly at him, giving him support before he exited his way only leaving Sehun and Ji Eun alone. Well, the sleeping Ji Eun

Sehun got up from the couch where he was seated and made way to sit on the bed, he lifted up Ji Eun’s head carefully, placing her head on his lap as he leaned against the headrest. He stared at Ji Eun’s face and smiled.

“She’s so small that even two of her can fit this bed. How can someone so small handle all these problem she’s facing?” Sehun thought as he started to caress her hair. Tucking the hair that was stuck onto her face behind her ears.

After a while, Ji Eun whose head was still resting onto Sehun’s lap stirred in her sleep. Sehun who was leaning onto the headrest opened his eyes immediately, feeling her head moved on his lap.

“Lee- Lee Ji E-Eun?” he asked softly

“Are you awake?” he continued. With her eyes still tightly close, her hand reached to the bed sheet, grabbing a fistful of it. Her head moved constantly, left to right leaving gasped to be heard by Sehun. She started to let out slurry words alternating with constant gasp from . He called her name once again, loudly this time, panicking. He lifted her up from his lap, still mumbling as beads of sweat form on her forehead. He felt her shivered under his arm. He put her in a sitting positon, making her leaned against the headrest. He held her shoulder. Shaking her awake, gently

“Lee Ji Eun?!” he tried to wake her up but she was still busy stirring and mumbling in her sleep, wearing horrifying look on her face. He shook her shoulder over and over again until finally she slowed down a little bit.

Once again, he called out her name. Her eyes slowly lifted up, looking at Sehun, panting in fear. Her hand suddenly reached out to Sehun’s shoulder, still staring at him with her fearful eyes. Her eyes widened suddenly as she jolted straight up remembering what happened.

“What happened? Oh gosh, are you okay? What happened to Ki Hyun? Where are the rest? Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter