25 Her confession

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji Eunnie?” a soft voice called Ji Eun following by the sound of the infirmary door sliding open. Ji Eun lifted up her head slightly to peek and see the owner of the voice. Her eyes were getting tearier as she saw Baekhyun and D.O stood awkwardly as the feeling guilt flooded to her. Both of them quickly rushed to her side as they saw pearls of teardrops flowing down her cheeks. They lifted Ji Eun to make her sit on the bed instead of the cold tile floor. Baekhyun hugged Ji Eun immediately, her hair, telling her it was okay.

“Ji Eun-ah, it must be hard for you, isn’t it?” Baekhyun started as Ji Eun cried even more.  Ji Eun nodded while struggling to say “sorry”.

“It’s okay Ji Eun, it’s not your fault, really”, D.O comforted her even more. Without Ji Eun realizing it, it had always been D.O or Baekhyun that made her felt like a child as they are very good at comforting them and it was so much easier to tell them, somehow they always thought of her perspective instead of their own.

“But Ji Eun-ah, you shouldn’t believe what Minah said to you, really. She said all that because she’s jealous and that night, Sehun never was that rude like that towards her. We really do love you and we are very sincere of becoming friends with you, okay?” Baekhyun continued softly as he slowly released Ji Eun from his embrace. Ji Eun wiped her tears several times as her tears kept on coming out.

“Now, would you turn your crying face to a beautiful and cheerful one, our Ji Eunnie?” D.O said, trying to cheer her up as he cupped Ji Eun’s chubby cheeks. Ji Eun smiled even though her eyes were still blurring from the tears.

“But now Sehun is mad at me”, she said in her shaky voice

“That’s easy, just talk to him, he’ll shake it off”, D.O said simply. Baekhyun nodded at his answer in agreement. Ji Eun stood up, pulling D.O and Baekhyun together for a group hug while whispering ‘Thank you so much” to both of them.

“Let’s meet the rest, shall we?” Baekhyun asked. Ji Eun nodded eagerly.  Fortunately, the school has already ended for the day, Ji Eun, Baekhyun and D.O made their way back to their classroom. The classroom was only filled with the rest of Exo-K boys except for Sehun. She dashed her way to the other members to give them a hug and apology. When she was done apologizing and hugging everyone, she asked of where Sehun might be but Kai said he left earlier. Her facade remained worried as she thought of how to face Sehun.

“Honestly Ji Eun, we have been wanting to be friends with you since we first saw you in the hospital”, Kai whispered to Ji Eun but loud enough for the rest to hear.

“You mean after I was kidnapped?” Ji Eun thought in confusion.

“No silly! It was when you were admitted after your accident a long time go, I think”, Chanyeol blurted out but quickly regretting what he had said as he covered his mouth in horror.

“What? When? You mean we met before? Why didn’t you, I mean wh-“before Ji Eun could finish her sentence. Suho interrupted by hitting Chanyeol’s head while muttering “fool” to him.

“Ji Eun-ah, where are not the one who should be telling you this. I know you must be really confused now. Sehun will explain to you okay? He is the one who should be revealing it to you. Sorry”, Suho explained briefly leaving Ji Eun really confused now.

 She exited the classroom, informing the Exo-K boys that she was going to go home as she still needed more rest. Instead of using a straight path to the gate of the school, Ji Eun decided to use the long way where she will have to go through the school garden. She thought it would do her good as she will have more time to think of how to make up to Sehun and what Kai and Chanyeol had blurted out. The ideas were pouring out endlessly from Ji Eun’s brain but she thought none was good enough; she kept on thinking till a sight of someone visible to her eyes that interrupted her thoughts. She saw Sehun lying down under a tree, looking very angelic as if he was at ease. A flashback of them lying down together after knowing each other flashed through Ji Eun mind. Sehun was trying to ask about her well being while not forgetting his cool image that got Ji Eun confused. She smiled thinking of it. She bounced her way beside Sehun, carefully not to interrupt his nap or whatever he was doing. She sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter