26 The End

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Eun neither nod or denying it. Her face blushed in the darkness confirming that it was a yes to Ki Hyun. The lad who was listening to their conversation smiled gleefully alone. He felt like as if his heart was about to leap out of his heart out of happiness.

“Of course, I was expecting it anyway. Anyways Ji Eun, thank you for being a good friend all this while and I am really sorry for what I have done to you. I hope you will find your happiness with Sehun.” Ki Hyun said with a hint of sadness in his tone. He smiled forcefully to Ji Eun.

“Thank you too for being a friend to me too. Take care Ki Hyun. Goodbye”,She said solemnly. With that Ji Eun walked closer to Ki Hyun. Ki Hyun was expecting at least a hug, it goes the same for the lad who was watching them although his blood would have boiled in anger but Ji Eun did none of the expected, instead she drew her hand forward to shake with Ki Hyun. Ki Hyun shook her hand, feeling that he never wanted to let it go but he had to. Ji Eun allowed him to walk away first as she watched him disappear.

As she was about to walk back to the gate and lock it, a familiar voice calling her name startled her.

‘Sehun? You shocked me?!”, Ji Eun chastised him. He snickered in return.

“What are you doing here?”, she asked out of curiosity.

“would you like to go to the park with me first? Then I’ll start explaining”, he said as he offered his hand towards Ji Eun. Ji Eun blushed as she took his hand and nodded giddily.

Sehun brought a cup of hot chocolate for Ji Eun as he, himself bought chocolate latte for himself. It was a chilly night since it was the middle of autumn and Ji Eun was only wearing a thin long sleeve t-shirt with her checkered cotton pajama’s pants. Sehun put his beverage down as he realized that Ji Eun might catch a cold with her outfit. Being a gentleman for Ji Eun, he took of his sweater as he put it over Ji Eun that shocked her as she choked on her hot beverage. She was coughing badly from chocking the hot chocolate. Sehun patted her back gently and giggled at her. She blushed redder.

"That is one nice outfit you're wearing", Sehun said with a sarcastic tone, teasing Ji Eun. She playfully made a gasping sound and shocked face, playing along with Sehun. They giggled at their silliness. They kept quiet for a while, enjoying the cool breeze and the stary night with each other's company.

“Yesterday", Sehun started

"when we were in the bubble tea shop, I read Ki Hyun’s text to you which is why you weren’t notified of his visit. I’m sorry but please let me continue” Sehun paused waiting for Ji Eun to react but she kept silent.

“Anyways, I wanted to keep you safe so I was on the lookout and turned out you’re fine. Plus, he didn’t do anything stupid, so yeah.” He said awkwardly as he scratched his head unsure of what to do. Instead of replying, Ji Eun nodded in silence for a while until she realized one thing, that Sehun must have heard all of her conversation with Ki Hyun.

“So, you heard everything, huh?” She reconfirmed with Sehun. He nodded cutely.

“Pretty much everything, including the part that you like someone else”, He said deciding to tease Ji Eun. Ji Eun blushed, embarrassed

“But somehow you didn’t answer Ki Hyun’s question though, was it really me whom you like?”, Sehun continued teasing her.

“Yah, stop it, Sehun-ah!”, she scolded Sehun as she gently punched his chest.

“Still not answering it, Lee Ji Eun”, he bugged her even more.

“Sehun, it’s getting late. I really should go back now. Bye!”, Ji Eun said hurriedly as she walked towards her house

“Lee Ji Eun, wait!”, Sehun called out as he jogged to catch up with her to walk her home.

Before she parted with Sehun, she took of Sehun’s sweater and returned it to him but he refused to take it back as he said she should keep it and she looks cute in his oversize sweater. Then, Sehun once again called her name. She rolled her eyes playfully at Sehun as she spun around to face him.

“What is it now?”

“I want to show you something tomorrow. Also, I need to tell you something. It’s Saturday so you should be free. I’ll pick you up at by 12 noon. So be sure to be where you are standing here at 12, okay?” He asked Ji Eun. She nodded, flashing her toothy smile. As she went in the house, Aunt Bo Young bombarded her with questions.

“I didn’t know throwing up the trash could take more than an hour, Ji Eunnie”

“Eomma, sorry. Ki Hyun came to see me before he left for China” Ji Eun started which got Aunt Bo Young worried and more curious. Ji Eun told her everything including going out with Sehun tomorrow.

 

Ji Eun go through her wardrobe as she couldn’t find anything good to wear. If she were to wear a dress, it would be cold since it was breezy lately. In the end, she ended up wearing a knitted polka dot pullover with a soft pastel coloured collared shirt underneath and her black

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter