23 A Burden

In Denial
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Eun frowned at the sight of Minah and Sehun holding hand. Her happy mood immediately turned bad.

“Hey, I saw Minah around, so you better ru- um, oh hi Minah. I didn’t see you there.” Kai who spotted Ji Eun and Sehun, failed in warning as he saw Minah was already there. Kai saw the frown look on Ji Eun’s face. He took Ji Eun’s hand in his and invited her to go with him and leave Sehun with Minah alone. Ji Eun gave him a grateful smile and nodded. Sehun on the other hand felt guilty and terrible but Minah made it impossible for him to ignore her.

“Oh, Ji Eunnie, you bought matching bracelet and snowcap? You look great!” Kai attempted to cheer her up but to no avail instead earning a fake smile from Ji Eun. He tried.

“Sehun bought the snowcap, he had a similar one. I bought the bracelet for him too to match it’, Ji Eun replied solemnly. Kai replied with an “ahh”. He made small talk and joked to Ji Eun. She laughed at most of it, or at least tried to.

“Hey, we are supposed to meet up everyone in five minutes at the café nearby, want to go now?” Kai asked Ji Eun who was busy looking at the crafts at the booths to distract her thought. She nodded as a respond. Kai quickly took her hands into his as he led the way from the crowd. Ji Eun’s eyes widened at his gesture. He pressed his hand slightly giving Ji Eun assurance.  They smiled walking away from the crowd. Feeling bad, Ji Eun made small talk and apologized to Kai for being moody over a stupid jealously. Kai laughed it off asking her buying him dinner instead of apologizing. She laughed, sincerely this time and thanked him for being concerned of her. Sehun on the other hand saw Kai and Ji Eun came together hand in hand happily laughing on top of that, boiled him. He started to be cold and actually ignored Minah who wouldn’t stop babbling about her “fantastic” life. Minah got annoyed of being ignored and obviously more pissed when she saw the source of Sehun’s coldness.

 “Minah, can you shut up?” Sehun asked with his icy cold voice with made everyone shocked and silent. Minah gasped in surprised, unable to believe what Sehun had told her. Sehun had never do such rude things to Minah. Even though he was annoyed, he will always supressed it insead of lashing it out.

“B-but Sehunnie, I-I was”,

Sehun stood up and walked to the exit. Minah got so pissed as well. She stood up in embarrassment and walked towards Ji Eun. As usual, Ji Eun was so blur and engrossed talking to the other to even register what had happened. Next thing she knew, her wrist were wrapped by Minah’s hands as she got dragged. Minah warned the other not to follow as she told them she needed a “girl moment”. The other nodded, giving glances at each other unsure of letting Minah to be with Ji Eun alone.

Minah dragged Ji Eun forcefully and let go once they were out of view of the rest. Ji Eun rubbed her wrist which was aching in pain.

“You!” Minah started to point at Ji Eun.

“M-Me?” Ji Eun pointed at herself, not knowing what was happening.

“Don’t you see this is your fault?  I told you don’t steal what is mine! See, now he’s in a bad mood because of me. You are such burden to him!”

“Wh-what did I-“

“What did you do? You are so troublesome that Sehun has to always protect you. He gets into trouble to be with you. Lee Ji Eun, you are not worth for him. You are not worth for Sehun! He doesn’t even like you. He pities you and that is all! Why do you think they approached you? Lee Ji Eun, the introvert who had no friends. It is all because of pity, Ji Eun” Minah screamed in frustration.

“I- I am s-sure that is not t-true, I-“

“Sincerely be friending with you? You have got to be kidding me! Sehun had never loved you, he only loves me. I was his first love. Look how he still wants me to be around him. He doesn’t even protest whenever I want him to be with me but You! You spoiled it, Lee Ji Eun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter